LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Nasty Nate fuel cell fitment

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 02:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thumbs down Nasty Nate fuel cell fitment

First off it didn't fit worth crap. it was just to tall on both ends the straps were 6" short and we tried everything they were bent perfect for the cell. I had to Cutt the 2 rails on the car that the bumps on the cell are made to hit in the front and back and then it fit barely. also why do they not offer a bung at the top for a vent/rollover vlave? I had to cut it open and put a bulk head fitting in and have it tig welded shut I called nate a few weeks ago and asked him what bungs are in it and he told me 12 AN well they were 1/2 NPT FYI good aluminum fittings are $20+ so thats a costly mistake by him. Lukily theres a aeroqup dealar local and we have the guys cell and he opened the shop and got me 2 fittings or i could not have finished this cell. also the bungs to hold the fuel pump he charged anothe $60 for theres 4" of room to the frame of the car what pump and bracket will fit in there i have no idea especually cause its actually higher than the sump so the pump wil have to dry pull the fuel to it on start up anyway this expensive POS is BS i could have got a square FS that fit better

PS I was quoted 2600 for a complete kit and would have flown out and threw it at him had i bought it and it fit like this. I built a kit that will substain 2x as much power with aluminum aeroquip fittings and lightweight hose for $600 less. BTW no vent might be the problem alot of guys are having with these setups. you need at least an 8AN above 600RWHP

Last edited by ShiznityZ28; 06-19-2006 at 04:43 PM.
Old 06-19-2006, 03:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you contact nate about the fitment issue and give him a chance to fix it? I didn't see anything about that in your post.

The reason I ask is I'm about to order fuel rails from him to get rid of the aeromotive rails on my car, and he said if i had any fitment problems with them he would make it right and im curious if he stands behind the products he is selling.
Old 06-19-2006, 04:11 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a tank and I'm kind of dreading it's install... One of the guys in the F-body club that I'm in got one and he has had ALOT of headaches so far...
Old 06-19-2006, 04:42 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Boostaholic
Did you contact nate about the fitment issue and give him a chance to fix it? I didn't see anything about that in your post.

The reason I ask is I'm about to order fuel rails from him to get rid of the aeromotive rails on my car, and he said if i had any fitment problems with them he would make it right and im curious if he stands behind the products he is selling.
no cause i had 800.00 in fittings and hoses and was using a friends lift. He was cool with it but i didn't want it to take up his lift for to long. I had a grinder , cut off wheel and BFH I would have been cool with some fitment issues if it didnt cost so much

"NastyPerformance sumped F-Body fuel tank. Fits in the stock location with stock straps and holds 15 gallons. Includes custom fuel sender has internal baffles to prevent sloshing. Has -12AN outlets and 1 3/8"pipe return. Pump and filters not included $599.99
"

from his site it did have 1 3.8" return but the outlets are 1/2 NPT and it has a 5/16 bung on the side for god knows what. its on the side so its not good for a vent.

oh and the baffles run front to back i would think thered be more side to side to prevent the fuel from oving fro the frnt to the back fast

any way lesson learned Its in there and will do the job but so would have the 200.00 jegs one
Old 06-19-2006, 06:57 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ShiznityZ28
First off it didn't fit worth crap. it was just to tall on both ends the straps were 6" short and we tried everything they were bent perfect for the cell.
Thats funny I have sold and installed about 100 tanks and no one has had a problem yet. Some cars need longer bolts for some reason to pull it up tight but once the straps are bent they fit fine.
I had to Cutt the 2 rails on the car that the bumps on the cell are made to hit in the front and back and then it fit barely.

also why do they not offer a bung at the top for a vent/rollover vlave? I had to cut it open and put a bulk head fitting in and have it tig welded shut
Once again not needed the fittings on the side by the fill neck are more than adequate for vent air will fill much faster than the fuel leaving, Vent run up higher than the tank will have no issues.
I called nate a few weeks ago and asked him what bungs are in it and he told me 12 AN well they were 1/2 NPT
You never called and asked a few weeks ago because they have been 1/2" or 3/4" pipe for over a year SORRY I did not change the website. No one has mentioned that before.
FYI good aluminum fittings are $20+ so thats a costly mistake by him.
They are very expensive that is why our tanks and kits cost so much.
Lukily theres a aeroqup dealar local and we have the guys cell and he opened the shop and got me 2 fittings or i could not have finished this cell. also the bungs to hold the fuel pump he charged anothe $60
WRONG the cost is $40 and they are specific to pumps used.
for theres 4" of room to the frame of the car what pump and bracket will fit in there i have no idea especually cause its actually higher than the sump so the pump wil have to dry pull the fuel to it on start up
There is plenty of room if installed correctly and all pumps will pull fuel it is perfectly normal to draw fuel from higher than the tank. Ask your pump manufacture they usually have a spec of about 20 feet of draw above the fuel source.
anyway this expensive POS is BS i could have got a square FS that fit better
If you were so unsatisfied you should have contacted me. I would have been more than happy to help get it right or refund you for its return. I have plenty of people waiting for these.
PS I was quoted 2600 for a complete kit and would have flown out and threw it at him had i bought it and it fit like this. I built a kit that will substain 2x as much power with aluminum aeroquip fittings and lightweight hose for $600 less. BTW no vent might be the problem alot of guys are having with these setups. you need at least an 8AN above 600RWHP
I would appreciate a phone call with any issues so I can resolve them before I am slandered all over the internet about my shotty products.

