Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Do LSX blocks come with..........

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 03:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Do LSX blocks come with..........

I know the LSX block comes with its own Cam retainer plate, but does it come the front timing cover?

What are guys receiving with this block as far as stuff like that?

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 03-04-2008, 03:42 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Lsx blocks come with :cam retianer,cam bearings, and lifter guides specific to the lsx block,screw in waterplugs and a rear cover only.Hope that helps.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:05 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by supersub
Lsx blocks come with :cam retianer,cam bearings, and lifter guides specific to the lsx block,screw in waterplugs and a rear cover only.Hope that helps.
What he said.....

Many choices for the front of the engine.

LS1
LS2
LS7
Jesel Belt Drive
etc.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:18 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The LS1 front cover will make for another problem with what you'll do wth the cam sensor. If you're wanting to save some money I'd go with the standard GM LS2 front cover setup!

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 03-04-2008, 05:04 PM
TECH Regular

I heard the LSX were cracking near the mains, but GM doesnt want anyone to know that... so that might be another thing it comes with. And I think it would be crazy to ever see one with 2500HP like they claim.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:45 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Bandit28
I heard the LSX were cracking near the mains, but GM doesnt want anyone to know that... so that might be another thing it comes with. And I think it would be crazy to ever see one with 2500HP like they claim.
Your information is incorrect. Now that is a new one. I have heard all the rumors, but when I dig in to find out the truth it's always someone knows someone whos buddy knows someone who heard....
There have been less than 4 with machining or casting issues. Like I said earlier the reason production was halted was to make some adjustments on the tooling. Any and all blocks with the defect caused by the tooling issue were rejected during intial inspection.

Brian Thomson had one on the dyno last week with over 2000 horsepower. If you want to build one with more than that you should not have any problems if you rely on a competiant builder

Robin
Old 03-04-2008, 05:49 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And of course, you have irrefutable evidence of what you say. And as a matter of fact, you are gonna share it with the world so we can all know too.

I'll keep checking back for your next post with said evidence. Otherwise, ban hammer
Old 03-04-2008, 09:34 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Old 03-04-2008, 09:53 PM
Banned

And people like you are how stupid ******* rumors get started.

If you don't know, don't say anything.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:55 PM
TECH Addict

I heard the blocks were puking out the threads at the main caps........**rumor starting**
Old 03-04-2008, 10:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

I hear theres a small midget that lives inside LSx blocks and pre-lubes before startup.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1BadAction
I hear theres a small midget that lives inside LSx blocks and pre-lubes before startup.
Hey, I know that guy...
Old 03-05-2008, 03:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by supersub

Thanks! So I guess my next purchase is the LS2 timing cover and extension harness from Katech.

What about oil pans? The motor is going into an F-body. Do I need an LS2 oil pan or will an LS1 oil pan work?

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 03-05-2008, 03:21 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FRDnemesis
Thanks! So I guess my next purchase is the LS2 timing cover and extension harness from Katech.

What about oil pans? The motor is going into an F-body. Do I need an LS2 oil pan or will an LS1 oil pan work?

Thanks,
Jeff
Your LS1 pan and related parts will transfer over! We've got the timing cover and extension harnesses in stock. Let me know if I can help!

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 03-05-2008, 09:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Matt@Texas-Speed
Your LS1 pan and related parts will transfer over! We've got the timing cover and extension harnesses in stock. Let me know if I can help!

Thanks Matt, I'll check the site.

Jeff
Old 03-17-2008, 01:36 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Robin L
Your information is incorrect. Now that is a new one. I have heard all the rumors, but when I dig in to find out the truth it's always someone knows someone whos buddy knows someone who heard....
There have been less than 4 with machining or casting issues. Like I said earlier the reason production was halted was to make some adjustments on the tooling. Any and all blocks with the defect caused by the tooling issue were rejected during intial inspection.

Brian Thomson had one on the dyno last week with over 2000 horsepower. If you want to build one with more than that you should not have any problems if you rely on a competiant builder

Robin
So in no time it should be cracking the cheap chinese cast iron, and this is coming from a very reliable source.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

So in no time it should be cracking the cheap chinese cast iron, and this is coming from a very reliable source.
hey if you dont like it go put together a 2000hp honduh.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:49 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Get a new source......because the one you have isn't working

Robin
Old 03-17-2008, 02:03 PM
On The Tree

I heard that Chuck Norris could break an LSX block from the mains to the lifter valley with a couple of well placed kicks.