LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Anyone get a little static and /or buzzing from the front middle dash speaker

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 02:53 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anyone get a little static and /or buzzing from the front middle dash speaker

Can it be replaced. The factory monsoon is decent. Mine hasnt been thrashed on. Older people owned the car previously. Still want more loud and clear, I have the bass at -4 mid -5 treb-3 those settings work good for 3/4 and up volume. Soo tired of changing Cd's all the time. Probably gonna have to get that (i simple 32) (I think thats the part number) adapter for my 4th gen ipod nano. Did one similar in my c5 Z06. Any comments guys on these pioneer speakers? Is that middle dash one supposed to be a small midrange woofer or what? Also I can't count 9 speakers. Just 7... I dunno... lol
Just started looking recently.
Old 05-02-2014, 06:07 AM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by need4z
Can it be replaced. The factory monsoon is decent. Mine hasnt been thrashed on. Older people owned the car previously. Still want more loud and clear, I have the bass at -4 mid -5 treb-3 those settings work good for 3/4 and up volume. Soo tired of changing Cd's all the time. Probably gonna have to get that (i simple 32) (I think thats the part number) adapter for my 4th gen ipod nano. Did one similar in my c5 Z06. Any comments guys on these pioneer speakers? Is that middle dash one supposed to be a small midrange woofer or what? Also I can't count 9 speakers. Just 7... I dunno... lol Just started looking recently.
Any 3.5" speaker will work. And did you count all the tweeters as well?
Old 05-02-2014, 10:22 PM
Launching!

Are there a second set of tweeters in the rear doors? So that center dash speaker is just a midrange speaker. Not really a small bass type? ... and its only 3.5 inches round?? wow
Old 05-03-2014, 09:18 AM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by need4z
Are there a second set of tweeters in the rear doors? So that center dash speaker is just a midrange speaker. Not really a small bass type? ... and its only 3.5 inches round?? wow
You have tweeters in your front doors and in your 6x9s in your rear deck. And yeah the dash speaker doesn't do a whole lot. I'd remove it now since it's already blown and I bet you won't even notice it gone. And then buy an aftermarket 3.5" whenever you feel like it to put back in there.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:47 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by lVloses
You have tweeters in your front doors and in your 6x9s in your rear deck. And yeah the dash speaker doesn't do a whole lot. I'd remove it now since it's already blown and I bet you won't even notice it gone. And then buy an aftermarket 3.5" whenever you feel like it to put back in there.
Yeah Its getting toasted. I can buy a higher end 3.5" speaker that can handle bass better for 60-80 bucks. I'm sure that speaker is easy to change. Flip the grill off with a screwdriver. Unbolt the speaker, disconnect the 2 wires.. reverse procedure with new speaker.. Just a guess. lol
Old 05-08-2014, 11:06 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya mine was blown too. I actually went to GM and got a new one. was like 30 bucks I think. Gmpartsdirect had em for 11 but i didn't feel like going to the states to pick it up lol.

I tried it without having that speaker and i found it to be a lot quieter. So that's why i ended up getting a new one cause to me it sounds a lot better with that center speaker. I looked for aftermarket ones too but again didn't feel like splicing wires and stuff. I like to keep my vehicles as close to stock as I can.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:07 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And I will add the reason I didn't wanna splice in another speaker is because the way the windshield is set up, it doesn't leave a lot of room to work up there.
Old 05-08-2014, 08:21 PM
Launching!

Didn't splice mine. Used factory clips and female spade connectors and a hertz speaker. Changed the whole front dimension. I really couldn't believe the difference. $80 for the pair. So I have one little Hertz speaker left! lol

Quick Reply: Anyone get a little static and /or buzzing from the front middle dash speaker