LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Yes! DoD is gone!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 02:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yes! DoD is gone!

Installed the Predator 91 tune without DoD today What a difference! I didn't notice much performance wise besides better throttle response and more low-midrange power. The best part is that the trans isn't locking and unlocking on the highway and it isn't lugging third gear down to 12 mph anymore which caused a vibration/shake in the steering wheel and floor . Up and down-shifts also feel quicker and more authoritative.

I suppose now I should get a hold of Lew and let him work his magic on deleting the neutral/park rev limiter and getting a better tune for the car.

This is how these cars should shift from the factory!
Old 02-16-2011, 02:47 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

nice!! congrats! hahaha...

yeah man, hit me up whenever you're ready... diablo.help@gmail.com and I can send ya any and all info you need to get started...

you have the usb/serial cable and power adapter for the predator, right??

you'll also want to download and install the DataViewer program, and the GMLS2InterfaceApp (also known as the E40 app)... you can get both of those from the U7191 download support page here:

http://diablosport.com/index.php?mod...display&pid=68

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 02-16-2011, 03:04 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
nice!! congrats! hahaha...

yeah man, hit me up whenever you're ready... diablo.help@gmail.com and I can send ya any and all info you need to get started...

you have the usb/serial cable and power adapter for the predator, right??

you'll also want to download and install the DataViewer program, and the GMLS2InterfaceApp (also known as the E40 app)... you can get both of those from the U7191 download support page here:

http://diablosport.com/index.php?mod...display&pid=68

No I didn't get the cable and adapter, I'll probably order it within a week or so and get a hold of you soon after

Thanks for the information!
Old 02-16-2011, 03:16 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

k...

you can get 'em from any electronics store, they're not special...

so if you have like a radio shack, best buy, walmart, etc near ya, you can get it there...

the usb/serial cable should come with a cd for it that has the usb drivers on it... you'll need to install its usb drivers in order for your PC to find/recognize the cable...

and for the power adapter, it has to be a 12v 1amp power supply, with the center of the tip positive...

take the predator with you so you can make sure the tip fits in the predator's plug..

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
Old 02-16-2011, 05:11 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1>girlfriend
Installed the Predator 91 tune without DoD today What a difference! I didn't notice much performance wise besides better throttle response and more low-midrange power. The best part is that the trans isn't locking and unlocking on the highway and it isn't lugging third gear down to 12 mph anymore which caused a vibration/shake in the steering wheel and floor . Up and down-shifts also feel quicker and more authoritative.

I suppose now I should get a hold of Lew and let him work his magic on deleting the neutral/park rev limiter and getting a better tune for the car.

This is how these cars should shift from the factory!
Lew.. is the man, and I can't wait for him to get started with my tune. I've got my car dialed in pretty good for now with Lews help via. Instant Mesenger.

Download the programs Lew has listed for you, and data log a few runs. You can view the file through data viewer. This is my new favorite thing to do.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:24 PM
On The Tree

awesome! i cant wait to get a tune and get rid of the DOD kickin on in third at like 40-45MPH is the most anoying thing.. then cruisin down the road kicks in and out constantly... have you played with the trans pressure at all yet?
Old 02-16-2011, 07:32 PM
On The Tree

if you think its good wait till Lew gets done. Best mod for the money and if you have no clue what your doing Lew will work with you every step of the way.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:01 PM
Banned

How much mpg is lost?
Old 02-16-2011, 09:10 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 91_rs-teal
awesome! i cant wait to get a tune and get rid of the DOD kickin on in third at like 40-45MPH is the most anoying thing.. then cruisin down the road kicks in and out constantly... have you played with the trans pressure at all yet?
I haven't played with anything yet, I'm gonna snoop around tomorrow.

Originally Posted by f3racer
How much mpg is lost?
I never did the sure way of figuring mpg, but on the highway the DIC hangs out around 25ish at 70mph.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:10 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by f3racer
How much mpg is lost?
with the custom tune?? NONE! you GAIN mpg...

IF you can keep your foot out of it!! hahaha...

and you can't adjust any tcm/transmission parameters... no tcm/tranny support with the predators...

the Trinity will get the tcm/tranny support update, but not the predators... they are memory/storage space limited and will not be getting any more new updates...

the Trinity will also be getting a future update to allow you to be able to tune more than one vehicle at a time...

so, when you decide to get a diablo programmer for your vehicle, you want to go with the Trinity, and contact me...

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 02-16-2011 at 10:17 PM.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:29 AM
Launching!

I noticed a huge difference with my SuperChips Cortex tune.

But what i want to know is when the F**K Diablo is going to help us 08 peeps out!
Old 02-17-2011, 07:53 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 98GTcoupe
But what i want to know is when the F**K Diablo is going to help us 08 peeps out!
Dont forget the 05's too
Old 02-17-2011, 08:23 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by JC05GXP
Dont forget the 05's too
post #11 and #12...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls4-front...l#post14507133