Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Stolen 2002 Camaro SS

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 12:24 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

iv thought about hiding a kill switch somewhere in the car.... I will be putting a 2 way pager on mine w/ a 156 DB alarm ringer (not that its anything to steal lol)

blackonblack SS did he just goto the door and open it? I had a pop a lock (Triple A) open mine when i first got the car all you do is slide straight metal somewhere and boom its easy i did it in 5-10 seconds as long as u can do that and u get a car's vin (get a key) poof theres our $10,000 vehicles gone.. thats why im putting the alarm on mine
Old 11-04-2006, 12:24 AM
Has Unresolved Sales In Feedback/12 second club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nakoz
Thanks Adam, just leave some for me, I would punish his *** so badly it would make the Devil proud!

Hey man sorry to hear the bad news, post up the vin and ill see if its been entered into any used car auction computers. I hate ************* that think they can have what is not theirs. Im gonna have to be more careful now, i leave the keys in my car most of the time, but i live in a small hick town so...
Old 11-04-2006, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by Gun5
iv thought about hiding a kill switch somewhere in the car.... I will be putting a 2 way pager on mine w/ a 156 DB alarm ringer (not that its anything to steal lol)

blackonblack SS did he just goto the door and open it? I had a pop a lock (Triple A) open mine when i first got the car all you do is slide straight metal somewhere and boom its easy i did it in 5-10 seconds as long as u can do that and u get a car's vin (get a key) poof theres our $10,000 vehicles gone.. thats why im putting the alarm on mine

These guys must have a key cutter somehow linked to gm's database, i know for fact that you cant just walk into gm and get a key cut, Hmmmm mabe theres someone that works at gm cutting keys for these crooks, or mabe there doing it themselves.
Old 11-04-2006, 12:29 AM
TECH Resident

They get your VIN, go to the dealer and have a key made up for it.
Old 11-04-2006, 01:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I got mine stolen from my apartment complex in Metairie. Black Z28 with silver racing stripes. Sounds like living in an apartment complex in Louisiana just flat out bites, huh?
Old 11-04-2006, 01:41 AM
TECH Junkie

Thanks Adam, just leave some for me, I would punish his *** so badly it would make the Devil proud!
I can't stand people messing with other peoples cars , it should be one of the ten commandments , I wouldnt mess with my worst enemies car. Maybe you'll get something really good out of the wholr ordeal.
Old 11-04-2006, 04:35 AM
On The Tree

i hope the Repo man didnt get it
Old 11-04-2006, 07:26 AM
Launching!

Your right, maybe something good will come of it, but for now, the only thing good I see happening is me kicking that guys ***.

I wish the repo man got it, but fat chance. I am current on all payments and I called every towing company in the area.
Old 11-04-2006, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyThunder17
They get your VIN, go to the dealer and have a key made up for it.

Its not just that simple, you have to provide a copy of the title and a photo id with matching names on both...
Old 11-04-2006, 09:02 PM
Launching!

Guys just an FYI... Its very possible by now that my car has been parted out, please keep an eye out for any new LS1 parts on the market. Here is a list of mods on my car:

Onyx Black 2002 SLP SS Camaro
MTI Lid
B&M Ripper Shifter
AR Torque Thrust II's
315/35 R17 Good year Eagle F1 GS-D3 on 11x17 wheels
TSP 231/237
NX Wet Kit with electronic fuel and NX guages and switch panel
Digital MSD window switch
QTP/LT's and QTP electric cutout
255 Walbro Fuel pump
Spec Stage III,
Moser 12 bolt, 410's, 33 spline axles,
BMR TQ/Arm, Subframes, Lower control arms, Relocation brackets, P/H bar
QA1-Hals Front Shocks and Springs,
SLP center mounted exhaust
42lb injectors
Set of black Oakley Sunglasses
Old 11-04-2006, 09:40 PM
TECH Regular

i hope you find it!
Old 11-04-2006, 10:23 PM
Launching!

