Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Found a Problem, Engine Builders Check out these Pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007 | 02:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Threads do get better results than e-mails, pm's, and phone calls. Zack was contacted and wanted no further info about the topic stating it was fine. Opinions vary:

Let it be known that very few shops ever want to look at work they didnt do. RJ was told once, "I dont touch other people's ***-ups" when he approached one shop in person.
Old 03-27-2007 | 02:28 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor
20 Year Member

No Kurt I wasn't gearing it towards you at all. The guys at W2W are great & we always enjoy getting to talk with you every chance we get Kurt!

I've talked with the RJ & we're going to get her coming back here for inspection. I'll keep everyone posted.
Old 03-27-2007 | 03:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by AintQik
And, I was trying not to take a cheap shot. Nobody wanted to talk to me. I understand that its tough to diagnose with some pictures, but something is wrong.
You did nothing out of line, you called the builder about the problem and felt it did no good, than you used this site, as many do, when they have a problem. Remember, it should take one phone call and things should get rolling to diagnos and fix the problem.

It took 5 pages of member/sponsor backing and now you're getting taken care of. TSP is obviously a good shop, they've been around for a long time and they have alot of engines out there, it's just that every engine can't turn out perfect, from ANY builder, period.

You should feel pretty good, you'll be back on the road soon

Old 03-27-2007 | 04:07 PM
TECH Junkie

This means I don't need to sing on the phone right???? You don't know how happy that makes me! Good luck to all.

Kurt
Originally Posted by Trevor @ Texas Speed & Perf.
No Kurt I wasn't gearing it towards you at all. The guys at W2W are great & we always enjoy getting to talk with you every chance we get Kurt!

I've talked with the RJ & we're going to get her coming back here for inspection. I'll keep everyone posted.
Old 03-27-2007 | 05:06 PM
10 Second Club

That is great news that you will get your setup taken care of. I am confident that TSP will be honest in their findings. Keep us informed.
Old 03-27-2007 | 05:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

i definitely think you got something going on..one or two those look too deep to be normal...im glad tsp is checking this..

Last edited by 3pnt4maro; 03-27-2007 at 05:45 PM.
Old 03-27-2007 | 05:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 3pnt4maro
i definitely think you got something going on..one or two those look too deep to be normal...the vendor isnt gonna do anything to resolve this..wow just wow
TSP aswell as the owner already posted the shortblock is being sent back to TSP, inspected, and fixed at TSP's cost.

I agree "WOW just WOW"
Old 03-27-2007 | 05:35 PM
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Hahaha I didn't even know it was a TSP block so I hope TSP isn't mad at me too! I am sure they will take care of you though. I know most of the guys that do TSP's stuff up there and they are good guys. The blocks I got were from way up North!
Old 03-27-2007 | 06:55 PM
TECH Regular

Yea those guys are pretty stand up. I'm in the process of taking the block out now. Should be out in a day. I got a job ya know I'm sure they will be forthright with whatever they find. My fault or something in the build we'll get it worked out. For educational purposes I'll post on what we find.
Old 03-27-2007 | 11:01 PM
Teching In

I am looking for a shortblock myself. If anything this whole thing has made me want to do business with TSP. They seem respected by the other builders on here, they have great prices, and they are taking care of a problem that might not even be their fault.
Old 03-28-2007 | 03:01 PM
10 Second Club

Glad you are getting it taken care of. The only reason I suggested naming the sponsor was to speed up the process. And look at this....the owner posts up who it was and 27 minutes later TSP is stepping up and taking care of him.

I reccomended them before and will continue to do so. And if anyone has any doubts about the build.......I just helped a friend pull his heads off a TSP 383 and it looks perfect in there. No marks or anything. So......if this was caused by the builder I would say it's an isolated incident. Either way TSP has stepped up again.
Old 03-28-2007 | 05:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by jay_99z
if this was caused by the builder I would say it's an isolated incident. Either way TSP has stepped up again.
Agreed, as I said long ago. Doesn't matter if you're a "premium" or even a "super-dooper premium" engine builder, you will mess up from time-to-time. This is where the "customer service" aspect of a company comes into play.

TSP stepped up.

Old 03-28-2007 | 05:49 PM
Staging Lane

Hahaha when I started reading this thread....two things came to mind. This is either the work of TSP or Scoggin Dickey. Hey Trevor I will take you up on that offer, I would LOVE to be there when you tear down this 403. Only a couple companies on this board ever have trouble w/ shortblocks, and those compaines seem to be involved time and time again. I love how you guys state "we sell hundreds of shortblocks every year". When the truth is you maybe did 60 last year tops. And of those I have seen over 5 diffrent cases of people having problems. What about all those Dart heads you guys ported, or PRC ( ohh wait thats you guys also) I think we all know what happened there. If it was my money Katech and W2w seem to be TOP NOTCH. I hope this issue gets resolved, but I have a feeling you won't see any of your money back; and this will be a long drawn out process.
Old 03-28-2007 | 06:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by macky
I am looking for a shortblock myself. If anything this whole thing has made me want to do business with TSP. They seem respected by the other builders on here, they have great prices, and they are taking care of a problem that might not even be their fault.

I agree VERY GOOD customer service!
Old 03-28-2007 | 07:16 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor
20 Year Member

The invitation was for the other shops posting. This implies that you have to know what you're talking about, which you don't. You're an under-achieving agitator that is still bitter because we would not hire you. You're still an expert on our business, too, it seems. You have absolutely ZERO to contribute to this thread, or any of our threads for that matter. Feel free to stop by and discuss this further Mr. Ricky Box.

Trevor
Texas Speed & Performance

Originally Posted by Bigchickenhawk
Hahaha when I started reading this thread....two things came to mind. This is either the work of TSP or Scoggin Dickey. Hey Trevor I will take you up on that offer, I would LOVE to be there when you tear down this 403. Only a couple companies on this board ever have trouble w/ shortblocks, and those compaines seem to be involved time and time again. I love how you guys state "we sell hundreds of shortblocks every year". When the truth is you maybe did 60 last year tops. And of those I have seen over 5 diffrent cases of people having problems. What about all those Dart heads you guys ported, or PRC ( ohh wait thats you guys also) I think we all know what happened there. If it was my money Katech and W2w seem to be TOP NOTCH. I hope this issue gets resolved, but I have a feeling you won't see any of your money back; and this will be a long drawn out process.
Old 03-28-2007 | 07:22 PM
Launching!

The invitation was for the other shops posting. This implies that you have to know what you're talking about, which you don't. You're an under-achieving agitator that is still bitter because we would not hire you. You're still an expert on our business, too, it seems. You have absolutely ZERO to contribute to this thread, or any of our threads for that matter. Feel free to stop by and discuss this further Mr. Ricky Box.

Trevor

LMAO That's some funny ****!

Old 03-28-2007 | 07:28 PM
Staging Lane

haha...what a TOOL!

TSP will be getting my short-block order!
Old 03-28-2007 | 08:27 PM
Launching!

Trevor
That's some funny ****. He got his *** handed to him.
Old 03-28-2007 | 10:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ls1itldo
LMAO That's some funny ****!

so wrong, and yet so funny
Old 03-28-2007 | 11:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

chicken hawk (CHIK.un.hawk) n. A person who now advocates war but who once took special measures to avoid military service. Also: chicken-hawk, chickenhawk.

http://www.wordspy.com/words/chickenhawk.asp

Quick Reply: Found a Problem, Engine Builders Check out these Pics