Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

TrickFlow 205 Heads or 215 Heads

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 01:09 PM
SEB
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TrickFlow 205 Heads or 215 Heads

I am going to be running the following. I want to run 6.80s on motor with my AC & Power Steering & Skinnys up front.

My combo is

347 Short Block with Forged Internals
TFS Heads 205 or 215 cut to 59cc
Fast 90 Intake (NO PORT WORK)
NW TB
EWP
All Bolt Ons
Cam 248-252 65x lift 112 lobe Sep

I want to spray a 2 stage 250 shot. 150 first stage & 100 shot second stage. My question is will I run better on the motor & spray with the 205 TFS Heads or the 215 TFS Heads?
Old 05-23-2007, 01:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SEBLS1
I am going to be running the following. I want to run 6.80s on motor with my AC & Power Steering & Skinnys up front.

My combo is

347 Short Block with Forged Internals
TFS Heads 205 or 215 cut to 59cc
Fast 90 Intake (NO PORT WORK)
NW TB
EWP
All Bolt Ons
Cam 248-252 65x lift 112 lobe Sep

I want to spray a 2 stage 250 shot. 150 first stage & 100 shot second stage. My question is will I run better on the motor & spray with the 205 TFS Heads or the 215 TFS Heads?
TFS 215s or the Dart 225's hand ported. If you get the right porter (Not Yelvi) you can get more power out of the 225's vs the TFS 215s out of the box.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think TFS has a 205. I think the options are 215/225.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

damn SEB where did you get the money for the Trick flow's?
Old 05-23-2007, 01:39 PM
SEB
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1936FordPU
TFS 215s or the Dart 225's hand ported. If you get the right porter (Not Yelvi) you can get more power out of the 225's vs the TFS 215s out of the box.

THanks Mike. I appreciate the info. You do know alot & I respect what you have to say.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:40 PM
SEB
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Omega Doom
damn SEB where did you get the money for the Trick flow's?

Well since the Short Block was not ready. I went ahead & decided to go with some TFS Heads instead of the 1.5 TEA Ported 5.3 Truck Heads. I think I am going to sell these TEA Heads or put them on my truck with a cheater cam in my truck
Old 05-23-2007, 01:44 PM
Banned

THanks Mike. I appreciate the info. You do know alot & I respect what you have to say.
Mike cant get on from work. He's banned and has websense. Im Matt. Posting on my lunch break I help in the garage a lot.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:56 PM
SEB
TECH Fanatic

Mike cant get on from work. He's banned and has websense. Im Matt. Posting on my lunch break I help in the garage a lot.

Matt thanks for the help man. I am shooting for 450 RWHP which I know is a tall order for a Auto....

I made 388 RWHP with a Cam & LS6 Intake & 241 ported heads. Then I added a electric Water pump & ASP Pulley & went from 7.47 @ 91 to 7.29 @ 94 mph with those two mods. So I assume I was at 400 RWHP on my old setup!

I hope with the TFS Heads & FAST 90 & Nick Williams TB & this Big Cam I can get close to those RWHP numbers.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

thats not mike? but I thought you named him fuckstick or something?
Old 05-23-2007, 03:00 PM
Banned

Matt thanks for the help man. I am shooting for 450 RWHP which I know is a tall order for a Auto....

I made 388 RWHP with a Cam & LS6 Intake & 241 ported heads. Then I added a electric Water pump & ASP Pulley & went from 7.47 @ 91 to 7.29 @ 94 mph with those two mods. So I assume I was at 400 RWHP on my old setup!

I hope with the TFS Heads & FAST 90 & Nick Williams TB & this Big Cam I can get close to those RWHP numbers.
Do you have the cam card from that cam?

Sounds like a Cam Motion grind from the first looks of it. You really need to look at the .200 lift numbers and see what the numbers are there. Find you a head porter that can get you good mid lift numbers to fill the cylinder sooner and your cam will shine with his port. It all depends on the head numbers before throwing out a cam. 450rwhp through an Auto is very attainable with the right person spec'ing and the right person tuning. How many small bore motors do you know that make 760hp on an engine dyno LS1 based? I know Mike sits down with Ray and they spec out cams together for his customers applications. Chris does Mike's cylinder head work. Chris, Ray and Mike together on a combo is pretty nasty. Cam only setup is going out this weekend. It should be pretty nasty when it leaves. I know in a 6 speed the same cam at 3500 lbs has already gone 6.90's cam only.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:18 PM
FormerVendor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I know the guys at Vengeance made 450 RWHP unlocked and 480 locked on a stock shortblock. That particular car had our LS6 Stg 2 heads on it, but the TFS 215's should make more power than that. I think that car went 10.60's or 10.70's with issues getting down the track, so that should be close to 6.80's in the 1/8 mile.

