LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

thoughts on shops selling Rebuilt Parts as new?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 02:18 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thoughts on shops selling Rebuilt Parts as new?

Ok, here is the scenario. Late 2002, I meet a shop owner and get word there is a huge sale on a Yank 3000 TC, Spohn LCA's, BMR Tubular SFC's installed for about $1100. At the time, I had been working late and had no time or place to work on my car, so I go for it. Of course I had read on here about Yanks and etc. Now about summer of 2005, in the working on my car, I sell the TC in the car and went to a Fuddle at a higher stall. My friend sent the Yank in for a restall, to a local shop, after his trans **** the clutches. He is put in contact with Dave at Yank, who informs him that particular model has been discontinued, and that the TC was originally sold NEW in 2001 (prior to me even having my car or being on this Island). To make it better, it was rebuilt in 2002, as identified by the stamping on the front cover. Of course my buddy drops by to tell me about it, and see if I had known and I didnt. I start thinking, isn't this illegal? Selling parts that are rebuilt w/o notice to the purchaser that they are NOT NEW, but rebuilt? Pisses me off since my buddy is looking at me like I may have been intentionally trying to **** him over by not telling him. I need to find my receipt I guess. Just wanting to know if there isnt some sort of Fair Business Act or something that governs ppl from doing this ****.

Charlie
Old 12-15-2005, 10:03 AM
Restricted User

Anyone?
Old 12-15-2005, 03:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd assume its illegal to knowingly sell used parts as new. It definitely says a TON about the character and level of honesty/trustworthiness of the shop you bought it from.

Shawn
Old 12-15-2005, 04:47 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

Shady or sloppy, it's a problem that will require a conversation with the company that sold you the parts.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:45 PM
Restricted User

Ok, so I am not crazy.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:40 AM
TECH Junkie

what shop was it? they might be able to explain themselves.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:39 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by black01_WS6
what shop was it? they might be able to explain themselves.
Not a sponsor on here, never was either. Its a local thing, and quite frankly, without telling me prior to the sale and installation, there is zero explaination from my perspective.
Old 12-19-2005, 06:14 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by CAT3
He is put in contact with Dave at Yank, who informs him that particular model has been discontinued, and that the TC was originally sold NEW in 2001 (prior to me even having my car or being on this Island). To make it better, it was rebuilt in 2002, as identified by the stamping on the front cover.

Of course my buddy drops by to tell me about it, and see if I had known and I didnt. I start thinking, isn't this illegal? Selling parts that are rebuilt w/o notice to the purchaser that they are NOT NEW, but rebuilt?

Pisses me off since my buddy is looking at me like I may have been intentionally trying to **** him over by not telling him.
Charlie
Yeah Dave at Yank also told me they didn't even have the parts to fix the 3000. Dave however hooked me up on a new SS3600 and overnight delivery. Awesome deal and great service from him. Got my car fiinshed up the next day and rebuilt trans put back in thanks to the fast shipping of Yank.

Oh, and Charlie I know you weren't trying to dick me over bro......just thought you should know what the deal was with the convertor you bought and paid for as a "new" product

Quick Reply: thoughts on shops selling Rebuilt Parts as new?