LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Please Help!!n p0521 Code

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 09:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

everything looks fine oil is at the right level. anyone know what I should do?
Old 03-05-2011, 02:32 PM
TECH Addict

I started getting p0521 last week and thanks to you all I didn't panic. However, since it seemed like a benign issue, I ignored it until yesterday when I had the red Oil Pressure light came on with a Low Pressure/Stop Engine message on the DIC. I spent the $40 on the sensor and another $10 on the special socket (was recommended instead of the 27mm
Old 03-05-2011, 02:35 PM
TECH Addict

I started getting p0521 last week and thanks to you all I didn't panic. However, since it seemed like a benign issue, I ignored it until yesterday when I had the red Oil Pressure light came on with a Low Pressure/Stop Engine message on the DIC. I spent the $40 on the sensor and another $10 on the special socket (was recommended instead of the 27mm....neither of which I had anyway). Swapped out the sensor in the AutoZone lot in less than 5min.

Thanks guys! Couldn't have been easier, unless it purchased and replaced itself.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:39 PM
TECH Addict

Ooops...stupid phone app causing the double post.

Anyway...just wanted to let those w tuners know that when I hooked up the Diablo, Oil Pressure read 91.77% at idle, and dropped instantly to 0% with any acceleration. With the new sensor, it fluctuates with rpms
Old 03-05-2011, 04:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BuffaloSS
I started getting p0521 last week and thanks to you all I didn't panic. However, since it seemed like a benign issue, I ignored it until yesterday when I had the red Oil Pressure light came on with a Low Pressure/Stop Engine message on the DIC. I spent the $40 on the sensor and another $10 on the special socket (was recommended instead of the 27mm....neither of which I had anyway). Swapped out the sensor in the AutoZone lot in less than 5min.

Thanks guys! Couldn't have been easier, unless it purchased and replaced itself.
Glad someone saved some $$$ on the part!
Old 03-08-2011, 05:49 PM

Hawkins04,

Any luck with your code problems? My code just tripped on Sunday P0521. I won't have the chance to take it to the shop until the weekend, so I've been driving around with the HVAC and volume to the stereo off... paranoid that Im going to start hearing some bad noises coming from the engine bay. I could replace the sensor here but I want to let the mechanic hook up a pressure gage to make sure im ok.

Im also getting a sloshing water noise when I hit the accelerator, but thats probably air in the radiator lines.

Kind of odd that everyone who wrote about this problem owns a 2006 and all of the problems started to surface within a few month period.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:50 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by KMKGXP06
Hawkins04,

Any luck with your code problems? My code just tripped on Sunday P0521. I won't have the chance to take it to the shop until the weekend, so I've been driving around with the HVAC and volume to the stereo off... paranoid that Im going to start hearing some bad noises coming from the engine bay. I could replace the sensor here but I want to let the mechanic hook up a pressure gage to make sure im ok.

Im also getting a sloshing water noise when I hit the accelerator, but thats probably air in the radiator lines.

Kind of odd that everyone who wrote about this problem owns a 2006 and all of the problems started to surface within a few month period.

Okay guys, I really need help.

I own a 05 GXP and am experiencing the same problems. I replaced the defective one with a new OEM one and the code is still tripping. What else could be causing the problem? Any ideas. The dealership is ready to screw me over tomorrow when I take it in to be repaired. I can feel it. They are telling me its the BCM and Wiring harness and a whole bunch of ****.

It has to be something minute.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:35 AM
Teching In

Does the 05 GXP's have DoD? If that is working, the part worked. Mine started working right away, but had to take it to an auto parts place to clear the code. MIGHT be all you need to do.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:09 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by CubSmurf
Does the 05 GXP's have DoD? If that is working, the part worked. Mine started working right away, but had to take it to an auto parts place to clear the code. MIGHT be all you need to do.

They do have DOD. It works until the code comes back up and then it disables itself. It take about 5 minutes after clearing for the code to reappear.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by hazards280
They do have DOD. It works until the code comes back up and then it disables itself. It take about 5 minutes after clearing for the code to reappear.
Well that sucks....I honestly don't have any other suggestions...
My issue cleared up with the new sensor. Anyone else have suggestions for 'hazards'?
Old 05-30-2011, 02:39 AM

Default quick question

just a quick question. im getting the code on my monte and i was just wondering if it will harm the engine without an immediate fix. cause right now money is tight.

i appreciate any advice.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:31 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by swiftx19
just a quick question. im getting the code on my monte and i was just wondering if it will harm the engine without an immediate fix. cause right now money is tight.

i appreciate any advice.
your DOD will be disengaged but other than that no, just make sure your not actually low on oil pressure
Old 05-30-2011, 06:34 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 94ss06gxp
just make sure your not actually low on oil pressure
Haha, Right!

94ss06gxp: Engine should be done today man! If that is the case it would have taken us about three days for the complete swap.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

i know this is old, but figured its better than starting a new thread on the same subject.

mines throwing that code as well, i was wanting to test my oil pressure before just ordering a sensor... how do you test it? my gm manual says i need a special adapter that screws in place of the oil filter... was hoping there was an easier way.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

also is our a switch or a sensors? autozone keeps pulling up a 15 dollar switch, and i'm thinking that not correct, orilys shows 55 dollar sensor.

Quick Reply: Please Help!!n p0521 Code