A bigger port volume head should make more power on the spray, but will not run as fast on motor, so pick your port volume from there, you can get the TFS 225 intake port with the TFS 215 chamber, but it does not flow ANY more air than the standard TFS 215.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:34 PM
SEB
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Omega Doom
thats not mike? but I thought you named him fuckstick or something?

yes Mike's Nickname is FUCKSTICK. Sorry mike. But you earned it.

Needless to say, Fuckstick knows his **** when it comes to these LS1's
Old 05-23-2007, 04:40 PM
SEB
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Brian Tooley
I know the guys at Vengeance made 450 RWHP unlocked and 480 locked on a stock shortblock. That particular car had our LS6 Stg 2 heads on it, but the TFS 215's should make more power than that. I think that car went 10.60's or 10.70's with issues getting down the track, so that should be close to 6.80's in the 1/8 mile.

A bigger port volume head should make more power on the spray, but will not run as fast on motor, so pick your port volume from there, you can get the TFS 225 intake port with the TFS 215 chamber, but it does not flow ANY more air than the standard TFS 215.

I want to bolt on the TFS Heads & FAST all unported & see what they do by theirselfs straight from the box. I just don't want to overkill my setup with big heads & not make TQ & power down low where I need it on this small stock block.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:35 PM
Banned

I want to bolt on the TFS Heads & FAST all unported & see what they do by theirselfs straight from the box. I just don't want to overkill my setup with big heads & not make TQ & power down low where I need it on this small stock block.
Drop that cam down to a 106 or 108 and you will make torque.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:09 PM
SEB
TECH Fanatic

Drop that cam down to a 106 or 108 and you will make torque.

Can it be tuned with a AUTO. Also how reliable on the street will the cam be & will I be able to run 93 octane....

I heard from Daniel that it is extremelly hard to tune a 110 lobe Sep on a Auto & with the cam specs we are using at 648-652 duration a over 650 lift. I can only imagine a 108

That explain the low TQ on my last setup. I did 388 RWHP & 349 RWTQ on the old setup....

I am going to shoot for a 110 Lobe Sep & see if Scott can tune the car with my Big *** stall. I don't want the car to be hunting for the idle the whole time & that is Daniels biggest concern with a 110 Lobe Sep. He said he could put that in my car. But It would be ok for a little bit & as the weather changed it would eventually start to Hunt for the idle.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:21 AM
Banned

Can it be tuned with a AUTO. Also how reliable on the street will the cam be & will I be able to run 93 octane....

I heard from Daniel that it is extremelly hard to tune a 110 lobe Sep on a Auto & with the cam specs we are using at 648-652 duration a over 650 lift. I can only imagine a 108

That explain the low TQ on my last setup. I did 388 RWHP & 349 RWTQ on the old setup....

I am going to shoot for a 110 Lobe Sep & see if Scott can tune the car with my Big *** stall. I don't want the car to be hunting for the idle the whole time & that is Daniels biggest concern with a 110 Lobe Sep. He said he could put that in my car. But It would be ok for a little bit & as the weather changed it would eventually start to Hunt for the idle.
Its only as hard as the tuner knows how to work with it. Ive got a 110 lsa with no advance going in this weekend. An old tuner will be tuning it for me to make her idle and have excellent driveabilty. Thats what he cares about most. Making the untameable tame again. Sux2BU's car was just tuned by him. I rode in it last night. It droves sweeeeeet. Ill let you know how it turns out. If its anything like the cars he used to build that still run around here, he will have no issues with it. The only hold back will be the stall might be too small. I believe its a TCI 3500.

If you changed that cam you have there to a 108 or 110 you'd better know how to check your piston to valve clearance before firing it off. Its not hard with a dial indicator on a pushrod and a degree wheel...takes about 5 minutes on an engine stand.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:59 AM
SEB
TECH Fanatic

Its only as hard as the tuner knows how to work with it. Ive got a 110 lsa with no advance going in this weekend. An old tuner will be tuning it for me to make her idle and have excellent driveabilty. Thats what he cares about most. Making the untameable tame again. Sux2BU's car was just tuned by him. I rode in it last night. It droves sweeeeeet. Ill let you know how it turns out. If its anything like the cars he used to build that still run around here, he will have no issues with it. The only hold back will be the stall might be too small. I believe its a TCI 3500.