Guys just an FYI... Its very possible by now that my car has been parted out, please keep an eye out for any new LS1 parts on the market. Here is a list of mods on my car:

Onyx Black 2002 SLP SS Camaro
MTI Lid
B&M Ripper Shifter
AR Torque Thrust II's
315/35 R17 Good year Eagle F1 GS-D3 on 11x17 wheels
TSP 231/237
NX Wet Kit with electronic fuel and NX guages and switch panel
Digital MSD window switch
QTP/LT's and QTP electric cutout
255 Walbro Fuel pump
Spec Stage III,
Moser 12 bolt, 410's, 33 spline axles,
BMR TQ/Arm, Subframes, Lower control arms, Relocation brackets, P/H bar
QA1-Hals Front Shocks and Springs,
SLP center mounted exhaust
42lb injectors
Set of black Oakley Sunglasses
That ******* sux I see alot of the parts for sale on this forum all the time
Old 11-04-2006, 10:59 PM
TECH Junkie

ill keep an eye out for anyone that seems to have a lot of those parts for sale. i could use most of that stuff , just kiddin, id love to bust whoever is doin this **** to such gorgeous cars.
Old 11-04-2006, 11:45 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by notatruews6
Its not just that simple, you have to provide a copy of the title and a photo id with matching names on both...
Not if one of the scum-bags works at the dealer. I had a friend of mine who had a Corvette stolen from his garage 3-days after he did a major service on his car. When he got the car back from service he noticed his registration was all creased up when he had just renewed it and was perfect before. Turns out someone at the dealership was on the take and would make duplicate keys and give the registration card to the bad guys, who would go to the registered owners address and stake out the place till no one was home. 13 cars where stolen before the cops figured it out and non were ever recovered as they where shipped out of the country before the scammers were busted.
Old 11-05-2006, 12:46 PM
On The Tree

I'm sorry if i seem insensative here. My first question is what kinda alarms were on such a nice car? You have a car that nice and live in an apartment complex? Looking for trouble if you ask me. Are you a super heavy sleeper or something? Idk about you but I'd hear a tow truck that pulled up and took my car away man. If i had to park my car any farther then ear shot it'd make sure it had a good alarm system on it. I'm really sorry about your loss but, you really could take steps to prevent it. I only have a factory alarm on mine so I park it under my bedroom window so when i sleep my head is literally 4 feet from the cars drive door. I'm lucky that my driveway permits that. I also have a yappy jack russel that lets me know if anyone is outside. If I didnt my car would have a secondary alarm system. Sorry about your loss but it coulda been easily prevented. Why wasnt the first upgrade you made a good alarm system? I've seen ones where you cant touch the car without everything making noise. One tip I have for you is to ask your neighbors if they saw anything. Not sure about where you live but my place has people active all hours of the night. They would've naturally thought your super nice sports car was being repoed and not said anything. Ask around.
Old 11-06-2006, 03:08 PM
TECH Regular

I'm curious if there are a rash of sports cars being stolen, or if it's just f bodies and corvettes, do you guys have maitnance done at the dealership ever? What dealership do you use, if it's the same one that may be something you could let the police department know about. Have you gotten a check for your car already? Good luck on getting your car back/starting a new build.
+1 for a viper alarm
Old 11-06-2006, 04:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Um, why has no one mentioned lo jack? (sp?)

when we picked up my friends SS the used car lot tried their best to sell it to him.

Keep us updated man, Id like to know what happens... Im thinking about going this weekend for a new alarm... I live in an apartment.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:00 PM
TECH Regular

i live in a nice place no crime really to speak of. However I am still scared to death of having my car stolen. it freaks me the hell out. I got a brand new bike when i was like 12 and it was stolen and that still pisses me off soo bad to this day.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:08 PM
On The Tree

Worthless pos's. I'm actually gonna be doing the whole gas pump kill switch in my 93' Z. I did it to all my other cars. Most theives are so great at what they are used to doing, that, they forget to think about whatelse could be in there to disable it. ****, if you can't afford that, I'd atleast pulling something off the harness that is detrimental to the ignition system. Good preventative plan and worth having to do every night before you go to sleep or in a mall, etc..
Old 11-06-2006, 05:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

just take the starter with you when you get out of your car jeez....

Quick Reply: Stolen 2002 Camaro SS