Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Introducing Katech's new crate engine packages

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 09:27 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by chuntington101
Katech, are there any planes to use the wet liners when they boecome avaliable?? how much more would that block be??? also what would a FI 427 longblock set someone back using your budget shortblock???

thanks Chris.

No, we are happy with our dry liners. Stay tuned for pricing.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:05 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Merlin

Sorry if you feel persecuted.
Think about how I felt when I opened the box
Think about how I felt when i was informed it would be another week then informed three weeks then another two wekks and on and on and on
Old 07-24-2006, 03:27 AM
Launching!

ttt
Old 07-24-2006, 09:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I find it kinda funny. I have finally read through this entire thread.

There are a lot of people here that think the prices offered from Katech are way out of line (or in better terms, something they will never afford). That can show one of many things..... one, they have never purchased a product of this nature, two, they are new to real performance products, three, they are new to the historic high performance market, four, they are too young to even realize whom Katech is (or companies of the like) and what they have actually done (and who they have done it for) over the past 29+ years in the industry..... and so on.

The prices are not out of line for anything or anyone. You get what you pay for. Hell, 13+ years ago while working for Guldstrand, TRACO Engine Development (and Katech for that matter) were still the "engine builders" of engine builders. I remember back then that everyone complained that they didnt make the most horse power and/or torque (peak values) and that they all thought it was expensive to even consider an offered engine package. But what most failed to realize was, the time, the experience, the multiple championships (held by both companies) and all the behind the secene stuff that most are not prevy to. But their engines made more power under the curve, cost less to maintain, didnt require 116 R/M^2 fuel and were so much more reliable than everything else available on the market. And all this was way before Roush, Hendrick, Yates, RCR, Gibbs and many others were even a twinkle in someone's eye.

I will offer some contrast. I remember we used to sell and install TRACO 377cid engine's (by the gross) into the GS80 package back in the day..... and back then the engine was the ole LT1. That package made around 485bhp and right about 500ftlbs and ran on pump. We sold that engine for $22,000.00 back in 1993. (dealer cost was a few $k less)

Now we have the LSx series that makes 600+bhp, weighs less, is more end-user friendly, runs those numbers on pump and all without batting an eye. Consider what we have had to put up with in the housing market..... we get the same thing for 25x times more. On the engine side of things..... we get 200 more horse power, less weight etc... etc for about the same amount. I think I'll take that and run with it.

You will pay for technology for the rest of your life, no matter what the end product is. I have been to Katech. I have seen their operation. I have talked to the people to talk too..... and I'll say this..... if you want a better return on your purchase, you will find no better of a product for the money.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:20 AM
Launching!

Chicane, well said. I don't think it can be explained any better way.
Old 07-25-2006, 02:45 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by chicane

There are a lot of people here that think the prices offered from Katech are way out of line (or in better terms, something they will never afford). That can show one of many things..... one, they have never purchased a product of this nature, two, they are new to real performance products, three, they are new to the historic high performance market, four, they are too young to even realize whom Katech is (or companies of the like) and what they have actually done (and who they have done it for) over the past 29+ years in the industry..... and so on.

The prices are not out of line for anything or anyone. You get what you pay for. Hell, 13+ years ago while working for Guldstrand, TRACO Engine Development (and Katech for that matter) were still the "engine builders" of engine builders. I remember back then that everyone complained that they didnt make the most horse power and/or torque (peak values) and that they all thought it was expensive to even consider an offered engine package. But what most failed to realize was, the time, the experience, the multiple championships (held by both companies) and all the behind the secene stuff that most are not prevy to. But their engines made more power under the curve, cost less to maintain, didnt require 116 R/M^2 fuel and were so much more reliable than everything else available on the market. And all this was way before Roush, Hendrick, Yates, RCR, Gibbs and many others were even a twinkle in someone's eye.

I will offer some contrast. I remember we used to sell and install TRACO 377cid engine's (by the gross) into the GS80 package back in the day..... and back then the engine was the ole LT1. That package made around 485bhp and right about 500ftlbs and ran on pump. We sold that engine for $22,000.00 back in 1993. (dealer cost was a few $k less)

Now we have the LSx series that makes 600+bhp, weighs less, is more end-user friendly, runs those numbers on pump and all without batting an eye. Consider what we have had to put up with in the housing market..... we get the same thing for 25x times more. On the engine side of things..... we get 200 more horse power, less weight etc... etc for about the same amount. I think I'll take that and run with it.

You will pay for technology for the rest of your life, no matter what the end product is. I have been to Katech. I have seen their operation. I have talked to the people to talk too..... and I'll say this..... if you want a better return on your purchase, you will find no better of a product for the money.

