Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

L92 DynoJet Numbers Plus Plan B, C, D, E and F...

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 07:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WKMCD
I spoke with Shawn yesterday after he'd been out with the car. He says it's just nutty. Super mild but incredibly strong. PERFECT!!!!!

I'll find out for myself tomorrow.
Sent you that info you requested Kevin in the PM. Also a little extra. Hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow, and with what I spoke on in the PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Shawn @ VA Speed
hope you like them

Me likey...
Old 03-27-2010, 05:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Just got back from picking up the car at Virginia Speed. The car is a brute. Excellent linear power. A little less chop than before which means VERY little. Thanks to Ed it runs flawlessly. I was really impressed with the return to idle. Perfect every time. This is with a 107mm NW TB. We got stuck in some bumper to bumper traffic and it was no more difficult to drive than any manual transmission.

The Spec 3+ performs great. It has a small "growl" when engaging. Nothing major and I think that will go away with some miles.

We ended up taking some country roads back because the 95 North had 3 of 4 lanes closed. The last hundred miles or so was nice country roads and we got on it a few times. Traction with the 315 PS2 is an illusion through the first 2 and half of 3rd gear. It blows through traction control completely.

All in all, I'm extremely pleased with the way this iteration turned out. A bit schizophrenic. Mild just cruising around and violently quick on the throttle.

BTW: The valve covers are a beautiful Candy Apple Red with the Virginia Speed engraving. They really didn't photograph well above.
Old 03-27-2010, 06:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Congrats Kevin, sounds like you got one psycho Bi Polar bitch with just a touch of class on your hands !!!!!!!!!

Great job everyone, and glad to hear you made it home safely........
Old 03-28-2010, 08:26 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I saw the whole dam state of Virginia today! Was a nice LONG drive back from Virginia Speed.
Kevin, that engine looks as good as it performs. The candy apple red covers really have to be seen, to be appreciated. Shawn did a great job on the engraving for sure.
How to describe the engine itself........Jeckyl and Hyde!
Sitting at idle, it's so smooth and quiet you would never know what beast lies beneath. You're going to HAVE to get some kind of stickier tire for the backs, there's just no way to hook up the PS2's....PERIOD. Even with drag radials, it's gonna eat those alive too.
I cannot EVER remember seeing something so docile, and yet so viscious at the same time. And I mean that in the best, and most jealous way possible.
Kevin, The Gentlemans Cruiser is a true beulevard beater my friend.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Hey Kevin take a look at the tires this guy uses for his 1150 rwhp monster. Turbos and Nitrous.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/corvette-...whp-style.html

Mickey Thompson 345/18's !! Might be a little too wide. They sure look good on the c6 though.

Last edited by allngn_c5; 03-28-2010 at 09:24 AM.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:23 AM
FormerVendor

Sounds like the engine is all you could hope for. Good Deal!

Be careful what you hope for in terms of traction. Something has to give lest the drive train will find the next weakest link.
Tall wrinkle-wall slicks will hook but create a whole new specific drag car scenario.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:27 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by See5
Sounds like the engine is all you could hope for. Good Deal!

Be careful what you hope for in terms of traction. Something has to give lest the drive train will find the next weakest link.
Tall wrinkle-wall slicks will hook but create a whole new specific drag car scenario.
Famous WKMCD quote:
Wheel spin doesn't break things.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:12 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by sneaks
Famous WKMCD quote:
Wheel spin doesn't break things.
The 315 PS2's are worthless and I have yet to really appreciate the car's acceleration due to spinning though 3 gears. Drag radials don't meet my handling or reliability requirements. The Kuhmo XS's look interesting but I'm still not expecting much help from them.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Any pics of the engine in the car?
Old 03-29-2010, 10:35 AM
cam
TECH Junkie

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

my khumos arrived on Monday. Weird tire they almost feel like they are made from plastic. Haven't installed then yet as my car is still in
pieces but the viper crowd seems to like them and the gsd3's I'm taking off are completely useless. Can't be worse than what I had
Old 03-29-2010, 03:32 PM
Staging Lane

Awesome Kevin, I am glad the build turned out the way you wanted. Speaking from experience, it is nerve racking as hell to do a build like this. Of course you had the guys at Virginia Speed but you never know until you are in the car and everything works as or better than expected. Good job; now let's go cruising somewhere. I hear LA isn't too far.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Thanks Mike.

How about some engine ****. I suck at taking pictures. Shawn even went as far as bead blasting the water pump and alternator bracket. He probably doesn't think I noticed.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:18 AM
Staging Lane

Congrats Kevin

This is by far the most impressive 427 build that I have seen. I never dreamed that we would reach a day when you could have this kind of torque and driveability without forced induction, but it has happened. One would think this was at least a 454 by looking at dyno!

I know how blown away I was with my car after Ed was done with it, so I can only imagine how you feel right now!

Once again Congrats and now its time to have some fun this summer...

Matt
Old 03-30-2010, 10:05 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WKMCD
Just got back from picking up the car at Virginia Speed. The car is a brute. Excellent linear power. A little less chop than before which means VERY little. Thanks to Ed it runs flawlessly. I was really impressed with the return to idle. Perfect every time. This is with a 107mm NW TB. We got stuck in some bumper to bumper traffic and it was no more difficult to drive than any manual transmission.

The Spec 3+ performs great. It has a small "growl" when engaging. Nothing major and I think that will go away with some miles.

We ended up taking some country roads back because the 95 North had 3 of 4 lanes closed. The last hundred miles or so was nice country roads and we got on it a few times. Traction with the 315 PS2 is an illusion through the first 2 and half of 3rd gear. It blows through traction control completely.

All in all, I'm extremely pleased with the way this iteration turned out. A bit schizophrenic. Mild just cruising around and violently quick on the throttle.

BTW: The valve covers are a beautiful Candy Apple Red with the Virginia Speed engraving. They really didn't photograph well above.
Congrats Kev!! She sounds like a real treat to drive. The VC's look great!
Old 03-30-2010, 11:28 AM
Staging Lane

The cruiser needs a 427 badge.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by McLeod
The cruiser needs a 427 badge.
What, and give it away? Kevin is Mr Low profile with his ride. You never see him coming, but with all this power if he has traction most people will see him walking (running) away from them.

Although 427 badges, modest sized would be sweet. What do you think Kevin? Going to stay STEALTH or advertise just a touch?
Old 03-30-2010, 12:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
What, and give it away? Kevin is Mr Low profile with his ride. You never see him coming, but with all this power if he has traction most people will see him walking (running) away from them.

Although 427 badges, modest sized would be sweet. What do you think Kevin? Going to stay STEALTH or advertise just a touch?
It's kind of fun staying under the radar. Pulling up in a nice white vert and popping the hood.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Ah hell yeah Kevin !!
Old 03-30-2010, 01:32 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by allngn_c5

I was joking.

Quick Reply: L92 DynoJet Numbers Plus Plan B, C, D, E and F...