Generation V Internal Engine 2013-20xx LT1

New LT1 for 2014 6.2l alum block

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 02:09 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Bell
Regardless if anybody here believed he is or is not affiliated with GM...

Regardless if anybody liked or disliked his mannerism and how he worded things....

He did bring to us an awful lot of previously unknown information and details from a engineer's point of view.

As it's been asked above, how can anyone explain the amount of knowledge he had about the GenV engines?

I for one do believe that he's in some way involved with and privy to what has been a project under wraps.

Now he's gone.

Thanks guys!
you and i have been on this site almost the same amount of time. how many have coe and gone?

like i said, weve had a good hand full of important and knowledgeable figures from GM here helping us in anyway they could while answering any questions they could. ALL of them told us who they were right off the bat. Robin and Settlemire being of the most interesting people.

bg could be exactly who he says he is or he could just be a knowledgeable person. if IF he is exactly who he has said he is then apologies are in order but, theres always been doubt in quite a few of us because of those who have come and gone. its just a crap situation all around because we just dont really know =/.

Last edited by Wnts2Go10O; 01-08-2013 at 02:28 AM.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 427zm
Thanks Dude, besides who the heck runs a name of Cobra4B on an LS forum? Cobras are on the other side Holmes.
I had a '97 mustang Cobra when I was in high school and joined most internet forums. I didn't feel like having different handles for different boards and didn't bother changing it. I've had four C5 Corvettes, my parents have had two, and I'm currently putting a LS1 in a Panoz racecar. I think I have enough LSX experience to frequent this forum no matter what handle I choose to go by.

I fail to understand why you guys want information from an unverifiable source who just doesn't come off "right"?

A brief timeline for those who want to blame me for ruining their party:

1. I read this thread, Big Gunz posts unlike any company rep I've ever seen. I'm suspect of the source.

2. I ask a question about the suspension, forced induction, and if English was his 2nd language (in a respectful manner). I fully expected him to be a foreign-born engineer. I challenge any of you go re-read his posts. If you think that he uses normal grammar and sentence structure then I'm not sure what to tell you. I know my English teachers over the years would cringe at most of it.

3. In response to me asking if English was his 2nd language he went off on me. No actual company rep would do that.

4. Given my initial suspicion about the source, his personal attacks motivated me to reach out to someone I knew to see if I could get verification.

5. Source comes back stating that they looked into the matter (this thread etc.) and that Mr. Gunz doesn't work for GM in nor his he affiliated with the company in any matter.

6. I relay that on here, I'm asked for proof, I provide it.

7. Mr. Gunz writes another insulting and ranting post and runs off into the hills.

Anyone reading this should take a step back and look at the bigger picture. The guy is a troll. Blowing up and giving the "Oh I could have told you so much more, but now I'm taking my ball and going home" response is typical in these types of situations.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:11 AM
12 Second Club

if you didn't like it, why come back then??

why couldn't you let us make that decision for ourselves?

are you chinese?
Old 01-08-2013, 07:47 AM

I THINK THE REAL "TROLL" HERE IS "Cobra4B".
We really had something good going on here until this butt hurt "Cobra4B" came along. And then he just had to waste 3+ pages 100+ posts with his drama and BS. GROW THE **** UP *******. SERIOUSLY.
As for Bigg Gunz insulting you I hope that involved him shoving his boot so far up your *** he kicked your teeth out.

Sincerely your somewhat pissed off fellow LS1TECH member,
AllGoodNamesTaken
Old 01-08-2013, 07:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

I'll decide if he's real when my free LT1 shows up
Old 01-08-2013, 08:00 AM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

Looking at the facts, Cobra did bring up some good points and questions. I only wish that all parties would have been more adult and this thread would still be going as a great source of inside information.

Let's all stop with the name calling and finger pointing and hopefully, this thread will get back on track.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:05 AM
12 Second Club

we were patiently waiting a new wave of info when the vette was debuted. cobra should've waited at that point to see what we get if he was so doubtful.

i just don't understand how that marketing manager would decrypt bigggunz's alias

ive been in corporate environment long enough to see how this could happen. cobra brings it up to a marketing manager. this marketing manager starts showing thread to his colleagues the word starts circulating eventually getting to BGs group. His boss gets a bit scared because this project wasn't supposed to have so much visibility and before it turns into a big ****-storm they kill the whole thing and leverage it on the point that BG insulted someone. done deal

Last edited by disc0monkey; 01-08-2013 at 08:15 AM.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:34 AM
On The Tree

Regardless if anybody here believed he is or is not affiliated with GM...

Regardless if anybody liked or disliked his mannerism and how he worded things....

He did bring to us an awful lot of previously unknown information and details from a engineer's point of view.

As it's been asked above, how can anyone explain the amount of knowledge he had about the GenV engines?

I for one do believe that he's in some way involved with and privy to what has been a project under wraps.

Now he's gone.