If you changed that cam you have there to a 108 or 110 you'd better know how to check your piston to valve clearance before firing it off. Its not hard with a dial indicator on a pushrod and a degree wheel...takes about 5 minutes on an engine stand.

The Short Block is down at HK in Houstons being rebuilt as we speak. I don't know what is taking so long. But I am ok with it now. I went ahead & took advantage of the extra time & going to put the TFS heads on this motor. I think I will go with the 215s. The pistons in the shortblock are being Flycut for the big cam. I had Forged Pistons & Forged Rods & Arp Bolts put in the bottom end. I had the bottom end done right so I can spray the car when I get the money to put in a Seperate Fuel System for the Nitrous & a Rearend & a T350 trans.....

On my old setup. the tune was good till it got colder & then the cam starting huntinig for the idle. Of course I had been racing & driving the car for a year before the tune got to where the car would hunt. Scott is tuning my car at Simple Quick Racing
Old 05-24-2007, 11:06 AM
Banned

The Short Block is down at HK in Houstons being rebuilt as we speak. I don't know what is taking so long. But I am ok with it now. I went ahead & took advantage of the extra time & going to put the TFS heads on this motor. I think I will go with the 215s. The pistons in the shortblock are being Flycut for the big cam. I had Forged Pistons & Forged Rods & Arp Bolts put in the bottom end. I had the bottom end done right so I can spray the car when I get the money to put in a Seperate Fuel System for the Nitrous & a Rearend & a T350 trans.....

On my old setup. the tune was good till it got colder & then the cam starting huntinig for the idle. Of course I had been racing & driving the car for a year before the tune got to where the car would hunt. Scott is tuning my car at Simple Quick Racing
I have faith in Scott and Michelob Ultra that says he can get her done. My problem is time with this car we've got this weekend. Mike's got it for 1 week. The customers relatives are in town from England so they are hanging out at the house. Mike's gotta do what hes gotta do to it and then Chris Marsh lives close by so we can keep an eye on the car and he can get to us right away. I cant have it not ready for us to deliver back to the customer b/c of scheduling it to get in with Daniel and Scott. They are toooooo busy right now on tunes so we will take it to him to let him spend a full week on driving it and getting driveabilty down.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:15 AM
SEB
TECH Fanatic

I have faith in Scott and Michelob Ultra that says he can get her done. My problem is time with this car we've got this weekend. Mike's got it for 1 week. The customers relatives are in town from England so they are hanging out at the house. Mike's gotta do what hes gotta do to it and then Chris Marsh lives close by so we can keep an eye on the car and he can get to us right away. I cant have it not ready for us to deliver back to the customer b/c of scheduling it to get in with Daniel and Scott. They are toooooo busy right now on tunes so we will take it to him to let him spend a full week on driving it and getting driveabilty down.

What are you doing to this car? What are the cam specs. I haven't been to Simple Quick in at least 2 months. Last I heard my car had about a inch of dust on it. So Scott is going to tune the car you guy are building? I have heard he is one of the best tuners here in the DFW Metro Plex. But he is so busy with Tunes & his job. That he is backed up pretty bad from what I hear.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:30 PM
Banned

What are you doing to this car? What are the cam specs. I haven't been to Simple Quick in at least 2 months. Last I heard my car had about a inch of dust on it. So Scott is going to tune the car you guy are building? I have heard he is one of the best tuners here in the DFW Metro Plex. But he is so busy with Tunes & his job. That he is backed up pretty bad from what I hear.
Cant release specs...Its custom to this persons car and its over .600 lift. Cut on a 110lsa. Its nothing thats gonna break records in this car simply because its on a catted y-pipe setup from a not so good shop. The y-pipes they mass produce are junk and cheap. Thats all I will say. Its a daily so the stall will be too tight for max effort but will still be a strong runner at the track. It should be a solid 11 sec cam only daily for him. Yes your car is dusty. but at least all four tires are holding air for now. We were up there last Friday evening messing with a turbo mustang. It ran into a brick wall with his small tube headers at 850rwhp. The same Yellow stang you should have seen at the track on sunday running NT.

Scott wont be tuning this car because of time constraints. Chris Marsh will be.

Quick Reply: TrickFlow 205 Heads or 215 Heads