Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hello from PA! 87 TA (LS1, T56 swap)

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 09:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Hello from PA! 87 TA (LS1, T56 swap)

Hello everyone! My name is Justin. Ive been lurking for awhile now in preparation for my motor swap on my 87. Ive had the car for almost 5 years now. Its an 87 Trans AM, WS6, Auto. It has a lot of GTA options inside and out. It has a 305 TPI motor and a 700R4 which are BOTH very very tired. Almost giving up the ghost. I have a few 4th gen items already in her. Seats, console, seat belts, shifter...

I just recently purchased a wrecked 99 Camaro from a fellow board member. Ill be swapping in the LS1, 6spd, 12-bolt, and a host of other goodies from the car. As well as a ton of suspension upgrades. Ill post as soon as the swap starts (next week I hope). There will also be a for sale thread as I will be parting the Camaro out when Im through. I really want to make a good swap write-up. Really give the details that are sort of vauge. Like the wiring. I know there are plenty of pin outs and all, but I have yet to see a step by step "ls1 wiring for dummies" write up. Hopefully Ill be able to help a few people out. Anyway, here are some pics of my car. Cardomain lost some of them...somehow...but you get the idea. Thanks for such an awsome site!!

Justin

Old 04-26-2006, 10:33 AM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

the car looks awesome! Where in PA are you?
Old 04-26-2006, 10:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Im right by Coatesville, PA. Sort of near Exton...king of Prussia... About an hour west of Philly. Nice Formula! Wish I could shove GMMG into my budget!
Old 04-26-2006, 11:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome and good luck with the swap, nice lookin ride btw.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:13 AM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by ghettocruiser
Im right by Coatesville, PA. Sort of near Exton...king of Prussia... About an hour west of Philly. Nice Formula! Wish I could shove GMMG into my budget!
Thanks, I'm like 45 minutes from you, I'm south of Quakertown.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the compliments! She's not too bad looking. Unfortunetly, other people are always careless. So she has the usual door dings, highway nicks, and the occastional light undercarrige rust spot. None of which are major. Wouldnt mind some new black paint in the future. The car doesnt owe me a thing though. I put a ton of miles on it over the past 5 years...NONE of them were easy miles either. Never gave me a problem. I figured she deserved a make-over.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:45 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice T/A...My brother is planning on a ls1 swap next year into his 91 camaro...So all the info would help alot...Good Luck with the swap...again Awesome T/A
Old 04-26-2006, 03:41 PM
TECH Veteran

VERY clean classic, knight rider
Old 04-27-2006, 07:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

haha...yeah I get the knight rider all along. I dont mind at all considering it was that show that made me fall in love with the 3rd gen TA. Ive wanted one ever since I can remember.
My dad had an 82. Silver with burgandy interior. T-tops, and the iron duke four banger! I can remember him putting me up on the t-bar part of the roof and taking me to strasburg railroad to watch the trains. Been on a hunt for one ever since. This one sort of fell in my lap. Get this...my GIRLFRIEND talked me into test driving and eventually buying it! She's great sometimes. haha. Ok...enough of the trip down memory lane. Sorry for that little sappy time travel story. hehe. how about a burn out pic to make up for it???

Damn cardomain! They wont make my pics bigger!

Justin
Old 04-27-2006, 07:46 AM
TECH Veteran

sweet pics