Thanks guys!
Personally, I don't care if Big Gunz works directly for GM, or is a consultant, or possibly works for an outside supplier, but I'll take his word for it.

The information Big Gunz provided was interesting... and I found it to be of value.

I hope Big Gunz will reconsider returning to LS1Tech.

That's why we are here to exchange information and ideas.

Thanks Big Gunz,

Trumper
Old 01-08-2013, 08:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by disc0monkey
if you didn't like it, why come back then??

why couldn't you let us make that decision for ourselves?

are you chinese?
I wasn't planning on coming back... then Mr. Charles responded to my original message stating that Mr. Gunz was a farce. I felt that information was important enough to share given the exposure this thread is getting on various forums.

No... I am not Chinese. I traced my ancestry last year and turns out my father's side is Dutch/German and my mother's side is American mutt.

Originally Posted by AllGoodNamesTaken
I THINK THE REAL "TROLL" HERE IS "Cobra4B".
We really had something good going on here until this butt hurt "Cobra4B" came along. And then he just had to waste 3+ pages 100+ posts with his drama and BS. GROW THE **** UP *******. SERIOUSLY.
As for Bigg Gunz insulting you I hope that involved him shoving his boot so far up your *** he kicked your teeth out.

Sincerely your somewhat pissed off fellow LS1TECH member,
AllGoodNamesTaken
You can search my posts... been around here a long time. What makes you think "we really had something good" if you can't verify the source? Anything of substance that GM doesn't want out there would get deleted instantly. There have been some leaks and planned leaks in the C7 area of CorvetteForum and a the things that stay are what GM allows to stay.

Looking at the facts, Cobra did bring up some good points and questions. I only wish that all parties would have been more adult and this thread would still be going as a great source of inside information.
More adult? I ask the guy a few questions and he responds like a complete *******. I question his background, am told he's not affiliated with GM and then share it here... instead of validating who/what he is, he rants at me yet again and runs for the hills.

Here's my original post for all to read... this is what set him off... https://ls1tech.com/forums/16936758-post311.html

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
Bigg_Gunz,

Multiple times in this thread you've referred to how good the LS3 is/was and how much this new engine improves on it.

As a road racer I don't care how much power it makes or how much technology it has if it can't live more than a few laps without thousands of dollars in oiling system upgrades.

Anecdotal evidence shows the LS1/LS6 platform to be far more robust to the trackday/road racing environment than the LS2/3/7/9 (My LS6 had 123,xxx miles on it before a lifter failed, last 4k all track/race use). I find it quite amusing that GM's first factory dry sump (LS7) has had to have multiple revisions over it's life cycle to band-aid oiling issues. After all of that they still have a horrid reputation for being fragile in comparison to the LS1/6.

The consensus was that the intake port path in the LS3+ heads restricted oil return to the sump. Windage further inhibits oil return, especially in long left handers where oil is pooling in the passenger side head and oil from the crank is being flung on the passenger side lower block wall/pan inhibiting return. Combine the two of these and you have oiling issues in moderately tracked cars.

I've seen that the new LT1 has a variable volume pump (neat), but have there been other changes to further enhance oiling, namely oil return to the sump? Does the new engine have a crank scraper? Restricted flow pushrods? Etc.?

Unrelated... what is your native language? You type as if English is a 2nd language.

Thanks,

Brian

PS - No more superchargers... yes I know one of the CAD files was released showing a blown version, and I'm sure that's why the accessories are passenger side biased in the base LT1, but please have the new brute use turbos for the truly "all-out" version. Obviously all the upgrades to the LT1 (head stud size, materials, deck thicknesses, cast manifolds, etc. etc.) point to forced induction. I mean it sure looks simple to put a pair of turbos on the factory LT1 manifold

EDIT - For those that don't frequent CorvetteForum here's the "Keeks" CAD file showing the blown variant.

His response... insults my family and calls me racist - https://ls1tech.com/forums/16937534-post315.html

Originally Posted by Bigg_Gunz
I work with numbers, NOT cook books like your like kitchen apron wearing Father in Law the (ELECTRIAL ENGINEER). How is the "electrical engineering going for your father in law?" Hmmm...... I understand that Math and Science IQ are higher in Asian and Malaysia than domestically. Maybe that has a lot to do with advance electrical engineering research and development going there for the products you enjoy and love. Bend over?

I know what he is getting at....

Yes I was MADE IN AMERICA, Caucasian parents not that it matters. Math is UNIVERSAL, "english" is not. It must really **** you off when you open a product here domestically and the instructions are in multiple languages. Hmmmm I would think so.... My focus is numbers and only numbers, now pat yourself on the back for stating the obvious. Want a cookie?

No reply needed and your presence will be ignored.

