LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Combination Motorsports WARNING!! - RESOLVED

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 04:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont understand why all these people are jumping in here that have nothing to do with the transaction.If this was the Slp or some of the older threads that have been around half of these posts would be deleted.Those that have been around this site for awhile know the threads I'm talking about.

I'm local to Combo and could careless what happens either way.I unsterstand both sides of the fence and hopefully in the end it'll work out for both parties involved.All of the basically bashing of the poster is rediculous.
Old 03-24-2006, 05:50 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,109 Likes on 727 Posts

Is there any email or invoice copy that shows that the rearend was ordered wrong, or was it all verbal? Buyer, are you being honest and are telling the truth or ????

Also, did this guy buy $12,000 of stuff from the shop or ????
Old 03-24-2006, 10:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

someone needs to step up and give this guy a new rearend. i know its hard to do the right thing when someone makes you mad. but remember this "the customer is always right". if you can even break even on the deal. ****, swap it out! if he spent 12,000 theres has got to be enough profit there to make this good.
i had ordered some injectors from a sponsor in NY. he sent me injectors for a f-body. i told him i had a truck. he said i didn't tell him what they were for. so i asked him when someone calls and orders a motor do you enee, menee, mynee, MO? or spin the bottle? or draw straws? it took me a long time to get them injectors. but that sponsor did the right thing and took care of his customer. i didn't even know there was a sponsor feedback till that day.

anyways not that it matters what i think. i think you guys should at the least split the solution.
p.s. i know my grammer isn't the best but, fu-k it!
Old 03-24-2006, 10:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Is there any email or invoice copy that shows that the rearend was ordered wrong, or was it all verbal? Buyer, are you being honest and are telling the truth or ????

I bought a 408 outlaw iron block along with the 12 bolt, AFR heads, BMR suspension and some miscellaneous parts, etc. The order for the 12 bolt was all verbal. I am a stand up guy and I just want the 12 bolt I ordered!
Old 03-24-2006, 11:04 PM
TECH Veteran

I think you guys should split it IMO. $250 each.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:36 PM
Launching!

Why don't the shop take the wrong rear back and send him the rear he wants? They should be able to sale the wrong rear to someone who needs it. Without the customer you would not have a business. So why not make the customer happy?

Kcfan I hope everthing works out for you.
Old 03-25-2006, 09:18 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Kiss_My_99SS
Why don't the shop take the wrong rear back and send him the rear he wants? They should be able to sale the wrong rear to someone who needs it. Without the customer you would not have a business. So why not make the customer happy?

Kcfan I hope everthing works out for you.
Have any of you guy's thought there might be more to this than what is posted? I do.
You do not call a shop and act like a ***** to an employee right off the bat.Attitudes go a long way.
I have a feeling this is not about the right rear anymore,it's about how it is handled,this post definitely does not help at all. I'm lucky enough to know CMS's side of the story,100% of it.They would not lie to me.

Now this $12000. Yes its alot of $$ but do you think they put $12k in there pocket? They only make a small % of that,so stop thinking they got rich off you and they could easilly afford to just send you another rear on them.
At the beggining of the post you wanted them to get you a whole new rear and thats it!They offered to send it back and work with you on that but you didn't want it. Too bad
Old 03-25-2006, 11:20 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First off a non traction control 12 bolt has a hole on top for the sensor to go in and the traction control rear does not. It will work but naturally with no sensor the ABS will not.

The only question here is whether or not kcfan said he had a traction control button or not. I put the blame 50/50 on this, if the person taking the order KNEW the guy ordering the parts didnt have a clue then more questions should have been asked, right down to crawling under the car and looking if it had wheel sensors or not. Especially on a PITA item to ship like a 12 bolt rear.

But OTOH in the confusion kcfan MAY have yes or no to a traction control button or just made a mistake. Since there is no recording of the conversation who knows. Either way the guy spent good money and all the guy wants is the right part for his car.

