Generation V Internal Engine 2013-20xx LT1

New LT1 for 2014 6.2l alum block

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2012 | 08:46 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by camz28arro
You are on the wrong website buddy. Nobody here is ever going to agree with you that it is in our best interest to have a non-tunable engine. You might have better luck on the prius forum.

What I'm taking from your responses: GM is trying to murder hot rodding. If you want to go faster find another 25 grand for the higher model. Otherwise we will void your warantee, never let you start your car again, and notify the Government and EPA that you are a terrorist trying to kill the environment.
Lack of understanding is your major obstacle. The secondary OS within the self contained ECM will overwrite any changes if compromised. And it will NOT but just in case it will. Upon over writing any tuning/tampering... the HIGH PRESSURE SOLENOID will close allow statistic pressure to build to allow for starting and normal OEM spec performance.

Bigg Gunz
Old 10-26-2012 | 08:52 AM
12 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by camz28arro
You are on the wrong website buddy. Nobody here is ever going to agree with you that it is in our best interest to have a non-tunable engine. You might have better luck on the prius forum.

What I'm taking from your responses: GM is trying to murder hot rodding. If you want to go faster find another 25 grand for the higher model. Otherwise we will void your warantee, never let you start your car again, and notify the Government and EPA that you are a terrorist trying to kill the environment.
Sums it up exactly.

Everyone already knows that if you mod your car and take it to the dealer, your warranty is void. Nobody cares. Nobody should bitch. But on this forum, 95% of the people have tunes on their cars.

BIGG GUNZ point is that they are using a different type of ECM now, and the aftermarket is going to take a little longer to crack it, but the fact is they are using the same type of configuration buildings and datacenters have been using for 5 years. GM is trying to cover their asses for liabilities of people ******* with it, and look like angels to the EPA.

Back on topic, cant wait for topics like:

"will '14 LT1 heads fit on my 94 LT1"?

"can I convert my 96 LT1 to direct injection?"

or craigslist adds that say:

95 LT1 camaro!!! 500hp! direct injection!!! LS6 intake!!! $3000 firm!
Old 10-26-2012 | 09:01 AM
Banned

If you think GM is doing away with Hot Rodding/performance cars. Then someone with that low of an IQ should have a silent presence.

The performance from GM has yet to peak the best is to come.

Bigg Gunz
Old 10-26-2012 | 09:09 AM
Staging Lane

I remember well the fall of 69 when Chevrolet released the BB 450HP LS6 for the Chevelle. The days before $300 stroker cranks and aftermarket aluminum heads by the ton. Now we have a small block that is a light year ahead of that, 450HP/23 miles per gallon! with a 200*camshaft (never with an LS6) and I read some unhappyness. Hmmmm. I would have liked a 4.5 bore space, but I get it. These new LT1 heads will rewrite small block history. The fuel system is where the OEMs need to be for obvious reasons. With the kind of pressure this injector uses only the professionals need even inquire.
Old 10-26-2012 | 10:14 AM
Banned

The official LT1 output numbers are going to impress those that are unhappy here today. GM is completely sure of it.

GM sweeten the deal and over achieved. Use your years of modification experience with the LS1,2,3,4,6,7,9,LSA platform. There is only one reason GM would put combustion coolers, reverse the valves and change the dynamic valve angle. Increase the deck thickness in the block and heads.
The mere shape & contour and flatness of the oil gallery is a clue for this engine true purpose will be going forward. We are entering a new realm of power concerning OEM performance. I hear chatter talk about mandatory performance classes and lots of paperwork with purchases of either 2 vehicles to come.

What is to come is nothing less then amazing an miracle for Gear heads from GM. The other competitor 'SUPER' muscle car and its power box output is now completely insignificant. To gauge the comfort level it is what a 250+ shot is to a LS7 & brutal torque everywhere. You blood thirsty power gear heads can rejoice.

For your ((((SAFETY)))) GM cannot and will NOT allow additional tuning. I've read and read how the aftermarket will hack/force/develop piggy back systems. The only clues you have are the ones that I've been ALLOWED to speak on. The ECM is TAMPER PROOF END OF STORY NO WAY ROUND IT.