Thank you
Old 07-25-2006, 07:27 PM
TECH Resident

I momentarily felt the need to add a supportive comment.... But it can't be said any better than chicane said it.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:40 PM
TECH Resident

BTW whats the price on the low buck 427ci and what are the details? LS7 block L92 block or a sleeved something.
Old 07-26-2006, 06:51 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by chicane

Great post.
Old 07-26-2006, 07:07 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by firefighter
BTW whats the price on the low buck 427ci and what are the details? LS7 block L92 block or a sleeved something.

I'm happy to announce the value 427 is now available.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iv-internal-engine/548511-katech-value-427-short-blocks.html

Last edited by Katech_Jason; 07-26-2006 at 08:16 PM.
Old 07-26-2006, 08:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looks like a stellar line up, do you accept arms and legs for payment? Just teasing. The link you posted doesn't work either.
Old 07-26-2006, 08:16 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by WhiteStripes
Looks like a stellar line up, do you accept arms and legs for payment? Just teasing. The link you posted doesn't work either.
thanks

corrected
Old 09-06-2006, 09:27 PM
TECH Addict

ttt
Old 02-23-2007, 11:40 PM
Teching In

Jason,

Thanks for all of the information. I can't believe no one has asked about how much estimated power, either crank or RWHP, this package will make either with your own Katech LS6 heads or LS7 heads.

I own a set of Katech Stage II LS6 heads that I would send to you for rebuild (long story-one head grenaded due to bad Com Cam 918 spring) and to add to the new budget 427. I do a lot of road racing and and not 1/4 mile, so I would prefer a cam that would be better than the GM Hotcam or the Katech spec'd Stage II with 581/588 lift and 112 duration. I live in Germany and frequent Hockenheim race track often for both open driving days and sponsored events with the Swiss Corvette and Europena Viper clubs. I plan this year to compete again, after a 2 year break.

Car is an 2001 Z06 with 2004 Z06 motor, high flow cats, stock TI mufflers, Breathless D port matched headers, VaraRam ram air, Grannatelli MAF, some road racing spec stuff: DRM coolers everywhere and DRM integrated engine oil cooler. T1 race suspension, Movit big brakes front and back, Tranny and rear end torn down and rebuilt by myself. Hurst shifter. http://www.movit.de/images/corh09.jpg

I would like at least an approximation to what your HP levels are with your packages, I have not seen it mentioned anywhere yet, only what it is capable of handling. Are we looking at a 525-550 HP crank package?

Thanks.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:02 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by autobahnz06
Jason,

Thanks for all of the information. I can't believe no one has asked about how much estimated power, either crank or RWHP, this package will make either with your own Katech LS6 heads or LS7 heads.

I own a set of Katech Stage II LS6 heads that I would send to you for rebuild (long story-one head grenaded due to bad Com Cam 918 spring) and to add to the new budget 427. I do a lot of road racing and and not 1/4 mile, so I would prefer a cam that would be better than the GM Hotcam or the Katech spec'd Stage II with 581/588 lift and 112 duration. I live in Germany and frequent Hockenheim race track often for both open driving days and sponsored events with the Swiss Corvette and Europena Viper clubs. I plan this year to compete again, after a 2 year break.

Car is an 2001 Z06 with 2004 Z06 motor, high flow cats, stock TI mufflers, Breathless D port matched headers, VaraRam ram air, Grannatelli MAF, some road racing spec stuff: DRM coolers everywhere and DRM integrated engine oil cooler. T1 race suspension, Movit big brakes front and back, Tranny and rear end torn down and rebuilt by myself. Hurst shifter. http://www.movit.de/images/corh09.jpg

I would like at least an approximation to what your HP levels are with your packages, I have not seen it mentioned anywhere yet, only what it is capable of handling. Are we looking at a 525-550 HP crank package?

Thanks.

Yes, thats exactly right.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:58 AM
Staging Lane

very good deals
Old 03-04-2007, 03:29 PM
Teching In

Hi,
Do you have a price and availability of the

KAT-A4720 Warhawk

And if you offer the 427 version.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:25 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by izaks
Hi,
Do you have a price and availability of the

KAT-A4720 Warhawk

And if you offer the 427 version.

The tall deck (454) is not available yet. I have a short deck (427-433) if you're interested. Give me a call 866.Katech1
Old 03-04-2007, 06:40 PM
On The Tree

Jason, Do you offer a value 427 long block plus (pan to intake, Katech ported upgraded LS7 heads, ported intake, cam, etc.?
Old 03-04-2007, 06:51 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by john_sblendorio
Jason, Do you offer a value 427 long block plus (pan to intake, Katech ported upgraded LS7 heads, ported intake, cam, etc.?
Sure. Give me a call Monday. 866-Katech1.

Quick Reply: Introducing Katech's new crate engine packages