LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

FLT takes the wow factor!!! Lot of Pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 01:37 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Well my story goes like this:

My trans was shifting perfectely fine when i bought my car so i was just gonna throw a shift kit in it. Then after taking the time of pulling my trans i thought other wise. Checked out a few local shops then called FLT. Vince told me if i wanted to, to just stop in and check out a few things and go from there. Stopped in there one morning and stayed there bullshittin for about a hour or so. And yes, they tell you EVERYTHING! there is to know about them, lol. After that i was getting mine built up. BEST shop iv ever been in and not worried about chillin in the shop while they take you to school on trannys. Everyone these days are all about taking your money and pushing you out the door, well not Vince or Chuck. They were chillin and talkin before i even said i was gonna build my trans, that says a lot about them. There on the look out for the customer first, then business later. All in all 2 of the best guys iv ever spent my money with!!

Vote FLT for president!!!
Old 10-23-2007, 07:35 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks Jerry for the feedback here. I know what you are saying about taking the money and pushing out the door. We are just not like that and I truly enjoy our customers. You guys deserve the services that we provide and that will never change. I know being able to see what we do is very neat for you guys and leaves a great impression of what we are really about. Thanks again and thank you for choosing FLT. Vince
Old 10-23-2007, 10:32 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very Cool!
Old 10-23-2007, 10:46 AM
11 Second Club

They have saved my *** in the past and are going to again.

You guys get any T56 output bronze booshings and seals yet?
Old 10-23-2007, 09:23 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by BADSZ28
They have saved my *** in the past and are going to again.

You guys get any T56 output bronze booshings and seals yet?
Yes we did, give us a call when your ready.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:53 PM
Banned

FLT is the only trans i havent had a problem with.

I rode around on a FLT level four for months with the planets shot. it made alot of noise but held together. if it did that good for that long being that broke, you know its bad ***

FLT is the best , especially their customer service and follow up.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:10 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

If you have an issue with one of our units at any point and time, pick up the phone and call. We are here to help. Not sure as to why you would drive a unit for 4 months with a noise but I guess that was your decision. Good luck, Vince.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:08 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

sobaka__79 did you have a rear end failure prior to the trans issues? I have seen this cause many trans failures over the years. Just a thought. Vince
Old 10-25-2007, 06:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got the tranny in today and first impressions are this thing is a work of art. I'll post up a full review next week after we get it tuned. Shifts are nice and smooth. Stay tuned!
Old 10-27-2007, 05:04 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Good to hear and keep us posted. Vince
Old 10-27-2007, 06:53 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

I just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in here as well.

This thread is a perfect example of how Chuck and Vince work. You post to say how pleased you were with what they've done, and then they go and do even more!!

I've spent literally hours and hours on the phone with Chuck. I bought one 65E from him way back when (before he even started FLT!!) and he serviced that tranny for me over and over, and even helped me get it sold to another member when I needed to step up to the 80E (which Chuck and Vince built for me, of course). Chuck even talked me through changing out some parts by phone when a faulty install side-lined my 65E (and though I've forgotten what the heck the part was, Chuck probably remembers lol). At first you might think, wow that's great customer service! And it really is... But now remember that I didn't even pay FLT (paid another company) for that 65E (although Chuck built it for me).

That is a testament to these guy's motives and intentions right there. That's why I say the only way I'll ever go somewhere else for a performance tranny is if Chuck and Vince tell me they can't or don't want to build that kind of tranny.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:12 PM
FormerVendor

I dunno... theres something that just doesn't sound right about Chuck and Vince sitting in the White House. I'm not sure how the Secret Service would feel about a build bench and a Dyno in the Oval Office! I just dunno.

g
Old 10-28-2007, 07:19 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by TurboBerserker
I just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in here as well.

This thread is a perfect example of how Chuck and Vince work. You post to say how pleased you were with what they've done, and then they go and do even more!!