Have a good day

Nate

Last edited by ACW; 06-20-2006 at 02:57 AM. Reason: put quotes in quote tags for clarity
Old 06-19-2006, 07:08 PM
FormerVendor

oh and the baffles run front to back i would think thered be more side to side to prevent the fuel from oving fro the frnt to the back fast
For your info the way the tank sits in the car and with a sump there is no need for front to back baffles. There is no front and back it is angled down very steep to the sump. If yours is flat then thats your install problem. We have done alot of testing to get them right and have been building them for years without issues. Thanks for the bashing posts without a previous phone call or warning to let me know of any problems you were having with our products. I stand behind everything we build 110% and then some and would have gladly helped you out.

Nate
Old 06-19-2006, 07:42 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the PM Nate. I have high hopes for mine. I'll pass along what you have to say to my buddy.
Old 06-20-2006, 02:59 AM
ACW
TECH Veteran

People should always discuss their problems with the sponsor before posting a complaint.
Old 06-20-2006, 04:30 AM
9 Second Club

First off it didn't fit worth crap. it was just to tall on both ends the straps were 6" short and we tried everything they were bent perfect for the cell. I had to Cutt the 2 rails on the car that the bumps on the cell are made to hit in the front and back and then it fit barely. also why do they not offer a bung at the top for a vent/rollover vlave? I had to cut it open and put a bulk head fitting in and have it tig welded shut I called nate a few weeks ago and asked him what bungs are in it and he told me 12 AN well they were 1/2 NPT FYI good aluminum fittings are $20+ so thats a costly mistake by him. Lukily theres a aeroqup dealar local and we have the guys cell and he opened the shop and got me 2 fittings or i could not have finished this cell. also the bungs to hold the fuel pump he charged anothe $60 for theres 4" of room to the frame of the car what pump and bracket will fit in there i have no idea especually cause its actually higher than the sump so the pump wil have to dry pull the fuel to it on start up anyway this expensive POS is BS i could have got a square FS that fit better

1. I was one of the persons that needed extra long bolts. I just used the 100mm bolts and they reached just fine. Cost was $3.50 for both of them @ the home depot.

2. The side bung is for the vent. You have to have a vent. Or you will not be able to fill up. I just used a tappered fitting with hose to my rollover valve and then ran it into my drivers side fender with a K&N round filter @ the top. Just like the ones people use for there air system with a aftermarket lid. I then drilled tiny vent holes in the inner rearwell for air to get into there. And I filled up no problem when I first installed the system with the vent size.

3. Yes it -12 suction and 1/2 npt. He just got confused. Trust me when I say this. Nate is a nice guy. I got into it with him bigtime. I was out of line and we both are cool and he has helped me out bigtime. Trust me on that

4. The 4"s of room is normal man. Its a tight fit in a f-body. But it fits perfectly in there and no one else makes a tank like this. If you got the fuel sender dont be suprised you will have to put 6.5 gallons for it to read. This is normal and the way the tank is desgined. The nature of the beast.

If you need anyhelp please feel free to pm me for help. I finished this system begining to end and it came out really nice. Ill WILL have pics of Nates new magnafuel setup with the new 4303 pump installed by next week sometime. Like I said if you need any help I can help you too. Just offering my help due to the fact I went thru most of this and it was easily corrected.

Joe M

Last edited by JMBLOWNWS6; 06-20-2006 at 04:39 AM.
Old 06-20-2006, 04:37 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Frost
I have a tank and I'm kind of dreading it's install... One of the guys in the F-body club that I'm in got one and he has had ALOT of headaches so far...
I can take my tank in and out within 20 mins if needed. Trust me when I say this The first one is a bitch. But I can do these systems in my sleep now. My buddies going to get his really soon and were going to push the limits of a 4303 soon 408 stroker with a t 88
Old 06-20-2006, 04:38 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Boostaholic
im curious if he stands behind the products he is selling.

1,000,000 % No doubt about it!
Old 06-20-2006, 07:04 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ACW
People should always discuss their problems with the sponsor before posting a complaint.
I would have to agree. The couple of times that I called Nate he picked right up and answered all my guestions.
My personal opinion of the guy is he is one stand up dude. Bitching about issues on the computer is not helping your cause in my book.
Old 06-20-2006, 02:37 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ACW
My thoughts exactly. and still no contact or replies to this post. Must not have been that bad.