GM knows what it is doing they heard the call for more performance/output. It is there and more is coming. I cannot and will not comment further.

I am deactivating this account.

Bigg Gunz someone within GM Advanced Combustion Engineering.
Old 10-26-2012 | 10:47 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ I hope you're right lol. The 605whp Mustang is a nice car. GM needs to step up and create something people FINALLY want to own.

Its sad that I'm more interested in a 1995 Impala SS then any car GM offers today.
Old 10-26-2012 | 11:09 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Bigg_Gunz
The official LT1 output numbers are going to impress those that are unhappy here today. GM is completely sure of it.

GM sweeten the deal and over achieved. Use your years of modification experience with the LS1,2,3,4,6,7,9,LSA platform. There is only one reason GM would put combustion coolers, reverse the valves and change the dynamic valve angle. Increase the deck thickness in the block and heads.
The mere shape & contour and flatness of the oil gallery is a clue for this engine true purpose will be going forward. We are entering a new realm of power concerning OEM performance. I hear chatter talk about mandatory performance classes and lots of paperwork with purchases of either 2 vehicles to come.

What is to come is nothing less then amazing an miracle for Gear heads from GM. The other competitor 'SUPER' muscle car and its power box output is now completely insignificant. To gauge the comfort level it is what a 250+ shot is to a LS7 & brutal torque everywhere. You blood thirsty power gear heads can rejoice.

For your ((((SAFETY)))) GM cannot and will NOT allow additional tuning. I've read and read how the aftermarket will hack/force/develop piggy back systems. The only clues you have are the ones that I've been ALLOWED to speak on. The ECM is TAMPER PROOF END OF STORY NO WAY ROUND IT.

GM knows what it is doing they heard the call for more performance/output. It is there and more is coming. I cannot and will not comment further.

Bigg Gunz someone within GM Advanced Combustion Engineering.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xhv...ene_shortfilms

Guess somebody must have asked the right question.
Old 10-26-2012 | 11:44 AM
12 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

GM is trying to kill hotrodding. Hotrodding is not "buying a $50,000 car and leaving it alone", hotrodding is MODIFYING. PERIOD. If GM is making real efforts to stop people from MODIFYING their cars for performance, then they are TRYING TO KILL HOTRODDING. That doesnt mean bolting on a supercharger and your done, it means pushing the limits and striving for more, much more beyond what the EPA and safety regulations say you should. Clearly, if you work for GM, you are missing the point, and so is GM. Good luck on this flop.

AND ITS NOT TAMPER PROOF NUMB NUTS! ITS TAMPER RESISTANT!
Old 10-26-2012 | 12:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 94 White T/A
Why don't you have a 5.0 if they are so good? I'm not saying they are bad, i want a new BOSS, but you had two ls vehicles, one of them being a new LT truck, for which I'm sure you could've bought a new 5.0 or 6.2, so why didn't you?
Because I needed a truck and I am the first to admit that the aftermarket support for the LSx engines are plentiful and cheap. That's why I picked my truck. If I had my way, I would be rocking a Coyote 5.0L Mustang with the 6M and 4.10 gears.
Old 10-26-2012 | 01:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

The official LT1 output numbers are going to impress those that are unhappy here today. GM is completely sure of it. I hope so.

For your (((()))) GM will try to prevent additional tuning. I've cannot comprehend how the aftermarket will hack/force/develop piggy back systems. The only clues you have are the ones that I've been shown by the head engineers at GM. The ECM is able to be tampered with END OF STORY NO WAY ROUND IT.

GM knows what it is doing they heard the call for more performance/output. It is there and more is coming due to aftermarket upgrades being available shortly. I cannot and will not comment further because I am an idiot.

Bigg Gunz - The Head Janitor within GM Advanced Combustion Engineering.
Awesome, can't wait until someone puts an aftermarket cam in the first vette.
Old 10-26-2012 | 02:07 PM
TECH Resident

My 70 Vette had an LT-1

Al 95 Z28 LT1
Old 10-26-2012 | 03:07 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where? The random rambling about BMW, Cobalt's, CTS etc being able to be tuned/tampered? Complete and utter non sense to the scope of what is being DONE today.

