LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

A Couple More Things I Need Cleared Up

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 08:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation A Couple More Things I Need Cleared Up

1. How the heck does this IAT relocation kit thing exactly worK? What do I plug into what and where do I put it lol. I keep staring at my MAF, and I see nothing but a MAF. No IAT sensor, unless I'm totally blind. Someone walk me through this, slowly, for I feel really stupid right now lol.

2. Do they sell bigger/better front and rear sway bars for our cars? I'd like to pick a set up because torque steer will be the death of me (and my Q/M!)

3. What are someone of the best completely stock times you guys have seen/run? I want to compare my times and see if I'm on par.

4. I still would like to know how to actually order the ported intake mani and TB from Fasterproms. I emailed them 4 days ago with no responce. So I just deal with the rep through this site and buy it using paypal? Plus, how long did it take for them to come in?

5. If I throw a code by installing a bigger downpipe, would a Diablo Predator be able to turn that code off? Same with the code I'll most likely throw with the 160 T-Stat.

Sorry for the length, but I needed to get this off my chest!

Thanks!!!!
Old 08-27-2009, 08:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DirtyVegas23

5.Same with the code I'll most likely throw with the 160 T-Stat.

Sorry for the length, but I needed to get this off my chest!

Thanks!!!!
this is the only one i can field haha....it wont set a code lol.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:50 PM
Teching In

Lol, ok, thanks! I just figured that it would because I had to get ZZP to tune out the code it threw on my 04 GTP.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:57 PM
TECH Resident

Times:

http://www.clubgp.com/cgi-asp/qtrmile.asp?txtfunc=7
Old 08-27-2009, 08:59 PM
TECH Resident

Upgraded Suspension Components:

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/W-Body.htm
Old 08-27-2009, 09:00 PM
TECH Resident

A hogan DP will most likely throw a code if you replace the CAT, if you keep the stop CAT you should be fine. The stock cat flows plenty well enough so your best bet is to just replace the DP and the ubend. A Diable will take out the code, so will HP Tuners.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:02 PM
TECH Resident

Thread about the IAT:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls4-front...ction-kit.html

Basically the stock location is bad because of the exhaust so you can move it to a spot where it won't be heated up by the exhaust. Or at least that is how I understand it.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:07 PM
Launching!

HP Tuner!! Nuff Said!
Old 08-27-2009, 11:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The MAF and IAT are now intergrated into one unit. Its all inside the MAF
Also STB can be found here
http://www.drcustomparts.com/HomePage.htm
Old 08-27-2009, 11:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Turn the Traction control off. that will help your tourque steer a bit.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

"1. How the heck does this IAT relocation kit thing exactly worK? What do I plug into what and where do I put it lol. I keep staring at my MAF, and I see nothing but a MAF. No IAT sensor, unless I'm totally blind. Someone walk me through this, slowly, for I feel really stupid right now lol."

The factory MAF/IAT are one unit. Vector Motorsports makes a IAT relocation kit that simply bypasses the internal IAT sensor by simply unplugging the harness at the MAF, connecting their harness which allows the factory MAF to function as normal and then puts vectors, faster IATsensor at the end of an extended harness. This allows you to put the actual sensor out in the colder airstream away from the heatsoak area. Preventing the engine/computer from pulling timing when excess heat is sensed.

"2. Do they sell bigger/better front and rear sway bars for our cars? I'd like to pick a set up because torque steer will be the death of me (and my Q/M!)"

Search this site or even call them, they have what you are looking for and will assist you to get it RIGHT the first time.

http://02bbfb5.netsolhost.com/index.htm

"4. I still would like to know how to actually order the ported intake mani and TB from Fasterproms. I emailed them 4 days ago with no responce. So I just deal with the rep through this site and buy it using paypal? Plus, how long did it take for them to come in?"

Just call them! I had my e-mails returned/unable to deliver. But I called and these guys are a pleasure to deal with and very nice work.

Office 813-476-7364 Cell 813 495 8778

"5. If I throw a code by installing a bigger downpipe, would a Diablo Predator be able to turn that code off? Same with the code I'll most likely throw with the 160 T-Stat."

There is a possibility of throwing a code and a custom tune/ tweek to your tune will take care of it (talk/PM 06montess/Lew) He can take care of it and more!

The 160* stat FORGET IT stay with the stock 187* your computer got to have the temp or you will be fighting it for ever.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ill_Born_ss

The 160* stat FORGET IT stay with the stock 187* your computer got to have the temp or you will be fighting it for ever.
explain please.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well I could, but won`t go into detail as it is really complicated. But the short of it is the engine ,fuel burn, combustion efficency, the cats etc. all require a certain temp to function properly. Many engineers have gone thru all this for a big reason. The old non-computerized, carburated, cast iron bruts were different. But still required certain heat for perfection.
You should be adjusting the fans to get optimal temp 192*-210*
Old 08-28-2009, 02:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ill_Born_ss
Well I could, but won`t go into detail as it is really complicated. But the short of it is the engine ,fuel burn, combustion efficency, the cats etc. all require a certain temp to function properly. Many engineers have gone thru all this for a big reason. The old non-computerized, carburated, cast iron bruts were different. But still required certain heat for perfection.
You should be adjusting the fans to get optimal temp 192*-210*
i dont have a tune yet (still under warranty) so i cant do anything about the fans but do you think i should get my stocker tstat back instead of the 160*?