LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

GEN III Performance?????

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 01:27 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default GEN III Performance?????

Has anyone else dealt with GENIII Performance? I placed an order back on the 15th of November for a 383 stroker assembly kit. Scott told me he had all the parts but the pistons, and he ordered those on a customer basis. I ordered a set of 3.904 bore and 10.5cr pistons. These are everyday pistons that every manufacturer currently sells and carries in their inventory. Somehow mine never seem to come in. The kit included a Callies stroker crank, Crower rods, Clevite bearings, and at the time of order CP Pistons, for a reasonable price of $3070 shipped to my door. I think I have been more than patient with this matter, and I have kept in contact on a bi-weekly basis, trying not to be a pain in the *** about this. Scott did knock off the price of shipping ($70) since it was taking so much time. But after one un-answered E-mail, and being told they would be here by now, its a little beyond working this out privately. I want you to cancel my order. I think 2 and half months is more than a reasonable time for a set of pistons to be "Found". I think this reflects poor customer service, if you could not "Find" my original pistons, then you should have ordered another set from either the same or different manufacturer and sent the kit as promised until you "found" the originals. Do not make it my burden to waste my time and cost me money, while waiting for you to get back to me on it. By the way, it cost me money when you didn't get back to me about those piston specs like you promised so the machinist could not complete my heads. So now another month of waiting, storage, and not being completed on time. Please quit wasting my time if your not going to uphold your commitments in providing the services that you are advertising on this board.

Sincerely
Trent Baker

P.S. I have no idea if this was the appropriate place to post this, but being they are a sponsor on your board it should be known that I am currently having problems with them, and have tried to resolve them privately. I feel that it is necessary that others do not end up with the same issues with this sponsor. This board is the only reason I went with this sponsor because they were a paid advertiser.

Last edited by BigBake; 01-31-2004 at 02:37 PM.
Old 01-31-2004, 02:38 PM
Launching!

TTT for another round
Old 02-01-2004, 05:46 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BigBake
Has anyone else dealt with GENIII Performance? I placed an order back on the 15th of November for a 383 stroker assembly kit. Scott told me he had all the parts but the pistons, and he ordered those on a customer basis. I ordered a set of 3.904 bore and 10.5cr pistons. These are everyday pistons that every manufacturer currently sells and carries in their inventory. Somehow mine never seem to come in. The kit included a Callies stroker crank, Crower rods, Clevite bearings, and at the time of order CP Pistons, for a reasonable price of $3070 shipped to my door. I think I have been more than patient with this matter, and I have kept in contact on a bi-weekly basis, trying not to be a pain in the *** about this. Scott did knock off the price of shipping ($70) since it was taking so much time. But after one un-answered E-mail, and being told they would be here by now, its a little beyond working this out privately. I want you to cancel my order. I think 2 and half months is more than a reasonable time for a set of pistons to be "Found". I think this reflects poor customer service, if you could not "Find" my original pistons, then you should have ordered another set from either the same or different manufacturer and sent the kit as promised until you "found" the originals. Do not make it my burden to waste my time and cost me money, while waiting for you to get back to me on it. By the way, it cost me money when you didn't get back to me about those piston specs like you promised so the machinist could not complete my heads. So now another month of waiting, storage, and not being completed on time. Please quit wasting my time if your not going to uphold your commitments in providing the services that you are advertising on this board.

Sincerely
Trent Baker

P.S. I have no idea if this was the appropriate place to post this, but being they are a sponsor on your board it should be known that I am currently having problems with them, and have tried to resolve them privately. I feel that it is necessary that others do not end up with the same issues with this sponsor. This board is the only reason I went with this sponsor because they were a paid advertiser.
Wow,
Trent, we've spoke on the phone several times and you seemed to be bummed but not this upset about the delays. I'm sorry about the extended time, but these are not readily available pistons (.927 pin vs. .947). They are in everyone's catalogs, but they are not shipping them.

