LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Tune Advice

Old 02-20-2011, 01:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tune Advice

Which diablosport tuner will work with my 06 Monte Carlo SS? What is the best price anybody has paid? hoping to grab one soon and get the Lew Treatment over the summer . Gotta know how much to save up though!
Old 02-20-2011, 01:38 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You need the U7191. I paid $170 for mine, sans cables, back in mid 2009.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:53 AM
Teching In

Great! better then i thought. where'd you find that deal?
Old 02-20-2011, 02:08 AM
TECH Addict

Someone here in the classified section was selling.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:37 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

you really should get the diablo Trinity...

the predators are at the end of their lifespan... they will be phased out, and are not getting any more new updates... it's gone as far as it's going to go...

now...

the Trinity, has more features, better data logging, easier to use, can create custom guage layouts for monitoring/logging, SD card support, can monitor/log external gauges such as a wideband O2 sensor... and will get future new updates such as tcm/transmission support (yes, it IS coming! - but only for the Trinity) and also the ability to tune more than one vehicle at a time...

if you get a predator, you'll also have to buy the pc interface kit so that you can connect it to your Windows PC in order to download saved/recorded data logs and import/export tune files for custom tuning when you decide to get custom tuning done for your car, and you will... predator + interface kit will run ya about $310 from marylandspeed.com -- but again, there will be no more future updates/functionality for the predator....

the trinity comes with everything you need... they are $600... if you buy one, then come to me for the custom tune for $125, that's a total of $725... BUT I can do a package deal for ya with the Trinity's... buy a Trinity + my custom DiabLew Tune! from me, and it's only $685 for both!

and yes, I can do custom tuning for either one, trinity and predator....

just wanted you to be able to make an informed decision about which product you buy...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 02-20-2011, 01:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love my trinity.
It does SO much!
And lews good stuff man.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS

the predators are at the end of their lifespan... they will be phased out, and are not getting any more new updates... it's gone as far as it's going to go...

now...

the Trinity, has more features, better data logging, easier to use, can create custom guage layouts for monitoring/logging, SD card support, can monitor/log external gauges such as a wideband O2 sensor... and will get future new updates such as tcm/transmission support (yes, it IS coming! - but only for the Trinity) and also the ability to tune more than one vehicle at a time...

if you get a predator, you'll also have to buy the pc interface kit so that you can connect it to your Windows PC in order to download saved/recorded data logs and import/export tune files for custom tuning when you decide to get custom tuning done for your car, and you will... predator + interface kit will run ya about $310 from marylandspeed.com -- but again, there will be no more future updates/functionality for the predator....

the trinity comes with everything you need... they are $600... if you buy one, then come to me for the custom tune for $125, that's a total of $725... BUT I can do a package deal for ya with the Trinity's... buy a Trinity + my custom DiabLew Tune! from me, and it's only $685 for both!

just wanted you to be able to make an informed decision about which product you buy...

Thanks a lot for the input man! I will be sure to let you know as soon as i am ready.. whichever road i choose... im gettin the spring fever so it shouldnt be long before i get the itch to get this monte movin ;-)
Old 02-21-2011, 10:29 AM
TECH Addict

I'll probably sell mine WITH cables for $200, and for $100 more, you can have my AeroForce Interceptor Scan gauge.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1 Racing
I'll probably sell mine WITH cables for $200, and for $100 more, you can have my AeroForce Interceptor Scan gauge.
Good f'n deal right there.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:11 PM
On The Tree

The predators show up from time to time on Ebay, and they are going for around $180 WITHOUT CABLES.. I bought mine through this site (LS1 tech) for $175 about 1 month ago and it came with EVERYTHING!! so if you hold tight, you may come across a deal here or there..
Old 02-21-2011, 10:36 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by CenTexSS
Good f'n deal right there.
Thanks, mate.

I might try selling the Interceptor separately. Didn't realize they still sell for $125-$150, used!

BTW- the 7191 will work with your TBSS!!
Old 02-21-2011, 11:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Question

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS

now...

Is there suport for the 08's with the trinity,or is it the same as the preditor no support yet?
Old 03-16-2011, 10:52 PM
Staging Lane

Will these tunes mess with extended warranties ot can you set it back to original settings incase you need warranty work done on car?
Old 03-16-2011, 11:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

With Gas jobs it ultimately comes down to the dealer.
GM typically doesnt care about programmers in gasjobs UNLESS they trace any problems they encounter back to it. You can reverse back to factory programming in the event something goes wrong. That being said if they cared enough they could find out if you had ever messed with your computer or not. Typically dealers turn a blind eye to programmers and CAI's etc. UNLESS its the cause of a problem.

Now diesels are a whole different story.
2001-2010 The mechanic takes a photo of your programming on the Tech2 and sends it into GM. If GM sees even ONE little number out your entire warranty is null and void front to back.

2011 they plug in the tech2 and it tells them with a yes or no whether or not the computer has ever been touched.

Thats for ANY warranty work folks.
Gas Jobs wont be far behind.
5 years or so at a guess.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:03 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by 1CL3ANSUP3RSPORT
Is there suport for the 08's with the trinity,or is it the same as the preditor no support yet?
no 08 support...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
Old 03-17-2011, 03:04 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by SScali
Will these tunes mess with extended warranties ot can you set it back to original settings incase you need warranty work done on car?
no... you can restore original backup at any time...

and there's no history tracking or anything on our E40 ecm's anyway....

Old 03-17-2011, 03:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

A tech2 can pick it up IF GM actually cared to investigate.
Even if you revert back to stock.

That being said GM does NOT care at all on the gas jobs.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:41 PM
Staging Lane

What if you just used it to remove the DOD?
Old 03-17-2011, 07:51 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Sadden
A tech2 can pick it up IF GM actually cared to investigate.
Even if you revert back to stock.

That being said GM does NOT care at all on the gas jobs.
Not on the 2006 models. It's untraceable. Only if you're stupid enough to leave the tune installed, will they be able to tell on those models.

And GM sent a bulletin to all of the dealers to look for evidence of altered programming in the event of any drivetrain failure, so it's not just the diesels.

Still won't work. You'll get an "invalid vehicle" message, or something like that.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:52 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

you have to install a tune in order to remove the DOD... you're reprogramming the ECM to disable the DOD...

there is nothing to worry about with these cars man... trust me...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tune Advice