LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Specialized Stainless is a top notch company! *PICS* (numerous member responses)

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 11:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Specialized Stainless is a top notch company! *PICS* (numerous member responses)

Specialized Stainless is a top notch company and Steve does a great job. Every e-mail I sent was replied to within hours, if not minutes. The bolts were awesome quality. I was a bit nervous spending $100 on bolts, but after I installed them and saw how my engine bay looked, it was all worth it.

I just realized I have no before pics, but let me say I had some bolts that were rusted since the car was an East Coast car for the first part of its life. I was embarrassed to put my hood up since I am a perfectionist and I hate seeing corroded and rusty bolts. Not any more!

When I opened the box containing my bolts, I figured there would be one huge bag with all the bolts and nuts I needed and I would have to figure out where each bolt went. That was NOT the case. I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the box to see each bolt was labeled and all I have to do was look at the directions to see where each bolt went. This made the project so much easier.

And here is a crappy pic of the engine bay this morning at a local car hangout. Many people commented on how clean my engine bay was.

Old 09-08-2007, 12:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looks good Kman!! I have completely changed my engine bay with his products, Steve's products just clean up the apperance.
Old 09-08-2007, 02:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea, I'm really happy with it too.

Only thing I can see improving is adding a polished stainless nut for the ground cables located below the Meguiar's sticker on the right side and the left side of the engine bay.
Old 09-08-2007, 02:21 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kman
Yea, I'm really happy with it too.

Only thing I can see improving is adding a polished stainless nut for the ground cables located below the Meguiar's sticker on the right side and the left side of the engine bay.
If you take a closer look at that ground you'll see it's actually a specialty fastener with double sided threads... I can not get these in stainless.
Old 09-08-2007, 02:22 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Kman
Specialized Stainless is a top notch company and Steve does a great job. Every e-mail I sent was replied to within hours, if not minutes. The bolts were awesome quality. I was a bit nervous spending $100 on bolts, but after I installed them and saw how my engine bay looked, it was all worth it.

I just realized I have no before pics, but let me say I had some bolts that were rusted since the car was an East Coast car for the first part of its life. I was embarrassed to put my hood up since I am a perfectionist and I hate seeing corroded and rusty bolts. Not any more!

When I opened the box containing my bolts, I figured there would be one huge bag with all the bolts and nuts I needed and I would have to figure out where each bolt went. That was NOT the case. I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the box to see each bolt was labeled and all I have to do was look at the directions to see where each bolt went. This made the project so much easier.

And here is a crappy pic of the engine bay this morning at a local car hangout. Many people commented on how clean my engine bay was.
Thank you very much for the feedback!
Old 09-08-2007, 08:28 PM
On The Tree

great product Steve....Are those bolts universal? Reason I'm asking is that my Lt1 has the 2000 front end.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by toofazt
If you take a closer look at that ground you'll see it's actually a specialty fastener with double sided threads... I can not get these in stainless.
I figured there was a good reason.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:07 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those bolts look especially nice when your engine bay is flat black! Those bolts are just so shiny! Now I gotta save up for the other covers!
Old 09-09-2007, 06:28 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by CHELOZ28
great product Steve....Are those bolts universal? Reason I'm asking is that my Lt1 has the 2000 front end.
I don't know. You'd have to check w/ a buddy.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:29 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Black8Banger
Those bolts look especially nice when your engine bay is flat black! Those bolts are just so shiny! Now I gotta save up for the other covers!
Thank you Post up some pics!
Old 09-10-2007, 02:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I received my order Friday. I installed the bolt kit and makes a big difference. Now I just need to decide whether the covers I bought will be powdercoated black or maybe covered in carbon fiber.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:50 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by DopeFedZ
I received my order Friday. I installed the bolt kit and makes a big difference. Now I just need to decide whether the covers I bought will be powdercoated black or maybe covered in carbon fiber.
Thanks a lot. I think either way will look great
Old 09-10-2007, 05:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

just got mine today!!
Old 09-10-2007, 05:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/removed-locked-thread-graveyard/751036-if-about-sponsor-feedback.html

!!! MOVED!

Quick Reply: Specialized Stainless is a top notch company! *PICS* (numerous member responses)