Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

LS2/LS7 90mm drive-by-wire throttle body

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 11:12 AM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default LS2/LS7 90mm drive-by-wire throttle body

I was just wondering what this throttle body originally came on/in? What will it work on/in without any modifications? What will it work on/in with modifications and please list those mods? I'm trying to gather up some knowledge on this throttle body because I have one for sale and don't know too much about it. Thanks

Last edited by Dragaholic; 11-26-2006 at 11:47 AM.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

None as far as I know you will need to buy a fast/nw/holley/umi etc..
Old 11-26-2006, 11:48 AM
9 Second Club NA

I just found this:

KAT-4752 LS2 Throttle body adapter
• Install an LS2 throttle body in a LS1 / LS6 vehicle
• Excellent for C5 or early CTS-V FAST 90mm manifold conversions

Price: $50.00

http://www.katechengines.com/street_...tail.php?id=21
Old 11-26-2006, 11:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

You sure thats not just a 90mm to 78mm adapter?

Also I misread your post, I thought you were talking about a cable throttle, not ETC my fubar.
I think most of the LS2's came with ETC 90mm throttles.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:58 AM
9 Second Club NA

What I was wanting to know was what all year models/motors did the LS2/LS7 90mm drive-by-wire throttle bodies come on/in?

Then what will it work on/in without modifications and then with modifications?

While waiting for an answer, I checked Katech's site because they're known for conversions and found an adatper kit that allows you to run a LS2/LS7 90mm drive-by-wire throttle body in a LS1/LS6 vehicle.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:07 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dragaholic
What I was wanting to know was what all year models/motors did the LS2/LS7 90mm drive-by-wire throttle bodies come on/in?

Then what will it work on/in without modifications and then with modifications?

While waiting for an answer, I checked Katech's site because they're known for conversions and found an adatper kit that allows you to run a LS2/LS7 90mm drive-by-wire throttle body in a LS1/LS6 vehicle.
2005+ Corvette
2006 CTS-V
2006 GTO

Yes, the KAT-4752 is a plug-and-play adapter to run a LS2/LS7 throttle body on a C5 or LS6 CTS-V.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:14 PM
9 Second Club NA

So the only 2 vehicles that it will work in with your adapter harness is the C5 and LS6 CTS-V, other than the original vehicles it came equipped in?
Old 11-26-2006, 01:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So the only 2 vehicles that it will work in with your adapter harness is the C5 and LS6 CTS-V, other than the original vehicles it came equipped in?
Yes and will work on some trucks as well that use drive by wire. It has to be wired in though...
Old 11-27-2006, 12:33 AM
TECH Addict

Speartech sells a truck TB adapter cable. Works well too as several of us truck guys are running them. I've used both types of 90mm TB's on my 2004 H2 - the 90mm car and the SSR truck TB.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:29 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Uh there should also be the 05 GTO in that list.

What TB is used on the TBSS LS2? is it the same just mounted on the Truck manifold or does the TB SS get the low profile manifold as well?
Old 11-27-2006, 11:03 AM
9 Second Club NA

So what all trucks will it work in with the correct adapter kit?
Old 11-28-2006, 12:57 AM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm only going to say this once. I know other have ad. nauseum.

USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!!!!!!!!!

You are the poster child of bad posting etiquette because you ignore the simplest of rules. So, you are getting your one get out of jail free card here with me. After this, the hammer is coming down...

The 90MM DBW TB came on all LS2 power vehicles. I haven't cheked the 4.8 or 5.3's to see if its standard on the newer trucks.

78MM DBW TB's came on all LS1 and LS6 equipped vehicles.

Simple logic should indicate to you that vehicles with LS1/LS6 intakes use 78MM, and LS2 intake equipped cars would use a 90MM. RIIIIIGHT????