I've spent literally hours and hours on the phone with Chuck. I bought one 65E from him way back when (before he even started FLT!!) and he serviced that tranny for me over and over, and even helped me get it sold to another member when I needed to step up to the 80E (which Chuck and Vince built for me, of course). Chuck even talked me through changing out some parts by phone when a faulty install side-lined my 65E (and though I've forgotten what the heck the part was, Chuck probably remembers lol). At first you might think, wow that's great customer service! And it really is... But now remember that I didn't even pay FLT (paid another company) for that 65E (although Chuck built it for me).

That is a testament to these guy's motives and intentions right there. That's why I say the only way I'll ever go somewhere else for a performance tranny is if Chuck and Vince tell me they can't or don't want to build that kind of tranny.
Eric thank you for the kind words. You know first hand as to how real of a deal we are and thank you for sharing it with others. Vince

Originally Posted by Ratchthed
I dunno... theres something that just doesn't sound right about Chuck and Vince sitting in the White House. I'm not sure how the Secret Service would feel about a build bench and a Dyno in the Oval Office! I just dunno.

g
Damn Gil I never looked at it like that. Oval office....builders room...humm...I'm in!
Old 10-28-2007, 07:38 AM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Vince @ FLT
Damn Gil I never looked at it like that. Oval office....builders room...humm...I'm in!
I'd still vote for Nader
Old 10-29-2007, 01:04 PM
Launching!

Thumbs up

I called FLT and talked to Chuck for quite a while. I'm usually one to compare products to no end. In this case, I knew there was no need wasting my time trying to find someone with a better product and better customer service. I bought a Level 5 on the spot. It should be arriving this week and I'm REALLY looking forward to it after reading this thread. Keep up the good work Chuck & Vince... Attitudes and honesty like your's are a rarity these days and extremely valued by customers like myself.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:13 PM
9 Second Club

Vince, I just got done with the tune on Ben's (99Hawk262) car. Wow, that transmission feels great, and shifts when it's commanded to shift. Ben used an old fuel pump of mine when flushing his cooler out, and got it all together the other day. Mainly we were battling drivability bugs, which I think are gone now, but tonight was the first time since he's had the cam that he has been able to take 2nd gear all the way to the shift. We shifted the car as high as 6700, but I lowered the points to about 6500 or so. The car starts to fall off a little at 6600+. Anyways, another vote for FLT, great product. Hopefulley get to meet up with you around the holidays!
Old 10-29-2007, 09:56 PM
11 Second Club

https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic-transmission/806603-flt-level-4-yank-pt4400-full-review.html

My full review!
Old 10-30-2007, 09:31 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Little bump for your review! Let us know how it does at the track Thursday.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:54 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ratchthed

g

Vince sitting in the BIG chair!!?? I dont think he's willing to take the pay cut. lol

Mec
Old 10-31-2007, 08:58 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Rhino79
Vince, I just got done with the tune on Ben's (99Hawk262) car. Wow, that transmission feels great, and shifts when it's commanded to shift. Ben used an old fuel pump of mine when flushing his cooler out, and got it all together the other day. Mainly we were battling drivability bugs, which I think are gone now, but tonight was the first time since he's had the cam that he has been able to take 2nd gear all the way to the shift. We shifted the car as high as 6700, but I lowered the points to about 6500 or so. The car starts to fall off a little at 6600+. Anyways, another vote for FLT, great product. Hopefully get to meet up with you around the holidays!
Nice to hear feedback from a tuner! I will hopefully be down for Christmas and maybe you can show me your magic.

Originally Posted by SD455
FLT all the way!!! When the block has a hole in it, the paint has faded and the seats have dried to dust and blown away..............there will STILL be one part of my car that works like a charm.
Good to hear all is going well with the car Ron. Not sure that the trans will outlive the car but we will see. Thanks for the kind words guy's. Vince

Quick Reply: FLT takes the wow factor!!! Lot of Pics