LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

QMP aka LS1Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 07:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default QMP aka LS1Motorsports

Is anyone else having trouble with them?

I ordered an LS6 manifold last July, but cancelled when it didn't arrive in 6 weeks and bought from TSP. Strangely, they charged my card the day of the order. I have been trying to get my card credited since then. Now so much time has passed that Visa will not let me challenge the charge and now they say they can't give me my money because they are embroiled in a lawsuit with somebody.

All in all, seems pretty shoddy, but they are a sponsor so I figure someone else much have bought from them.
Old 01-07-2004, 07:51 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,160 Likes on 754 Posts

I would call or email Jonathan Boss over there to get this resolved.
Old 01-07-2004, 09:06 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
I would call or email Jonathan Boss over there to get this resolved.
He is the one of the people I have been talking to.
Old 01-07-2004, 11:30 PM
TECH Junkie

https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls1tech-sponsor-feedback/121688-were-my-money-ls1-motorsports.html

Seems like you aren't the only one with this problem.
Old 01-08-2004, 07:04 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by verbs
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121688
Seems like you aren't the only one with this problem.
Thanks for the pointer Verbs.

BTW, I checked BBB like Rob Raymer said and found nothing ...
Old 01-08-2004, 02:11 PM
10 Second Club

Well, it gets scarier. I called Jonathan to ask where the letter was that he had promised to send (the one mentione by Rob Raymer in that other post) and asked if they would send me something else instead of the manifold. He said they couldn't because they had sent the refund to Card Services International, implying that my problem is now with CSI. Thing is, I kept calling Penny every few weeks and she kept saying she was sorry and she would process my refund immediately. Finally, the towards the end of Nov, Penny said she had tried to credit me but she could't because too much time had elapsed, so I would have to deal with VISA myself. I called VISA and they said too much time had elapsed to dispute the claim. I then called Penny back and explained this and she said I would get a check. Obviously I didn't. However, today Jonathan says that they did issue the credit but CSI didn't pass it on to me.

I was told in August (by Jonathan) that they were having trouble with someone who was tying up their money, but wasn't delivering. That sounded like it was the vendor, SLP, which didn't make sense. Now it appears that is was CSI. However, Jonathan said today that they just found out about the problems with CSI thee weeks ago!!!

I did just get the letter, from Rob, who says they issued the credit on Dec 3 (after I had been asking for it since Aug 29) but CSI didn't return it to me. Soooo ... QMP is clearly taking the position that "it ain't their problem". I suspect they are not on solid legal ground, but what do I know - I'm just a gearhead (with a lighter wallet).
Old 01-08-2004, 02:23 PM
JTM
TECH Regular

That is decent amount of cash, I'd be pissed. What I've learned is people don't really give a crap about money unless its theirs or its coming to them. Alot of people scrounge to buy parts, that really sucks that its been that long and you haven't received your refund. Let us know what happens man.
Old 01-08-2004, 02:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by critter
I did just get the letter, from Rob, who says they issued the credit on Dec 3 (after I had been asking for it since Aug 29) but CSI didn't return it to me. Soooo ... QMP is clearly taking the position that "it ain't their problem". I suspect they are not on solid legal ground, but what do I know - I'm just a gearhead (with a lighter wallet).
Get used to it, that is the typical modus operendi of Rob Raymer. Blame soneone else for all your problems. If he was a decent human being he would have made sure you got your refund, but I can tell you he is not. He has had your cash with no resolution for months and now he washes his hands of the problem, pretty slimy if you ask me. Funny thing is I checked out his credit card story via the link he provided and it was non-existant, however a similar BBB search on him yielded 2 complaints. I am going to run a D&B on both companies, should be interesting.

You will find multiple complaints here about LS1/QMP that have gone unanswered, but it's interesting that he finds the time to promote himself ad-nauseum in the FI section.
Old 01-08-2004, 02:40 PM
Teching In

I never had a problem with them, but that was in 2000 when I got some stuff from them. I hope someone sends this thread to them and we can get a personal explanation from them.

(aaargh! too many "thems"!)

MRK
Old 01-08-2004, 03:28 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Perhaps Rob or Jonathon will see this thread and respond...

Rob or Jonathon, the card processing firm you have been complaining about is this company?

http://www.santabarbara.bbb.org/comm...13000073&code=
Old 01-08-2004, 05:05 PM
On The Tree

That's exactly the company PSJ. Funny how nobody else can find it except you . That's one of the reasons I won't debate this publicly. It turns into a flamefest from people who have nothing to do with the problem, and quite frankly, it's not their business. A prime example is Warbird posting here. He knows NOTHING about me, or what kind of a "human being" I am. For instance, let's say that I just happened to think that Warbird is a worthless, whining baby? It doesn't mean I should post it everytime I see someone mention his name, does it?

