LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

***GXP Runs 13.6 @102.37***

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 07:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea, how sad is it that it can look like a hearse and still kick gms styling to the curb.

i get more looks, thumbs ups and rubber neckers trying to check out what im driving than i do in the TA. how bout you chaman?

what does gm currently have in production that comes close to aggressive styling? the corvette?

monte- boring (although the best looking outa the group)
gtp-boring
gto-boring (although the newer models look a hair better)
impala- boring, as much as i disliked the older model (2001) i think it looked better.
malibu- boring
g6- boring
chevy trucks- boring. need to get a clue from ford.

just my opinion.

only good line is the caddy and saturn (sadly enough). they look like fun cars with good styling. they arent all boring sedans that look the same from a distance, and close up.
Old 08-13-2006, 07:40 PM
TECH Regular

dude i would rather drive an aveo than a magnum that than is butt ugly. People are probably giving you the thumbs up cause they think you are going to a funeral and are giving you the right away. They probably let you go through red lights too. C'mon all dodges have the same front grill.
Old 08-13-2006, 07:41 PM
TECH Regular

i dunno why everyone is hating on the two companies. both have ups and downs.

i have a monte carlo v8, its awesome cuz its got mad power, its gay cuz its fwd. lol
i would take a srt8 300C or challanger in a hearbeat, sooo cocky and mean looking.
Old 08-13-2006, 07:57 PM
TECH Junkie

lol. good answer jambronie. i hope thats not why they are waving
Old 08-13-2006, 08:48 PM
Staging Lane

oh, and for those of you who have forgotten. these lx vehicles are full size "luxury" sedans. they are not 2 seater sports cars. they arent made to run with the vettes and stangs and f-bodies. funny enough though, my srt8 is faster stock for stock than f-bodies and gtos oh, and it weighs 1000 lbs more.

I have driven every SRT6, 8, 10 vehicle Chrysler/Dodge makes on track so I am sure I have driven them harder than you both have. The SRT8 300C and Chargers where nice but for the $ I will take a CTS-V which will spank you in performance and quality. Don't even bring up the Viper SRT10 the ZO6 Vette is far superior, again I drove them both on track head to head. Face it for every car Chrysler makes I will beat them with a GM product. You won't win! I will say I was impressed with the SRT8 Charger It is an mean car. This isn't hate on mopar its healthy competition.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:08 PM
TECH Junkie

im sure i have driven my srt8 harder than you have on the track. and every srt8 owner gets a free track day driving all the srt vehicles to their max.

ctsv is also 12K more (starting) than the charger srt8 too. like i said above, you pay more, you get more. i know a couple ctsv guys have gotten an srt8 and like them better. just what ive seen cause im on the dodge boards. and i dont think the Vs will SPANK the srt8s. they may be margianally better in the handling department, but i wouldnt go as far as saying they will destroy them in quality and handling.

did they ever figure out all the electrical quirks and rearend hop, and tranny problems in the V yet?

where did i ever say the viper was better than the z06? viper is underpowered imo.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Sure has hell the Mag turns way more heads then the TA. I was very surprised at this. The only funeral will be that of the few guys who think its just another station wagon....BTW what you drive jabronie??? anything worth mentioning or you just lurk in these boards day dreaming..???

Oh and I'm not hating on GM, see signature. I'm just stating what almost everyone in the performance world have said...GM is just loosing it, no contact whatsoever with current muscle car trends....

CTS-V??? are you serious?....nope still falls shorter.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:59 PM
TECH Junkie

he drives a monte.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-2004-2007-gen-i/558456-cts-v-really-reliable-car.html guess that explains the quality of them lol. i like how people brag about only going through a "couple" rearends. and needing to buy a wheelhop kit? wtf. i never get wheel hop in my IRS magnum. when people say quality, caddy is not the first company that comes to mind. they are nice cars, but plauged with problems.

im a gm guy at heart (have owned 5 gm cars) so i feel that im not that biased. just stating the facts. i like to be on the winning team
Old 08-13-2006, 10:06 PM
TECH Veteran

A Monte??? LFMAO!!!!! Come for your funeral boy..!!!
Old 08-14-2006, 12:34 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by DriveATransAm
im a gm guy at heart (have owned 5 gm cars) so i feel that im not that biased. just stating the facts.
Word! Currently in my household there are 7 GM vehicles! But lately GM has been pissing in the wind (i think)

Originally Posted by chaman
WORD. That's a good word right there, "bitter". This stems to me from the lack of real performance. I mean GM pumps great engines out but ***** up everything else. They put them in FWD cars, Ugly as sin cars, in all, BORING cars......no passion, no fire no aggressive styling no nothing. GM really pisses me off with there arrogance and their lack of accepting the real reason of their poor sales (ex. Aztek anyone???)

