LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

W body Store fenderwell intake

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 03:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nacho SS
Nobody is holding a gun to your head to buy that part. Hell, go buy a K&N piece that for sure fits/works on a IMP/MC. This whole thread is pretty much one big moot point...the OP bought a part that specifically doesn't fit on his car in the first place without serious modification. Whether it will fits/maybe fits/fits with some modification on a GXP is out of the question. That's pretty clear to me. I don't see how you can blame a guy for selling that. The problem if it doesn't fit/didn't come with the correct hardware is then stuck in on the manufacturer. Mike/WBS doesn't make those. JMB makes them, and they get orders forwarded to them by the WBS. AG should have contacted WBS first, then gotten the manufacturer info from Mike and taken it up with that company.

It says, straight from the WBS:

__AND__

Mike even says in his post in this thread:

I guarantee that had this been me, I would have realized my mistake buying an assembly that doesn't work with my car, contacted Mike, exchanged the parts, been credited my money or purchased another intake that fit.

If you'd read what I've written on the product you would understand. The website says that it DOES fit, just with modification of the fenderwell. After the fenderwell was modified, the product did NOT fit as pictured and did NOT come with the parts it was supposed to. I realize what you're saying but fact of the matter is, it's not a true FWI, it IS advertised for the chevrolets, and it does NOT come with the parts as advertised. I even emailed before I ordered to verify fitment and I was not informed that the part for the LS4s was not anywhere close to being like the one pictured.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AlabamaGuy
If you'd read what I've written on the product you would understand. The website says that it DOES fit, just with modification of the fenderwell. After the fenderwell was modified, the product did NOT fit as pictured and did NOT come with the parts it was supposed to. I realize what you're saying but fact of the matter is, it's not a true FWI, it IS advertised for the chevrolets, and it does NOT come with the parts as advertised. I even emailed before I ordered to verify fitment and I was not informed that the part for the LS4s was not anywhere close to being like the one pictured.
Exactly. If it would fit the GXP like it should, the dimensions between the GXP and ISS/MCSS shouldn't be far off, after modifying the fenderwell. And the fact that it didn't come with the blockoff plate - and came with a knockoff filter vs. the K&N it was supposed to come with.

Nacho - would you be able to get pics of the GXP with the intake?
Old 04-02-2010, 01:22 PM
Launching!

Look Nacho, I realize you're a great big fan of Mike/WBS. I have nothing against the guy or the company. You're bending over backwards to defend this guys rep.

I understand that WBS does not manufacture these parts, they simply forward the order to JMB. But... Who am I giving my money to for this product. WBS. Who is responsible for giving me what they told me I am getting. WBS. I'm not going to put steak on the menu, give you a hamburger, then just shrug my shoulders and blame it on the meat company when you get upset.

I just think it's totally bogus that AG has been left with a product that is nowhere near as advertised. Did WBS try and put a disclaimer on this saying there is fitment, yes. However, I don't think they anticipated it being that far off. I've been in the supplier/quality business for a very long time, I've seen this before, many times. FWIW, I think he should temporarily suspend selling this product until he can ensure the quality is good and the parts are what they are. Then, get on his website and say "this is what I did", "this is what you're going to get", and "if you don't get this, this is what I'll do". If that happens, I'd line jump to be first.
I think you're letting emotion get in the way of business. You've had a great experience and are very happy. But there's quite a few people who have not, and this simply brought out an issue that he needs to address. It's no big deal, I deal with it every day. Just fix it, move on, and make sure it doesn't happen any more.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think the Monte has fender braces in the fenders. My 01 GT 2dr. had them but I cut them out and then my FWI fit great. This sounds like the same kind of issue. The braces are pretty easy to cut through.

-Mike

Quick Reply: W body Store fenderwell intake