Bigg Gunz,

"The guy who cannot author a book on Advanced Combustion Engineering"
ANYONE WHO RESPONDS TO A CUSTOMER INQUIRY IN THAT MANNER IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH GM

Old 01-08-2013, 09:27 AM
10 Second Club

my guess is big brother will be the 5.5 liter
Old 01-08-2013, 09:38 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by garys 68
I'll decide if he's real when my free LT1 shows up
Old 01-08-2013, 10:02 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Charles is NOT a leader on the C7 development or team. Charles is a manager in marketing. Nothing more ....nothing less.

Some professional loser.... by alias CORBA asks a marketing manager if "BIGG GUNZ" works for GM.
The link to the thread was given and your posts, not just your alias, were reviewed and discounted.

And Charles the marketing manager seems like the relevant person to ask considering Bigg_Gunz is offering an inside track for a promotional giveaway on a public forum.

Good morning to you sir

We are going to be giving away a undisclosed amount of these engines complete with ECM of all different output levels later in 2013. If you would like to have a chance at it. PM me your most active email address and I'll enter your name in the database and if your picked. Someone will contact you ask for further information regarding full name and shipping address.

I can honestly tell each and everyone one of you... Performance hasn't nearly peaked if anything these engines are getting more and more powerful.

Bigg Gunz
Wouldn't a marketing manager be exactly the person you would ask to find out if this is legit?

Second, no professional carrying themselves as a representative of a business, of any size, should behave this way. We have many vendors who have been disrespected far worse than Bigg_Gunz and they have been able to hold themselves to a higher class.

I find you grossly pathetic, reaching out to a marketing manager on facebook to try and discredit me. How childish like....All you're doing is polluting the thread with childish antics with a simple "NO" of a marketing manager of all people with ZERO insight or communications to engineers at all. Asking about the alias BIGG GUNZ...#FACT
It has been my experience when someone is introduced to info that in some way exposes a farce they do two things. They insult and they marginalize facts.

If info Bigg_Gunz has provided us is useful insider information that proves to hold true, then we should be happy he helped.

However, I seriously doubt he's here in any official capacity as he claims. And if he was, I would be very surprised if GM would publicly claim anyone who talks like to a customer base list this.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:02 AM
12 Second Club

that's a commie way of thinking. in america if you dont like what someone is saying you leave. you're not forced to be a part of this thread.

you came in here and blew it up
Old 01-08-2013, 10:05 AM
TECH Resident

It's a rational way of thinking. Let me know when you get contacted for that free LT1.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:06 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Golf&GM
It's a rational way of thinking. Let me know when you get contacted for that free LT1.
that's fine, but don't **** it on the rest of us.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:12 AM
TECH Resident

If you can get past that and trust him 100% more power to you. But people who come in and read just parts of this thread should see inconsistencies and judge for themselves. *waits for Bigg_Gunz to sling insults*
Old 01-08-2013, 10:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by disc0monkey
that's a commie way of thinking. in america if you dont like what someone is saying you leave. you're not forced to be a part of this thread.

you came in here and blew it up
No... if I feel I'm being lied to I'm going to investigate a little and relay any relevant feedback. It has nothing to do with not liking what he has to say, it's about verifying the source. Where's the excitement if Mr. Gunz tells us there's a twin turbo 5.5 liter LT-ViperKiller in the works if he's not a credible source?

It's 2013... not one real picture of a C7 has leaked prior to the reveal date. GM has their stuff together regarding the marketing for this car and media security. There not going to let some random person give out any information they don't want you to know... everything is planned... the Jalopnik "leaks", the leaked CAD renderings... all of it. Having a GM employee play an insider giving sensitive information is definitely something I could see them doing in this new age of internet marketing, but they'd never have that person represent the company in the way Mr. Gunz has.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:21 AM
Launching!

Man i see both sides of the argument. The thing that gets me is why would anyone waste hours of their time to discuss things discussed in this thread if it was all bullshit?
That and the detail of things discussed is what still holds me back from deciding if this was a hoax or not.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:45 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Snkebait95
Man i see both sides of the argument. The thing that gets me is why would anyone waste hours of their time to discuss things discussed in this thread if it was all bullshit?
That and the detail of things discussed is what still holds me back from deciding if this was a hoax or not.
Boredom and wanting to feel important come to mind...some people go through great lengths to create an internet persona to make up for their shortcomings in real life. Just watch the MTV show Catfish and look at the great lengths people go to to create entirely false lives.

The IP address Bigg Gunz posts from doesn't seem to line up with anything that can be tied to GM (although I know those can be masked), and his email account that he used to set up this account is a generic Gmail address. Something has never been right with this guy, and his final ranting post in this thread throws him solidly in the troll category in my mind. If he was a troll, he got you guys good. If he can prove his back story, I have no problems eating crow. The burden of proof is on him.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:49 AM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
Something has never been right with this guy, and his final ranting post in this thread throws him solidly in the troll category in my mind. If he was a troll, he got you guys good. If he can prove his back story, I have no problems eating crow. The burden of proof is on him.
Well stated and I agree.

Quick Reply: New LT1 for 2014 6.2l alum block