One hope still stands...new Camaro...

Wow, that pretty much sums up GM as of lately... And i've been a GM guy all my life and actually just bought a 69 Nova. I used to work as a Tech at a chevy dealership up until recently and i can tell you, GM has gone to ****. Chaman hit the nail on the head, GM has a GREAT motor, the LSx, and they are capable of astonishing performance. BUT that's where the top of the line anything stops with GM now. Personally i think that the 'one hope' that Chaman refers to as the new 'camaro' is gonna be like the GTOs. Building up so much hype and then going south in a few years! (i don't know this for certain, but just a hunch)
Old 08-14-2006, 05:14 PM
TECH Regular

You guys act lke GM's bread and butter is in performance cars. How many Chargers or Magnums do you see compared to Impalas or Monte Carlos? To me GM has better quality vehicles then Chrysler. So GM should make Impalas and Monte Carlos rear wheel drive? Would that hurt or help sales? If I wanted a real performance car I would get a Vette Oh Have you seen the 08 Magnum? Take a look

Old 08-14-2006, 05:37 PM
TECH Junkie

chrysler has sold half a million LX vehicles over the last 2 years. dunno about GM
Old 08-14-2006, 06:26 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by jabronie78
You guys act lke GM's bread and butter is in performance cars.
actually i think that's exactly where GMs bread and butter is NOT. They are dumping tons of revenue into their Truck and SUV line. That's where they are trying to keep their head above water with. Cause they are losin their *** (just personal opinion) on the car market!
Old 08-14-2006, 06:53 PM
TECH Junkie

too bad ford is the number one for trucks. ive not been impressed with chevy trucks, and ive had one.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:12 PM
TECH Regular

anyone hear about a merger between GM and Nissan? some of the people who work at the nissan plant here in MS were talkin about it a while back, something about trying to keep GM floatin a little longer..
Old 08-14-2006, 08:15 PM
TECH Veteran

You guys act lke GM's bread and butter is in performance cars.
Obviously they are not....

How many Chargers or Magnums do you see compared to Impalas or Monte Carlos?
Aprox. I see 10 Chargers for each Monte or Impala...check sales kid...

To me GM has better quality vehicles then Chrysler.
The FEW, the proud, brand loyalist at his best....

So GM should make Impalas and Monte Carlos rear wheel drive?
At least you got that right, son!

Would that hurt or help sales?
Are you kidding???

If I wanted a real performance car I would get a Vette
I wonder then why you got the Monte then...

Oh Have you seen the 08 Magnum? Take a look
Coming from a guy who prefers an Aveo to a SRT8 Magnum and owns a Monte is quite funny...and pathetic also....
Old 08-14-2006, 08:53 PM
Staging Lane

Actually the latest sales report on TV showed that GM sold more cars than any other company last year. And being that I drive and instruct for a living, I doubt that you drove your SRT vehicle harder than I drove them. In my field I get to drive alot of fast cars, and though the SRT vehicles are impressive they are not the big dawgs. A GTO will walk all over a SRT8 Charger on the road course and 1/4 mile. Thats a fact!
Old 08-14-2006, 09:19 PM
TECH Junkie

i put 10K hard miles on my srt8. its my daily driver and i drive it how its meant to be driven. ive taken it on a 300 mile backroad trip drifting around wisconsin hills and pushing its limits to the max, as well as putting its efforts to good use at the drag strip. a couple trips around the track in an enclosed course isnt the same as putting 60 hard miles a day on them, and then some. if you have more seat time than a couple days, then forgive me.

and a gto will walk an srt8 charger? i beg to differ. how many stock gtos are in the 12.7-13.3 range? most are 13.3+ sure, they are easily modded, but we are talking stock for stock, right. the fastest STOCK gto on the gto board right now is 12.9. fastest lx srt8 (that im aware of) stock is a 12.7. i heard a 12.5, dunno about that. hell, my magnum (which is a couple hundred heavier than the charger) went 13.0! and i garuantee that it will go 12s come fall time, still being 100% stock. majority of srt8s=13.1, majority of gtos-13.5 call it what you want.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:33 PM
TECH Junkie

per edmunds:

GTO ........................................chargerSRT 8
Curb Weight: 3725 lbs........................4,160
Acceleration (0-60 mph): 5.5 sec.........5.4
Braking(60-0 mph): 128.96 ft.............120.35
Slalom (mph): ?????.........................64.5
Skid Pad (g-force): ???????????..........38.9
Old 08-14-2006, 09:39 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by crippler22
A GTO will walk all over a SRT8 Charger on the road course and 1/4 mile. Thats a fact!

LOL i had to laugh at this one..

Quick Reply: ***GXP Runs 13.6 @102.37***