I'm a little confused why Moser just doesnt swap rears and you guys split the freight, I realize its five months old but its still new and crated (I assume). I have had Moser send rears that had reluctors on the axles and an ABS sensor hole on top and reluctor on the ring gear, had the wrong covers, had a 1350 yoke when I specified 1310 etc so whats the big deal if the rear is unused.

Seems like both parties are just stubborn
Old 03-25-2006, 12:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

^^^^ I totally agree
Old 03-25-2006, 01:14 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

I agree with KP.

Facts:
-KC spent $12K with Comb.
-The order is screwed up.
-5 months have passed.

At this point splitting this would be great, would show that both sides want to get it rectified. I know most of the time I have been clear when I have ordered stuff, but hey I'm not perfect either. I can easily see how something like this can happen.

I hope you guys can figure out something and move forward, there should not be any bruised egos it just an honest mistake at some point almost a half year ago.
Old 03-25-2006, 11:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Not that this is any of my business, but I just wanted to let everyone know how the judge will see this if it goes to court. KC placed and order, goods that were sent are considered a breech and a counter offer. In the laws eyes, KC has to either return the goods or advise that he is not accepting them. If KC did not reject the goods within a reasonable time (normally considered 3 months) it would be considered an acceptance of the counteroffer.

Thats the legal implications, however, goodwill is good to have as well so all the best to both parties.
Old 03-26-2006, 12:39 PM
On The Tree

John,

I have always respected your expertise and thoughful and helpful replies to the posts of other people. That being said, the rear end I ordered was a verbal order made between myself and Dave at CMS.

Let me mention just a few of the parts I can remember I ordered off the top of my head.

1. 408 iron block outlaw - $5000.00
2. AFR 225's - $2500.00
3. BMR suspension goodies - $2500.00
4. Moser 12 bolt WITHOUT traction control - $2500.00
5. Various odds and ends-I have complete records in a gun safe I have.

I do not want to keep the 12 bolt CMS sent me because I didn't order that part and my ABS should be able to work with the Nitto 315 drag radials I have for the rear. I gave CMS ample opportunities to make this right and I am tired of dealing with Sam Smith's stubborn refusal to own up to his employees mistake. Now I am trying to sell the 12 bolt on both Ebay and this site and will take at least a $500.00 to $700.00 plus loss.

Here is the link to the Ebay listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMESE%3AIT
Old 03-26-2006, 12:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
Have any of you guy's thought there might be more to this than what is posted? I do.
You do not call a shop and act like a ***** to an employee right off the bat.Attitudes go a long way.
I have a feeling this is not about the right rear anymore,it's about how it is handled,this post definitely does not help at all. I'm lucky enough to know CMS's side of the story,100% of it.They would not lie to me.

Now this $12000. Yes its alot of $$ but do you think they put $12k in there pocket? They only make a small % of that,so stop thinking they got rich off you and they could easilly afford to just send you another rear on them.
At the beggining of the post you wanted them to get you a whole new rear and thats it!They offered to send it back and work with you on that but you didn't want it. Too bad
Slowhawk,

I didn't not infere that CMS was getting rich off the $12,000.00 I spent with them. I could have taken my business to numerous other places. Sam Smith, the owner of CMS was expecting me to pay shipping of the part of the rear end back to him and pay him $500.00 to convert the rear end to a non-traction control rear end that would be compatiable with my car's ABS and pay for the return shipping back to myself.

This is totally unacceptable because I DID NOT ORDER A TRACTION CONTROL REAR END AND I WAS SENT AN INCORRECT PART. Why should I be responsible for CMS's mistake?

You call "working with CMS" me paying shipping both ways and $500.00. YOU ARE NUTS AND IN YOUR BIASED OPINION YOU CAN KISS MY *** AND SO CAN ANYONE ELSE WHO THINKS ITS ACCEPTABLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE STUCK WITH A PART THEY DID NOT ORDER!!
Old 03-26-2006, 01:41 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Ummm.

