LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Futral...What the heck??!! *Resolved*

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 12:27 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Futral...What the heck??!! *Resolved*

Ok heres my deal. After about a month of decided which cam to go with i decide to pick up the FM14. So I ordered it as well as the spring/retainer kit etc from them on the 20th of last month. ($800). i am not putting the cam in myself so I am having a business that it doing my motor swap do it for me at the same time. Last monday, (Dec. 5th) I call them to see why I haven't got a tracking number like i previously asked for and he (I talked to David today, and he said i must have been talking to Blake this whole time) said that he will go write my email on the box and when it ships out later that DAY, (dec. 5th) that he will email me my tracking number. I will tell you that the Friday before, i called to see that everything was good if it had shipped yet etc, and (Blake?) said that they have it and it was coming off the grinder on Monday. So this is when i called Monday for them to send me a tracking number. No tracking number for 2 days. I called again on Wednesday to see whats going on and AGAIN i got the yes its getting shipped out tonight...Keep in mind, that my car is sitting at this business with the new motor out of it, taking up space, waiting, and not to mention, them charging me for the extra over night days of waiting for my cam because there is a line outside the door of people behind me waiting for work. Anyways, still no cam or spring package. I call back today, (Monday, Dec. 12th) and talk to David who tells me, my cam hasn't even ever came yet?!!! So I ask him, well this other guy told me for 3 days that it was there and going to get shipped? and you say that its not even there?? He says, talk to blake on Wednesday or Thursday, (another 2 days) of car sitting and me paying for it. David, then said that the cams have been behind etc etc...And i was like well if this thing comes in during the next day or so can i ship that out overnight/ 2nd day etc? And he was like well its going to cost a little more for ya?? I was not expecting that answer. I figured since i have been lied to multiple times they could at least try to make up for it and get my package here as soon as they told me 3 times it was there and getting shipped...what do i do?
Old 12-12-2005, 02:52 PM
11 Second Club

maybe push the car out of the bay so other cars can get worked on? That cam is worth waiting for......
Old 12-12-2005, 03:55 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by pasbonsimon
maybe push the car out of the bay so other cars can get worked on? That cam is worth waiting for......
Yes, i know its worth waiting for, but on the other hand, i am not pushing my car outside so it can get rained, snowed on and plus i dont want to have it outside overnight anywhere...
Old 12-12-2005, 04:28 PM
TECH Resident

You can tell the good companies from the bad when they drop the ball...
Old 12-12-2005, 07:23 PM
TECH Regular

LS1tech members,

I realize that customer service has been deteriorating at FMS lately, but I can assure you that this will end soon. For those who have posted on this site lately with problems concerning FMS, I have taken care of them as most will attest to. I am currently taking final exams at LSU, but i will be back in office on Wed afternoon. Send me a PM or hit me up at (225) 791-9593. If phones are backed up, continue to PM me as I check LS1tech regularly.
Thanks,
Blake
Old 12-12-2005, 07:34 PM
11 Second Club

What Blake said... and as for calling and nobody answering. 99% of the time it is only Blake and I that answer phones, Blake is only there mon, wed, and fri. I am there everyday, but not until 2pm and later due to school. That means that often if you are to call on a tue or thurs before 2pm nobody will answer. now that school is out for winter break this should change, but please be patient with us folks, we are truely trying as hard as we can to get your stuff to you.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:48 AM
Launching!

Im sorry, but i have been patient, and yes i understand that sometimes things go wrong, but when one person tells me 3 times that my cam is there and will be shipped that day, and then another person tells me they havent even got the cam is when i start to get impatient...
Old 12-13-2005, 10:50 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TRU-2GM
Im sorry, but i have been patient, and yes i understand that sometimes things go wrong, but when one person tells me 3 times that my cam is there and will be shipped that day, and then another person tells me they havent even got the cam is when i start to get impatient...

I completely agree with you, the ball has been dropped. I also understand that you are upset, I would be too.