Bigg Gunz
You spewed a bunch of BS about TLS and virtualization making it pretty clear you don't understand either was my point.

It's almost like you don't have any grasp of software security flaws.

Things like this always get beat because of poor coding, design flaws, implantation flaws, and a number of other things.

I hope some of the other things you talked about are legit however.

Last edited by mshadow; 10-26-2012 at 03:14 PM.
Old 10-26-2012 | 08:41 PM
Launching!

I have just wasted 30 minutes trying to make sense about what Big Guns is trying to say. I am too a professional and part of being a professional is to be able to speak to people with higher or lower IQ's than what you think you have. I agree with what other people have posted about Big Guns only being on here for a week and only having 30 posts. Here at LS1TECH we have shared alot of time communicating and researching about our passion...Power,effiency, swapping LS engines into places where it never belonged.etc...Now this guy comes in like some G.M mastermind and tells us that we cant play any more.Then he doesn't back it up with any legit credentials. I think Big Guns knows how to spell some really big words and baffle some of us with B.S that we don't understand. I know I have a hard time making sense of this dual programs virtual stuff. I agree with what everyone is saying about not wanting this LT1.It sounds boring.No cam Lope, no hunting for the right parts,no dropping it into your porche 996 or 69 camaro.
Big deal, you can buy the new 2014 camaro for 45k and drive the new LT1.But you cant play with it. Either this Big Guns guy is a joke or no-one here is gonna want one.

I can see the new LT1tech.com.
Just a bunch of Computer geeks talking about how awesome their ECM's are and telling jokes about how no-one can hack into them.
Old 10-26-2012 | 09:05 PM
On The Tree

^Great post!!
Old 10-26-2012 | 10:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This is a good thread. One of the best in LT's history.
Old 10-26-2012 | 10:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If the new LT's are untunable then youll certainly need Bill Gates or Steve J for tuning. Good luck in the aftermarket. But I dont think GM would do that. Big bugz
Old 10-26-2012 | 10:40 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
So mister safety ****...
We need to be a bit more appreciative and thankful for Bigg_Gunz stepping in here representing GM and offering us all the information he has. He doesn't have to.

I would agree with him, fooling with direct injection can be very dangerous.

I think it's interesting that the separate drive belt for the A/C compressor has been eliminated. And the belt appears to be grooved on both sides.
Old 10-26-2012 | 11:03 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Govament /thread
Old 10-26-2012 | 11:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Lack of understanding is your major obstacle. The secondary OS within the self contained ECM will overwrite any changes if compromised. And it will NOT but just in case it will. Upon over writing any tuning/tampering... the HIGH PRESSURE SOLENOID will close allow statistic pressure to build to allow for starting and normal OEM spec performance.

Bigg Gunz
Lack of meaning comprehension is your major obstacle.

You're on an enthusiast's website where everyone is hell-bent on exacting more performance than the factory gave us in stock configuration. It doesn't matter if you give us a 500 HP Vette(because you're teasing us with optimistic exceptions over the 450 that has been reported) . We want more. An un-tuneable engine is a no-go for many enthusiasts.

You will only be selling to the dentists, lawyers and financial advisers who are finally making over 150K a year and think the car can overcome the bad comb over by buying your car. By the way, this is a shrinking demographic in this economy.

Anther point, you fail to comprehend. What has been said over and over in this thread is that your SAFETY argument is suspect. As many other DI engines have been tuned and they operate under parameters similar to the new LT1 and they do so safely without major casualties. Why is the LT1 so unique that this extra security is needed to keep us from killing ourselves?

You sound very intelligent concerning the operation of the computer operation of the new LT1. Much more intelligent than 99% of the members here. But you're basic lack of understanding of the other criticisms of this un-tuneable engine, makes me think you're simply RETARDED outside of your engineering expertise.
Old 10-27-2012 | 06:53 AM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

As this engine is obviously not based on the LT1 that this section of LS1tech is about, expect the thread to be closed and a new "GenV" forum to be started.

I too am miffed as to why GM would again re-use an engine designation that's been used.

LS3, LS4, LS6, LS7, now LT1 that's already been used twice before.

Quick Reply: New LT1 for 2014 6.2l alum block