Now, the connectors on the 78's are different than the 90. So, you have two choices. Buy a repair harness from GM with the correct plug and cut your factory plug off your exisitn harness to use a 90MM on a 78MM car, or buy an adapter harness to plug between them.

If you'd have spent a bout 2 seconds doing some reading you could have found all this information on this site...
Old 11-28-2006, 01:22 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by J-Rod

You are the poster child of bad posting etiquette because you ignore the simplest of rules. So, you are getting your one get out of jail free card here with me. After this, the hammer is coming down...

Old 11-28-2006, 02:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The 90MM DBW TB came on all LS2 power vehicles. I haven't cheked the 4.8 or 5.3's to see if its standard on the newer trucks.

78MM DBW TB's came on all LS1 and LS6 equipped vehicles.

Simple logic should indicate to you that vehicles with LS1/LS6 intakes use 78MM, and LS2 intake equipped cars would use a 90MM. RIIIIIGHT????

Now, the connectors on the 78's are different than the 90. So, you have two choices. Buy a repair harness from GM with the correct plug and cut your factory plug off your exisitn harness to use a 90MM on a 78MM car, or buy an adapter harness to plug between them.

If you'd have spent a bout 2 seconds doing some reading you could have found all this information on this site...

Old 11-28-2006, 05:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

dragaholic...ya got knocked the fugg out j/k..
Old 11-28-2006, 06:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 11-28-2006, 06:19 PM
9 Second Club NA

J-Rod, I searched and found what I needed right after I had posted this thread. Then there was even other members, including a sponsor, who added more info. Your comments were unecessary and quite rude. Then it just encourages others to talk **** as well. I appreciate you offering help, but you could of left out the **** talk. Its nice to know how friendly people are around here.

To the rest of you who are hailing, hammering, etc. if you gota ******* problem with me, step away from the computer and do something about it. Typing words don't mean **** to me!
Old 11-30-2006, 12:18 AM
On The Tree

J-Rod, I searched and found what I needed right after I had posted this thread. Then there was even other members, including a sponsor, who added more info. Your comments were unecessary and quite rude. Then it just encourages others to talk **** as well. I appreciate you offering help, but you could of left out the **** talk. Its nice to know how friendly people are around here.

To the rest of you who are hailing, hammering, etc. if you gota ******* problem with me, step away from the computer and do something about it. Typing words don't mean **** to me!
Old 11-30-2006, 02:19 PM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ya know what. Had you been "just any other newbie" I might have just responded with the info. But, as most everyone on this site knows, you are the poster child of bad posting etiquette.

You put stock parts up for sale for years now at prices only the most foolish of consumers would ever even consider. You then post multiple threads about the same stuff OVER and OVER and OVER again. You've been warned numerous times about it.

Not only that, but when you post up a aquestion, and you get an answer you don't like you go re-post the question to see if it gets answered differently.

You spend coutless posts and PM's to other members asking about the nuances of their combo. Then you waver back and forth, and back and forth, and back and forth agonizing over some minute detail.

I could go on and on about how bad your posting on this site has been. But, I don't really need to because you know it. The folks who responded in here for the most part know it. The other moderators know it. The owners of the site know it. This site doesn't ban users for stupidity, or for stupid actions, otherwise several other mods would have sent your user ID to the scrap heap long ago.

So the point of my reply was, you aren't some n00b. You know better, but you simply choose to ignore every request that has been made to you, and you continue to act as you always have. Thats really the issue. Besides, this post really should have been in external engine, but the LS2/Ls7 section is a gray area at times, so I let that part slide.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you go to www.gmcopo.com they have many of the different adaptor's for your TB's. I was able to get my LS2 90mm TB for $260 with shipping. If you have any questions talk to Ken Kasey at Burt Chevy in Denver, CO. He is the go to guy for Chevy Hi Performance's tech question's. He is also freinds with the guy's at GMCOPO, so he knows their work and quality.

Quick Reply: LS2/LS7 90mm drive-by-wire throttle body