You're correct about me not giving the spec's for the pistons, but I didn't have them and was more than a little concerned about giving you spec's until the pistons got to the WD who spec'd them. I had no idea your car was in storage or it was costing money for you to wait. Unless the storage amount is an insane $$$ figure, I'll knock off the amount it's cost you from your order. Even if you choose not to do business with me, I'll definitely do something about the storage cost, within reason.

I am also at a loss about the "Plenty of time to speak out on this product but not enough time to return my E-mails or answer this thread specificly for you". I have no PM about this post, nor am I aware of an unaswered email about it. If you want to cancel the order, I understand. Ironically, the pistons came in Friday and the kit would be ready next Wednesday. I didn't call you Friday because I wasn't in the shop, and didn't have your number with me where I was. Your post shows this thread being established yesterday at around noon, so again, I don't get the not responding thing.

I appreciate you mentioning I dropped the shipping cost, but if you're going to call BS on someone, why not let them know personally before slamming them publicly?

I'll call you Monday (like I mentioned, your number is at work) and tell me what you think is fair. If I can do it, I will, as I agree this has taken way to long. I absolutely understand you're frustration at having to wait this long, but as I told you the day you originally ordered, I wouldn't and haven't charged you credit card, or even taken a deposit until I knew the date.

Again, sorry about the delay and I want to make this good for you. You always seemed very reasonable on the phone, so I hope we can resolve this to your satisfaction.

(BTW, my cell is 760-505-8419 if you want to talk to me before Monday).

Last edited by Scott Turvey; 02-01-2004 at 06:18 AM.
Old 02-01-2004, 08:27 AM
Launching!

I think the largest problem here is lack of communication on your part. I know of only one time that you have called me to inform me of a problem, and that was the night I placed the order. After that one night, it has been me keeping in contact with you. I have the phone bills, and E-mails to prove this point. I the customer shouldn't have to call you to get an update. For example the last time I had talked to you on the phone, you had told me that the pistons were to be there on Wed (21 Jan). Well obviuosly they did not show up, but I didn't call because I knew that shipping can sometimes be a day or two off. But here is what bothers me, no call from you stating that they did not come in. So I sent an E-mail on the Mon (26 Jan) asking if they had come in. No response, and once again it is me contacting you. So I tried calling throughout the week to no avail. So this makes feel like I am being blown off.

You obviuosly have internet capabilty because you are responding up here, thats where the comment came from. I apologize if your E-mail service is not working properly, but you now have two un-answered E-mails from me. But before I jumped the gun I tried calling and once again nobody is there to answer. That to me is poor service if I cannot get in contact with you. So I tried to handle this privately, but as you can see I used my avenues with no results.

The frustration comes from the fact that other kits are out there and are available, and at the time if I had spent the extra $200-$600 I would have had my kit by now and my engine would be completed. I know Lunati and Diamond both make .927 pistons, and they are shipping them now and have been for the past 2 months on a regular basis. I also know they tend to be a little more expensive. But the point is, when I call up Tbyrne and get a quote for the same price as your kit and a shipping date of 7-10 work days straight from the manufacturer, it really bothers me.

Your right this has not incurred a debt to me as far as the parts I have ordered from you. But it has cost me a lot of time. As far as the storage, it wasn't for the car, the car is fine and is being driven. It was the heads that I needed pistons specs for so the machinist could deck them properly. When they are not being worked on any longer and they sit on a shelf for nearly two months, it comes into that abandonement problem. I have not paid for my labor costs because the work has not been completed therfore to keep the heads there at the shop I was going to have to pay for storing the heads until I could get information to complete the job. But I cleared that up yesterday with the guy, and since I am bringing my block in for machining he agreed to wave the storage and even deck the heads for free.

