Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

ETP Canted Valve Heads and Billet Intake

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 04:46 PM
Outlaw 10.5 Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ETP Canted Valve Heads and Billet Intake

Here are a few pics of my heads and intake. I have only been to the track once so far and I can say this combo really moves some serious air. Last year at Idle the turbo would spin but slowly and this year it will about suck your hand in! The converter is alot tighter but the boost still comes in well. There are many more pics but they will be in GMHTP soon along with the complete LSX engine build up.

I like the pic of the patriot gold spring next to mine!! The ETP intake and heads are both works of art and have thus far proven to work as good as they look. I also have a set of ETP's new valve covers which did not require ANY rework to clear the massive valvetrain. I have many updates to post about this build and will do so shortly but I want to get this thing a sorted out and running to its ful potential over the next couple weeks.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:02 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Amazing!

When I first saw the spring picture I just laughed. Those are some serious springs you've got there. What are the specs on them?
Old 09-16-2007, 05:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Friggin nice. ETP CV's, only way to go. And their intake is sweet too.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:16 PM
On The Tree

eye candy..nice. keep us posted.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice mughsot of Cary

http://www.stenodperformance.com/gal...001/img024.jpg
Old 09-17-2007, 05:35 PM
Outlaw 10.5 Director

A little video footage compliments of H-Factor Productions:

http://www.stenodperformance.com/vid...emphistest.wmv

Tom

Last edited by FSTR-THANU; 09-17-2007 at 09:31 PM.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Will the ETP billet intake work with the ETP CV heads.....on the LSX tall deck block?
Old 09-17-2007, 10:01 PM
Collections Hold

Default etp

yes,

We can make them fit anything. They are all designed on the tube and custom built.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:39 AM
TECH Addict

So thats what Cary looks like!
Old 09-18-2007, 08:36 AM
Outlaw 10.5 Director

Originally Posted by beardWS6
So thats what Cary looks like!

Uh Ohh. Now Carey is in trouble.

Tom
Old 09-18-2007, 11:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, that's sick!

And those valve springs have some size to them!
Old 09-18-2007, 05:15 PM
TECH Resident

Very nice looking setup . On my next build I will look into those parts. Ive always had a thing for rear facing intakes and huge turbos.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FSTR-THANU
A little video footage compliments of H-Factor Productions:

http://www.stenodperformance.com/vid...emphistest.wmv

Tom

not working . . .
Old 09-18-2007, 08:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That is an absolutely killer looking set-up... You should be proud. And I have a few questions, but I understand if you don't want to answer them. <(Proprietary information)

I read somewhere that you spin this thing to 9000 RPM... Is that necessary for a turbo engine of this nature? It's gotta be murder on the valve train and if you are still making power at that RPM, the cam must be huge... My thinking is if they heads flow as much as I know they do, why such a big cam and high RPM? Thanks is in advance for any part of this question that you can answer. And again congrats on your project.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Those are my dream heads, lol. Man that is so beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-18-2007, 09:37 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Originally Posted by LSmonster
That is an absolutely killer looking set-up... You should be proud. And I have a few questions, but I understand if you don't want to answer them. <(Proprietary information)

I read somewhere that you spin this thing to 9000 RPM... Is that necessary for a turbo engine of this nature? It's gotta be murder on the valve train and if you are still making power at that RPM, the cam must be huge... My thinking is if they heads flow as much as I know they do, why such a big cam and high RPM? Thanks is in advance for any part of this question that you can answer. And again congrats on your project.
It's a drag car. 398ci it's obviously either a stock stroke or destroked crank. It's designed to rev high. It's pretty clear that it's working. The only thing I'd be worried about is back pressure at that high of a RPM, but it seems they have it figured out pretty well.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
It's a drag car. 398ci it's obviously either a stock stroke or destroked crank. It's designed to rev high. It's pretty clear that it's working. The only thing I'd be worried about is back pressure at that high of a RPM, but it seems they have it figured out pretty well.

I understand it's a drag car... I also understand it was "designed to rev high" But that doesn't answer the questions that I asked. And I'm not saying it doesn't "work." I'm just asking for the "reason" behind the decision to build it that way... I'm just curious, that's all...
Old 09-18-2007, 11:52 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Originally Posted by LSmonster
I understand it's a drag car... I also understand it was "designed to rev high" But that doesn't answer the questions that I asked. And I'm not saying it doesn't "work." I'm just asking for the "reason" behind the decision to build it that way... I'm just curious, that's all...
They are taking advantage of the huge flow of the heads. The heads continue to gain all the way up till .900 lift. The more air you can cram into an engine the more power.

It's simple really. All it breaks down to is RPM = Power. As long as everything can keep up flow and stability wise you'll make more power. More power + hooking it = quicker ETs.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
They are taking advantage of the huge flow of the heads. The heads continue to gain all the way up till .900 lift. The more air you can cram into an engine the more power.

It's simple really. All it breaks down to is RPM = Power. As long as everything can keep up flow and stability wise you'll make more power. More power + hooking it = quicker ETs.
True... But that's just more fundamental HP stuff. I would like to hear from the "builder" if at all possible. I already know all about the heads, I talk to the folks a E/T all the time.

I've been contemplating using a set of these heads on a "similar" project of mine, but I'm going a different route. Not better, just different... The set-up I have in my head is clear... I just want to understand the way they came about their set-up... If they can say without compromising their hard and very successful work.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:08 PM
Outlaw 10.5 Director

I guess I am curious who you are and where you are from?? As I am sure you already know there are many factors in considering RPM but I can start with the fact that I am limited to a 29.5" tire and a 3.42 rear gear. With track results and last years lessons learned we were able to calculate the required RPM to meet my ET and MPH goals. From there we began picking the necessary pieces of the puzzel to achieve those goals.

Tom

Quick Reply: ETP Canted Valve Heads and Billet Intake