Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Project Fentanyl 408 MJ killer.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2019, 07:47 AM
TECH Regular

Received 194 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by MY_2K_Z
Serious question here. Why do some people prefer to build extremely expensive NA stuff rather than go forced inductions. The money you guys put into heads and **** is insane for relatively low power. Seems like for the money build a solid short block and your choice of boost and have a very drivable car with way more power for less money. I know a lot of people talk about lag but take a ride in a well setup turbo car and there isn't any.
All depends on the engine's intended use.

You're not going to last 10 minutes on a road race track with a big f/i engine and still be competitive against an N/A car.
Then there's the chassis it's going into, etc.

My light weight C6 Z06 was meant for a high winding N/A motor, and I'm not interested in adding weight from a super charger, engineering a cooling system or deal with belt issues here in my 115* summers.
Old 05-20-2019, 08:08 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 350 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by fnbadaz06

You're not going to last 10 minutes on a road race track with a big f/i engine and still be competitive against an N/A car.

My light weight C6 Z06 was meant for a high winding N/A motor, and I'm not interested in adding weight from a super charger, engineering a cooling system or deal with belt issues here in my 115* summers.
And to add to this, that new fad of cutting a hole in fenders to exit the exhaust is not for me. I enjoy the sound of dual exhaust out the back to much.
Old 05-20-2019, 08:12 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Originally Posted by fnbadaz06

Originally Posted by AINT SKEERED
And to add to this, that new fad of cutting a hole in fenders to exit the exhaust is not for me. I enjoy the sound of dual exhaust out the back to much.
Either of you built a turbo/blower LS before?
Old 05-20-2019, 08:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ddnspider
Either of you built a turbo/blower LS before?
Nope.i will one day in another car. Just not this one
Old 05-20-2019, 08:54 AM
10 Second Club

Nope.i will one day in another car. Just not this one
Gotcha. I think some of the stigma's like fender exit exhaust and overheating are just that, stigmas. If it's built right, it won't have issues like that.
Old 05-20-2019, 09:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Gotcha. I think some of the stigma's like fender exit exhaust and overheating are just that, stigmas. If it's built right, it won't have issues like that.
Nothing against it,To each their own . Just for each intended use there is a combination that fits . I didn't want to add clutter under my hood so I went solid roller with cubic inches. A small shot of nitrous when I want more.
My car is a cruiser and my kids ride in it so no roll bar, already makes more power than I can use at the track with out being run off so a turbo or blower wasnt needed to reach my goals.

Next one will be built for the power it has and be able to use it. Turbo will be used for that build.
Old 05-20-2019, 09:11 AM
10 Second Club

Nothing against it,To each their own . Just for each intended use there is a combination that fits . I didn't want to add clutter under my hood so I went solid roller with cubic inches. A small shot of nitrous when I want more.
My car is a cruiser and my kids ride in it so no roll bar, already makes more power than I can use at the track with out being run off so a turbo or blower wasnt needed to reach my goals.

Next one will be built for the power it has and be able to use it. Turbo will be used for that build.
I gotcha. We do DD turbo setups, so they're great on the street, but I hear you about clutter and no roll bar. Can't see myself ever putting a cage in an F car.
Old 05-20-2019, 09:56 AM
TECH Junkie

I gotcha. We do DD turbo setups, so they're great on the street, but I hear you about clutter and no roll bar. Can't see myself ever putting a cage in an F car.
I bought it new and my girls grew up in this car. None of them would ever let me get rid of it if I wanted , so I try to keep it something that I can pass down one day as something other than a race car.
Maybe ride grand kids in someday as I did them. So no roll bar , I go play at the track to keep me off the streets .if I crashed at the track it's still better than on a street hurting an innocent family. I take that risk.
Old 05-20-2019, 10:37 PM
Banned

Received 100 Likes on 90 Posts

I could have done a turbo....have a old CC mag... of a 408 lq with AFR heads and 14.5 psi x hp of the 408 = hp x 2...1000 easy. I have 650+ with 9.5 comp do the math with just minimal psi @ 14.5.