All I can say is that when you were told these things, the cam was completed and supposed to have been delivered here that Monday morning. Our cam grinding facilities are only right across town. So yes we had your cam completed and should have been shipped out that day, as to why it did not happen is beyond me. So every time you called and talked to a salesperson, they honestly and truely believed that your cam should have been shipped out that day. If we didn't believe it, we would not have told you that. The salesperson's do not have a direct hand in the cam gridning process, we only talk to the customers and place the orders. We can only fight the system so much......and David as well as I are already overstepping the boundaries of limitations provided our positions at FMS. While we desperately want to have every thing go smoothly, we usually have short commings at the fault of other businesses. Causing us to scramble and hustle to make customers happy. (which I do not mind at all)
However, when our names get drug through the mud of someone elses mistakes and faults, it hard to press on.
Regardless, we at FMS are a team and are rapidly working out resolutions in our communication errors. As a team we will overcome these setbacks and again provide the great customer service that we once have. I even venture to say BETTER customer service.
David and I do lose sleep at night worrying about our customers, and we are on your side, trust me.

Wednesday as soon as I enter the office I will handle the situation, even if I have to drive across town and pick up the cam myself.

Sincerely,
Blake , Futral Motorsports
Old 12-13-2005, 10:56 AM
Launching!

Blake, thank you. I will call you tomorrow and hopefully we can figure something out with my order.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:45 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,143 Likes on 743 Posts

Post up when it's been shipped Blake. Thanks for addressing this problem.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:30 AM
TECH Regular

UPS shows that the parts are out for delivery at the moment. Give me a call if you need anything else.

-Blake
Old 12-16-2005, 09:26 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why not just get a cam from someone who has one in stock...there problem solved long ago. There is many cams out there that will get you within 5hp of the Futral FM14 and still have nearly the same idle and driving characteristics.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:07 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by hellbents10
Why not just get a cam from someone who has one in stock...there problem solved long ago. There is many cams out there that will get you within 5hp of the Futral FM14 and still have nearly the same idle and driving characteristics.

Old 12-16-2005, 05:52 PM
TECH Regular

Package delivered and signed for.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:52 PM
11 Second Club

Good ****!
Old 12-16-2005, 08:46 PM
TECH Veteran

I dunno FMS cams are the shiznit
Old 12-18-2005, 01:32 PM
Launching!

sorry i didnt say this sooner. But as soon as Blake from FMS got to work, he drove totally across town to their grinder shops and picked the cam up himself. don't know why it was just sitting there, thats beyond me, but he picked up, in his own car with his own gas money and then proceeded to overnight my parts with money out of his pocket cuz i needed them asap! The parts all got there the next day. This started as a bad deal for me but how everything worked out in the end made up for the mistakes in the beginning. Thanks to FMS! And Blake, I seriously appreciate what you did...
Old 12-18-2005, 01:35 PM
Launching!

I took me a month before i figured out i was going with the FM14. From what i have searched, heard etc its the cam i need and want in my car. Once i have my mind made up im not gonna go with just some other cam that is close because its easier...that just sounds like a half azz way to do crap. "oh well, just give me that one then" thats not for me...
Old 12-19-2005, 09:29 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Goin 10's cam only is not a big deal, you can do it with more then one cam. That may or may not be your goal but....what I am saying is there is a ton of great cams that make great power for these motors. Its not a half *** way of going about, when I have a customer waiting for a car I will get whats in stock or can be to my door shortly. I would be out of business if I had to store cars in my shop and not turn jobs around. I seem to do just fine with power production on many cams. The futral cam may out do the others in the same duration, lift, LSA range but not by enough to make waiting sevral months for a cam. I am glad Futral finnally got it out to you, I hope you enjoy it as they are a top notch company. Just my 2 cents on all of this crazy witch cam is better by 4hp on the dyno craze. I would rather get a cam in the damn car and tune it and go to the track.

Friday for example, guy comes to the shop...wants a cam. Something in the 216 range. He has a 2500HD with a 6.0l, shift kit and my tuning already. Goes high 15's with stock everything and 87oct. I tell him I have a 220/224 572/577 114. I tell him it will work blah blah blah. Put it in and.....he loves it drives like stock with a little tunning. Pulls like mad and shifts at 6400 out of first. Smile from ear to ear. Still tows goood too. He left it at the shop in the morning and picked it up at 5pm tuned and ready to go. Moving 340g/s with factory everything (manifolds, exhaust, air intake, filter). He is happy he did not wait 2 months for a cam that acts just a little bit different.

To each his own.

Quick Reply: Futral...What the heck??!! *Resolved*