The money was refunded, pulled from our account, and never returned to Mr Kreider. That's it, period. We are suing CSI for their practices and the refund of our monies that were never deposited, as apparently many other businesses are doing. It's a bad situation for everyone, but I have no control over it. Trust me, we were taken for over $30,000 and counting! We may NEVER get it back.

Regardless, I will discuss any situation PRIVATELY, but I won't discuss it here.
Old 01-09-2004, 07:35 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Rob Raymer
That's exactly the company PSJ. Funny how nobody else can find it except you .
I eventually stumbled across it. They are listed as Cardservices - one word instead of two.
Originally Posted by Rob Raymer
The money was refunded, pulled from our account, and never returned to Mr Kreider. That's it, period.
Not according to your employees. I called Penny through September, October, and November seeking to have my account credited. Finally, at the end of November she told me she tried and failed because too much time had elapsed. Perhaps you just misunderstood.

I will attempt to e-mail you.
Old 01-09-2004, 03:19 PM
On The Tree

You have email....
Old 02-09-2004, 09:00 AM
10 Second Club

Just an update on this issue ...

About three weeks ago I got an e-mail from Rob Raymer that he said I should convince VISA to credit my account for the for the amount deducted last August. I forwarded it to VISA, but they said they can't consider anything like that unless it is on QMP letter head with Rob Raymer's signature. I have sent two e-mails detailing this to QMP in the last week but have not heard anything yet from QMP.

Keeping my fingers crossed ...
Old 02-09-2004, 04:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

TTT For ya...

Scumbags!
Old 02-10-2004, 07:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Careful Pongo
Useless you want Rob PMing you too! Telling you how stupid you are for letting people know what poor business ethics they practice.
All this after I just added my input about reoccurring problems at LS1 Motorsports.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
FROM MY BUDDY ROB

Obviously, you are an idiot. You don't even realize that YOU are the one that started this whole thing! YOU posted on a thread that was over a month old, and RESOLVED, and NOTHING to do with YOU! Are you too dense to comprehend that?

So, no point in trying to converse with a mentally deficient person. I'll save my typing for someone with an IQ of more than 7.

Now, will you go away?

Next retard please....
LS1 Motorsports
http://www.LS1Motorsports.com
"World's Fastest Forced Induction LS1 F-Body"
9.81 @ 141 - '98 Z28 Single Turbo, 850rwhp, 3940lbs, stock ci
'98 Viper GTS - 510rwhp/542rwtq, 11.18 @ 126 on Radials
'03 Supercharged Harley Truck, 442rwhp/610rwtq, 12.73 @ 106
'98 Firebird Formula - 750rwhp/830rwtq with the stock 124,000 mile engine...."kids...don't try this at home".

I don't think he really means it LOL

Last edited by AmMscl; 02-10-2004 at 07:28 PM.
Old 02-10-2004, 09:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AmMscl
Careful Pongo
Useless you want Rob PMing you too! Telling you how stupid you are for letting people know what poor business ethics they practice.
All this after I just added my input about reoccurring problems at LS1 Motorsports.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
FROM MY BUDDY ROB

Obviously, you are an idiot. You don't even realize that YOU are the one that started this whole thing! YOU posted on a thread that was over a month old, and RESOLVED, and NOTHING to do with YOU! Are you too dense to comprehend that?

So, no point in trying to converse with a mentally deficient person. I'll save my typing for someone with an IQ of more than 7.

Now, will you go away?

Next retard please....
LS1 Motorsports
http://www.LS1Motorsports.com
"World's Fastest Forced Induction LS1 F-Body"
9.81 @ 141 - '98 Z28 Single Turbo, 850rwhp, 3940lbs, stock ci
'98 Viper GTS - 510rwhp/542rwtq, 11.18 @ 126 on Radials
'03 Supercharged Harley Truck, 442rwhp/610rwtq, 12.73 @ 106
'98 Firebird Formula - 750rwhp/830rwtq with the stock 124,000 mile engine...."kids...don't try this at home".

I don't think he really means it LOL
Woah.....
Old 02-12-2004, 11:24 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

This thread is done.

Keep the bandwagoning and gratutitous comments to a mininum. This section is for helping folks resolve transactions that are tardy as the result of a miscommunication, mistake or forgetfullness.

Quick Reply: QMP aka LS1Motorsports