I am NA.......what makes750 - 800 na Different than 800 S/C? SC far more deadly = Lots of Tq in a short amount of time. Added what the difference in a 236 cam and a 260 cam with a elec vacuum pump for brakes....gear the damn thing correctly and go from there...Good bearings and rings with a vacuum pump... Have other things like Fuel being sprayed from under the 4500 tb...besides the injectors. Idea's Cost! i'm willing because i know fuel from the top =hp Aka Carb....
Polydyn coating for bottom end after mock up...rods, bearings, crank, windage tray...etc pistons...
Not to much needed for the bottom end...gotta pay the man and my extra $µ!+ ...thought about roller cam bearings...ole thought and research...ideas Cost!
ICT billet ls Alt bracket also.

Another thing....Darth if Darin said 800 lift for Rowdy heads ...Ls3 heads would Need 900 just on looks and size vs 1 another. LOL! Wonder how well this lobe or cam core would work out with a 2.0 ratio rocker = .811 could the core stand it? Key here is Fuel and Air = Lift ...No Way around a fact & i'm @ .730 lift.
Old 05-20-2019, 11:18 PM
Banned

What i read on the road.... have all to most Popular Hot Rodding issues in paper back before it went under..and something's liked and thought about.

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/1203...ll-block-ford/

Look how easy this bottom end spins...and we are talking bottom ends
Strader has a rotating assembly that only takes between five and six foot-pounds of energy to rotate, instead of the 20 or so an average high-performance engine takes
https://www.lsxmag.com/tech-stories/...-will-it-make/

Called these guy for Mast STR8 port Face diameter...will and have called any build liked....Engines Builder for info...and all to most WJ included....
https://www.enginelabs.com/news/an-8...te-bonneville/
Old 05-20-2019, 11:23 PM
Banned

Think of how the sun works Simplified ....just in a chamber controled by the amount of fuel and air we can place at the top of a piston...more = more...keep it simple @ all cost and Hp will be there.

Y buy $1k lifters and Not Shoot 4 700 to 800 lift... and Street Useage...Springs say 700 to 800 lift? Y chump out on this yet have $4000 heads & 625 lift.. BS to me... Test this B! Let's C what $ does!

Last edited by Smokey B; 05-20-2019 at 11:33 PM.
Old 05-20-2019, 11:38 PM
Banned

This right here.....i can be as ignorant as i wanna and no law broken....Real one in the building...Damn Fool with it... LSX takes up my Entire Right Forearm. Shooting high if i fall ...it'll be better than anything... Avg believe that.

Don't plan on failing either...great people involved.
Old 05-21-2019, 12:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,022 Likes on 2,353 Posts

And the incessant rambling continues.....
Old 05-21-2019, 12:21 AM
Banned

Astma
You are the definition of a troll..you are not wanted nor needed for anything...as they say just move right along. I never posted on Anything you started never will. keep moving don't like you nor your build ( idk nor care).. So y R u here on this particular thread...i know your _____ Know this. So lets keep it simple. Stay in your lane as i will do the same....i'm not ls1Sales limited as you know me. 0-100 real quick towards u. So move on.

My whole thing is if 360cfm is seen without the intake .....We Will see 360cfm with it on also. No way around that also.
Old 05-21-2019, 12:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,022 Likes on 2,353 Posts

That's the first coherent (well sort of...) post I (and I'm sure others..) have seen yet in this thread.
Old 05-21-2019, 04:55 AM

Received 1,836 Likes on 1,145 Posts

Glad you are doing good lifters with that much lift. What is your plan for rockers? Spring?
Old 05-21-2019, 05:57 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Smokey B
what makes750 - 800 na Different than 800 S/C? SC far more deadly = Lots of Tq in a short amount of time. ....
Glad you said it and not me. How'd you get banned the first go around anyways?
Old 05-21-2019, 06:12 AM
KCS

Received 307 Likes on 207 Posts

Glad you said it and not me. How'd you get banned the first go around anyways?
Threatening to harm other members.
Old 05-21-2019, 06:26 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by KCS
Threatening to harm other members.
Fair enough.
Old 05-21-2019, 07:01 AM
Banned

staying cool....

Want my engine just like me ...
Don't give a give *}©€ and lethal. Remember I can't get in any Trouble with building a engine.
My entire purpose for buying what I bought. Not that there's anything wrong with a normal build like a hyd roller... Just not for me. I've looked and read about theses high hp builds and older NASCAR levels with the Want...

If you want something.. 1st thing is to learn what's wanted then purchase parts.... that's covered so now put it all together to see if what was learned was or is correct.