LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Three months later!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 05:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Three months later!!

After waiting for my QTP headers for three months, they finally arrived today. I should be happy but I'm not. The bottom of the box was wet. There isn't even a cloud in the sky. If I had not held the bottom of the box, the headers would have fallen out. I am totally disgusted by this entire episode. QTP has lousy customer service. The worst I have ever seen. UPS has also been disgusting lately as well.

If you order these header, beware. Some will say that they are great headers. Pephaps, however, that does not justify lousy customer service. I am so disgusted that I can't even open the box. I know what you are about to say. Just let me vent.

Last edited by SSDude; 04-21-2006 at 05:43 PM.
Old 04-21-2006, 06:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

im in shock, i've had great luck with the customer service over the past year.

this sounds like ups's fault, why are pointing fingers at qtp?
Old 04-21-2006, 06:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

it took 3 months to get a wet box that was falling apart thats why
Old 04-21-2006, 07:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

I would point fingers at UPS than QTP. I haven't had a problem with their customer service.
Old 04-21-2006, 07:23 PM
Teching In

Must have got stuck in the hurricane. LOL
Old 04-21-2006, 07:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

I doubt QTP hosed down the box before it shipped. Chances are UPS rinsed out the back of the truck at the beginning of the shift and didn't let it dry before loading up.
Old 04-21-2006, 07:33 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

wet box = UPS problem. As for QTP's service, I've had good luck with them..... and I don't know anyone that has ever had anything but good to say. Dunno what to tell ya.
Old 04-21-2006, 07:46 PM
TECH Resident

How does a wet box equal lousy customer service?? I think you need to relax a bit. When you take the car out for a ride with the headers on, you wont even remeber about the wet box.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think they were great. I had them drop shipped to Eastside and they called them to let them know they were on the way. Top quality service. They can't help the fact that they got 45,000 orders after they announced the new HVMC...lol

check out my set :-)

Old 04-21-2006, 11:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Roarin_8
I would point fingers at UPS than QTP. I haven't had a problem with their customer service.

You have missed the problem completely!!! It did not take UPS three months to send the headers to me. This is QTP's fault. They lie time after time with their "big batch" crap.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Order 66
How does a wet box equal lousy customer service?? I think you need to relax a bit. When you take the car out for a ride with the headers on, you wont even remeber about the wet box.
Three months to fill an order and allowing others to leap frog ahead of me does equal lousy customer service. I don't know what you are used to.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lomaximumta
I think they were great. I had them drop shipped to Eastside and they called them to let them know they were on the way. Top quality service. They can't help the fact that they got 45,000 orders after they announced the new HVMC...lol

check out my set :-)

They should have stopped taking orders and stopped lying to customers.
Old 04-22-2006, 05:16 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Did you call Barry at QTP to inquire about your order? Did you ask how many other people had orders in front of you?

Is there a header out there that is better then the ones you just got?

Seeing as all the above questions are gonna be answered NO if you answer truthfully, let it go. You have a set of the best headers made for a 4th gen ls1 car! So what if it took a while to get them.. it was off season, people order parts like mad that time of year, they probably had 500 sets of headers to make, if you had any idea how much work it actually is to make a set, even after jigs and whatnot are tooled, you probably wouldn't bitch.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
Did you call Barry at QTP to inquire about your order? Did you ask how many other people had orders in front of you?

Is there a header out there that is better then the ones you just got?

Seeing as all the above questions are gonna be answered NO if you answer truthfully, let it go. You have a set of the best headers made for a 4th gen ls1 car! So what if it took a while to get them.. it was off season, people order parts like mad that time of year, they probably had 500 sets of headers to make, if you had any idea how much work it actually is to make a set, even after jigs and whatnot are tooled, you probably wouldn't bitch.

How in the hell do you know what I did? Yes, calls were made and the answer was always the same, "We are making a big batch and you are next."

Taking three month to send out an order and lying about is is lousy customer service. Perhaps you have an inside connection. Saying that headers are good headers does not justify the lousy customer service. QTP should be honest with their customers.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls1tech-sponsor-feedback/488823-anyone-have-their-qtps-yet.html

Last edited by SSDude; 04-22-2006 at 10:22 AM.
Old 04-22-2006, 01:51 PM
Banned

I too waited forever.. But I will admitt the product does look sexy and I am VERY happy I have it.

I know where you are coming from.. BUT, You DID receive them.. and QTP isnt to blame for a wet box.

Try to think about you have a set of the best headers. If you didnt want to use them you would have to wait for another set to be made from another company so it isnt worth ditching what you have now.

But if you do plan on ditching them.

I will give you 500 NOW for the headers
Old 04-22-2006, 02:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wyckedcamaro
I too waited forever.. But I will admitt the product does look sexy and I am VERY happy I have it.

I know where you are coming from.. BUT, You DID receive them.. and QTP isnt to blame for a wet box.

Try to think about you have a set of the best headers. If you didnt want to use them you would have to wait for another set to be made from another company so it isnt worth ditching what you have now.

But if you do plan on ditching them.

I will give you 500 NOW for the headers
Please re-read my origional post. I am not blaming QTP for the wet box. The blame there goes to UPS. However, I am blaming QTP for poor customer service and for not being upfront about the delay. Saying that they make good headers is not an excuse for poor customer service.
Old 04-22-2006, 05:21 PM
Banned

I hear ya.

Either way.. what can you do? I wish you well on your new headers though. Try and cheer up.. your power numbers just went up
Old 04-22-2006, 05:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for your kind words. I have cooled down somewhat now. Sometime when you order from a vendor problems happen. However, what is important is how the problem is handled. I have ordered from Speed Inc. (aka) LS1 Speed and there was a problem. Unlike QTP, Tom at Speed Inc. (LS1 Speed) tackled the problem immediately and it was resolved within 5 minutes. As a result, I would not hesitate to order from them again. What is important is how customers are dealt with.
Old 04-22-2006, 10:57 PM
Banned

Which vender did you use?

I used Thunder Racing and I wasnt all that impressed. I had to track THEM down multiple times (left a dozen messages and then they finally called) and told me, "um.. atleast another week" lol.

Each week I was like WTF?

Anyways.. it was my FIRST bad experience with them. They are usually very good.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Ups Strikes Again

Hey I am not trying to step on your feet. But here are some pictures from UPS. I had 4 rims shipped to my house and it looks like UPS let these as well sit out in the rain.. As well the day they were shipped to my door there was not a cloud in da sky.. And the UPS driver dropped them and walked very fast back to his truck.. I did catch him b4 he drove off and made him come back up and obeserve and inspect each wheel... I frown when places say they are shipping my mech. threw ups.. FED EX HANDS DOWN. But seriously the guy's are right when they say the fault lies with UPS on the wet boxes...
Attached Thumbnails Three months later!!-dsc00221web.jpg   Three months later!!-dsc00222web.jpg   Three months later!!-dsc00223web.jpg   Three months later!!-dsc00224.jpg  

Quick Reply: Three months later!!