I may have been bummed about the delays but I never had an issue with it, but when I got no feedback for 2 weeks it really irritated me. For the amount of time this transaction has taken, I think the communication should have been better from your end. If the pistons came in Friday then I will gladly take the kit as ordered. I just want my parts to complete my engine.
Old 02-01-2004, 02:12 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BigBake
I think the largest problem here is lack of communication on your part. I know of only one time that you have called me to inform me of a problem, and that was the night I placed the order. After that one night, it has been me keeping in contact with you. I have the phone bills, and E-mails to prove this point. I the customer shouldn't have to call you to get an update. For example the last time I had talked to you on the phone, you had told me that the pistons were to be there on Wed (21 Jan). Well obviuosly they did not show up, but I didn't call because I knew that shipping can sometimes be a day or two off. But here is what bothers me, no call from you stating that they did not come in. So I sent an E-mail on the Mon (26 Jan) asking if they had come in. No response, and once again it is me contacting you. So I tried calling throughout the week to no avail. So this makes feel like I am being blown off.

You obviuosly have internet capabilty because you are responding up here, thats where the comment came from. I apologize if your E-mail service is not working properly, but you now have two un-answered E-mails from me. But before I jumped the gun I tried calling and once again nobody is there to answer. That to me is poor service if I cannot get in contact with you. So I tried to handle this privately, but as you can see I used my avenues with no results.

The frustration comes from the fact that other kits are out there and are available, and at the time if I had spent the extra $200-$600 I would have had my kit by now and my engine would be completed. I know Lunati and Diamond both make .927 pistons, and they are shipping them now and have been for the past 2 months on a regular basis. I also know they tend to be a little more expensive. But the point is, when I call up Tbyrne and get a quote for the same price as your kit and a shipping date of 7-10 work days straight from the manufacturer, it really bothers me.

Your right this has not incurred a debt to me as far as the parts I have ordered from you. But it has cost me a lot of time. As far as the storage, it wasn't for the car, the car is fine and is being driven. It was the heads that I needed pistons specs for so the machinist could deck them properly. When they are not being worked on any longer and they sit on a shelf for nearly two months, it comes into that abandonement problem. I have not paid for my labor costs because the work has not been completed therfore to keep the heads there at the shop I was going to have to pay for storing the heads until I could get information to complete the job. But I cleared that up yesterday with the guy, and since I am bringing my block in for machining he agreed to wave the storage and even deck the heads for free.

I may have been bummed about the delays but I never had an issue with it, but when I got no feedback for 2 weeks it really irritated me. For the amount of time this transaction has taken, I think the communication should have been better from your end. If the pistons came in Friday then I will gladly take the kit as ordered. I just want my parts to complete my engine.
I can't argue with any of your points, nor would I. Your right, it shouldn't be up to you to have to consistently chase me. I won't offer any excuses about getting too busy, every customer should be as important as the next one. My shop email is at the shop, so if I have a second email, I won't see it until Monday. As far as the first one, I honestly don't know if my email bounce dropped it, or what. I'll see Monday.

Can you PM me with your phone number and I'll call you? It's really clear how upset you are and I want to straighten this out ASAP.
Old 02-01-2004, 02:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

yo, bigbake....
i think it was a good idea for you to post your problem. it gives us an idea about there coustomer service. which in this cas with GEN3 PERFORMANCE seems to be good.
im happy to see SCOTT working with you on this and the fact that he did not give ant BS excuses. ive seen a few bad posts about PATRIOT PERFORMANCE and it seems that they allways post a replay that is honest and deffinitly try to help the situation.
good coustomer service is the key to staying in buisness. and it is good to see these companies working to please there coustomers......let us know how everything works out...!
Old 02-01-2004, 03:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,443 Likes on 1,001 Posts

Sometimes issues do occur and seems like Gen III wants to do the right thing. Gen III strikes me as a quality sponsor by wanting to take care of this.
Old 02-01-2004, 03:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with Blackbird, Scott is doing what it takes
Old 02-02-2004, 12:19 AM
Launching!

Thanks guys. The best defense is a good offense, and I blew that by not keeping on top of this all along. Similar to the Jags.

Quick Reply: GEN III Performance?????