It's been 5 months, that's potentially past a lot folk's return policy. I think this would be a no brainer if it was like 30 days after receiving it... hence me also thinking that splitting this is a good idea.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:43 PM
On The Tree

personally, i think KC should change his screen name to "kiss my ***", since that seems to be the only response he seems to know, moron. i think it was dave that posted the thread in which you unsure of what style rearend you have, when you were asking and tryingto figure it out yourself. just because you spend $12K, and remind cms and everyone else on this board about that every chance you get doesnt make you someone. im willing to bet your not there only $12K cutomer. im also willing to bet that smart people (like you) dont make mistakes. i mean really, i think everyone with an mba and money should build 800hp "race" cars that are driven on the "street" 95% of the time with a 315 on the back. i say you go back to ebay, and find the site where you bought your mba from, and see if they have a link to where you can purchase some common sense.
Old 03-26-2006, 10:20 PM
Launching!

Come on now fst01m6, the man is frustrated. To call him names is not appropriate.

I do agree that 5+ months is too long a period of time to call out a mistake though. KC's mechanic didn't check the goods to see if it was ordered correctly, which KC agrees to. It looks that CMS and KCFAN won't this out. KC, how bout contacting Moser and see if you can purchase the correct parts and have your mechanic make it right? You said you are taking a $700+ loss by selling the rear.

Bummer that this couldn't have worked out better. Cool heads and being polite usually prevails.... but not always.

Rob
Old 03-27-2006, 12:16 AM
TECH Resident

How many of you have ordered parts ahead of time for a project car? For the average person, it takes a while to build what they want. I ordered a ton of things for the Z28 that weren't installed for months. When it got down to install time, I noticed Thunder Racing did not send me the AC pulley along with my ATI damper. I simply called them and explained the situation, and a few days later I had the missing AC pulley even though the parts had been shipped long ago. Now that is good customer service. IMO, there seems to be a lack of responsibility for many sponsors here.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:56 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by FST01m6
personally, i think KC should change his screen name to "kiss my ***", since that seems to be the only response he seems to know, moron. i think it was dave that posted the thread in which you unsure of what style rearend you have, when you were asking and tryingto figure it out yourself. just because you spend $12K, and remind cms and everyone else on this board about that every chance you get doesnt make you someone. im willing to bet your not there only $12K cutomer. im also willing to bet that smart people (like you) dont make mistakes. i mean really, i think everyone with an mba and money should build 800hp "race" cars that are driven on the "street" 95% of the time with a 315 on the back. i say you go back to ebay, and find the site where you bought your mba from, and see if they have a link to where you can purchase some common sense.
Personally, I think you should change your name to BIASED MORON!
Old 03-27-2006, 03:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kcfan
Personally, I think you should change your name to BIASED MORON!
+1
HATERS do what they can
playas do what they want
fst01m6 sounds like a hater to me
Old 03-27-2006, 03:16 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by kcfan
Slowhawk,

I didn't not infere that CMS was getting rich off the $12,000.00 I spent with them. I could have taken my business to numerous other places. Sam Smith, the owner of CMS was expecting me to pay shipping of the part of the rear end back to him and pay him $500.00 to convert the rear end to a non-traction control rear end that would be compatiable with my car's ABS and pay for the return shipping back to myself.

This is what happens when you hang-up the phone on someone mid sentence. The 12 bolt needs to be shipped to Moser not us. Moser will fix your issue, and they have a two day turn around time.

Here is how the pricing breaks down:

$100.00 ABS Reluctor Ring
$130.00 Labor at Moser
$150.00 Estimated shipping to Moser
$150.00 Estimated shipping from Moser

$75.00 credit to swap 33 spline axles with ABS reluctors for 33 spline axles without reluctors

Total $465.00

Ummm.

It's been 5 months, that's potentially past a lot folk's return policy. I think this would be a no brainer if it was like 30 days after receiving it... hence me also thinking that splitting this is a good idea.

I really have no desire to deal with a person who feels the need to say "Sam Smith, doesn't have enough ***** to correct his employees mistake," and to call my sales manager "a lying SOB."

I have said my peace but I do agree with you PSJ. I will agree to splitting the $465.00 to get Mr. Peters on the road.

Sam Smith

Quick Reply: Combination Motorsports WARNING!! - RESOLVED