Thanks Everyone for the words I try my best just can not please everyone

Nate
Old 06-20-2006, 03:22 PM
8 Sec Tuner

We have installed 3 or 4 of these tanks at G-Force and they have all worked out great.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:44 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Nasty N8
Thats funny I have sold and installed about 100 tanks and no one has had a problem yet. Some cars need longer bolts for some reason to pull it up tight but once the straps are bent they fit fine.

Once again not needed the fittings on the side by the fill neck are more than adequate for vent air will fill much faster than the fuel leaving, Vent run up higher than the tank will have no issues.

You never called and asked a few weeks ago because they have been 1/2" or 3/4" pipe for over a year SORRY I did not change the website. No one has mentioned that before.

They are very expensive that is why our tanks and kits cost so much.

WRONG the cost is $40 and they are specific to pumps used.

There is plenty of room if installed correctly and all pumps will pull fuel it is perfectly normal to draw fuel from higher than the tank. Ask your pump manufacture they usually have a spec of about 20 feet of draw above the fuel source.

If you were so unsatisfied you should have contacted me. I would have been more than happy to help get it right or refund you for its return. I have plenty of people waiting for these.

I would appreciate a phone call with any issues so I can resolve them before I am slandered all over the internet about my shotty products.

Have a good day

Nate
Ok since i was away i see this is very interesting. first if you think a 5/16 bung on the side is a vent you are mental. first off noone should have ahole on the side of a tank becasue of spillage or chance of rolover . 2nd anything over 600hp it is recomended at least a 8AN vent

IF i bought a $600 tank thats a direct boltin i shouldn't need longer bolts and BTW after i clearanced 1/2" of room then i could draw it up and still the straps are very tight and barely make it.

Jeff from PSI called you about my tank while i was there and you told him 12AN we also looked at your web site and it says 12AN so somehow its my fault there 1/2" ?

Theres no way a decent pump will fit between this tank and the frame rail

As for your know it all attitude . Theres a super charged car with your "SUPE DUPER Kit" that keeps running outa fuel. we put a pump like mine on and a REAL VENT and magicly the problems went away

BTW great customer service with the nastyy replys... good thing im not the one trying to sell stuff here.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:45 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Nasty N8
For your info the way the tank sits in the car and with a sump there is no need for front to back baffles. There is no front and back it is angled down very steep to the sump. If yours is flat then thats your install problem. We have done alot of testing to get them right and have been building them for years without issues. Thanks for the bashing posts without a previous phone call or warning to let me know of any problems you were having with our products. I stand behind everything we build 110% and then some and would have gladly helped you out.

Nate
FYI sloshing is when the fuel runs backwards and splashes forward. so those baffles would be nice for 600.00
Old 06-22-2006, 09:47 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
1. I was one of the persons that needed extra long bolts. I just used the 100mm bolts and they reached just fine. Cost was $3.50 for both of them @ the home depot.

2. The side bung is for the vent. You have to have a vent. Or you will not be able to fill up. I just used a tappered fitting with hose to my rollover valve and then ran it into my drivers side fender with a K&N round filter @ the top. Just like the ones people use for there air system with a aftermarket lid. I then drilled tiny vent holes in the inner rearwell for air to get into there. And I filled up no problem when I first installed the system with the vent size.

3. Yes it -12 suction and 1/2 npt. He just got confused. Trust me when I say this. Nate is a nice guy. I got into it with him bigtime. I was out of line and we both are cool and he has helped me out bigtime. Trust me on that

4. The 4"s of room is normal man. Its a tight fit in a f-body. But it fits perfectly in there and no one else makes a tank like this. If you got the fuel sender dont be suprised you will have to put 6.5 gallons for it to read. This is normal and the way the tank is desgined. The nature of the beast.

If you need anyhelp please feel free to pm me for help. I finished this system begining to end and it came out really nice. Ill WILL have pics of Nates new magnafuel setup with the new 4303 pump installed by next week sometime. Like I said if you need any help I can help you too. Just offering my help due to the fact I went thru most of this and it was easily corrected.

Joe M
We were the ones who told him the bosh pumps suck and we went to magnafuel . he must not recognize my user name to the guy on the phone I feel 5 calls to him with questions is more than enough
Old 06-22-2006, 09:49 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Vince @ FLT
I would have to agree. The couple of times that I called Nate he picked right up and answered all my guestions.
My personal opinion of the guy is he is one stand up dude. Bitching about issues on the computer is not helping your cause in my book.

what cause i made it work i need nothing from him we were hoping this was an easy biolt in tank to sell to customers with this much work its not worth it. I just did a plastick stock tank for a guy turned out silly and saved $500.00
Old 06-22-2006, 09:51 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Mike TexaSS
We have installed 3 or 4 of these tanks at G-Force and they have all worked out great.
I would bet they might be a hair diff every time with the welded on blocks and such
Old 06-22-2006, 09:51 AM
TECH Addict

Oh BTW superslo on here had one and told me before my install he had issues.

Quick Reply: Nasty Nate fuel cell fitment