Old 02-12-2007, 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default i feel stupid for asking this

fuel trims

ltft %
stft %

whats a good range to stay in?!?!?
i haven't gone wot in the car to check the ltft that i have set up right now, but it is averaging 12-14%.

school me!
Old 02-12-2007, 06:32 PM
On The Tree

Usually I've heard you want to keep the LTFT's between +3 to -3. My car seems to like the more negative. I've also heard if your at WOT the LTFT should be at 0, since your in PE.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:33 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

WOW - that's high... that means your car is running lean, and the PCM is adding that much more fuel to get the AFR at cruise to be at 14.7...

yeah, I've heard ranges of -4 to +4, -3 to +3, -2 to +2... ideally you want to get the LTFT's as close to 0 as possible during cruise - they will still fluctuate a little above and below, it's not a perfect world, but the closer they are around 0, the better... and you want them to lock at 0 during WOT.

so it sounds like you need to add some fuel back in, to get those LTFT's down.

I don't know what you're using, but I know in the Predator you adjust the Injector Slope to do this... like mine for instance, after I installed my CAI, I was at about +8 on my LTFT... so using the Predator I went -6% on injector slope and it brought them right in line.

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 02-12-2007 at 06:40 PM.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Dont worry about the STFTs so much, you know if the computer is starting to settle in if those start staying negative.

My car seems to be really snotty at +5 LTFTS and maintains it, before doing the ole LS1 -3 LTFTS trick it would be snotty at first, settle in and get doggy with negatvie LTFT's For whatever reason these things are like my 04' colorado was, it turded up going with - trims.

12-14% lol yeah little maf scaling needs to be done...

This is why most of us dont dick with mail order tunes...
Old 02-12-2007, 06:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

hmmmm, time to do a major experiment, i may reset the fuel trims tonight. or i may rip the k&n off the car and put the stock box on it.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:43 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

LS1Tech 10 Year

Hey Badd... mine got doggy/bogging with all -trims too, and I found out why from Mike at Diablosport... basically, it's because we made the car too rich - I had to jack mine back up a couple % because I was in all negatives...

"Ahhh...shifting. When you look at these logs, monitor your engine load. Engine load is a major determining factor in shift settings. If the slight change in inj. slope is causing an excessive rich condition, and the car is losing power as a result, it will change the load and thus the tranny will react differently."

you can read about my whole issue I posted here:
http://ls7gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131299&page=2

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
Old 02-13-2007, 08:53 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

LS1Tech 10 Year

so, did you "experiment" Area?? What'cha find??

Old 02-13-2007, 10:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

it was raining, now there is snow in the ground. when this crap clears out i'll experiement with it. not a big fan of trying to get the fuel trims reset when there is snow on the ground
Old 02-13-2007, 06:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Regular driving sets the trims better IMHO. Just need few rolls into WOT to cover most different g/cyl cells.

My car is stupid with amount of torque it has right now at +3 and it warmed up inte mid 20's.

I can be rolling at 30 give it enough to downshift to 2nd (not 1st) and roll into it about 3/4 throttle and it blows the tires off on the cold salty roads like no other, the speedo pegs to like 80 and the front slides to the right bwhahahah
Old 02-13-2007, 07:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BADDLS1SS
Regular driving sets the trims better IMHO. Just need few rolls into WOT to cover most different g/cyl cells.

My car is stupid with amount of torque it has right now at +3 and it warmed up inte mid 20's.

I can be rolling at 30 give it enough to downshift to 2nd (not 1st) and roll into it about 3/4 throttle and it blows the tires off on the cold salty roads like no other, the speedo pegs to like 80 and the front slides to the right bwhahahah

my car is pullin like a freakin train right now. it has never run this good before, even on 91 octane. no knock. have to manhandle the wheel to get it to stay straight at a 65 punch {thanks kc for the massive amounts of salt}

the ltft at WOT is 11.7 will NOT go below that. i may go out on the highway and do a log run with it and see what happens

ambient temp is 22
IAT is 23 degrees

BTW, BADD. i see your snow and raise you
Old 02-13-2007, 08:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

tommrow i will rebuttle with my snow wagon! We got another 4" today, but im sicker than a ****** animal right now so i didnt go to work today.

Il park it ina snow bank or something lol then let the blizzacks dig it out.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BADDLS1SS
tommrow i will rebuttle with my snow wagon! We got another 4" today, but im sicker than a ****** animal right now so i didnt go to work today.

Il park it ina snow bank or something lol then let the blizzacks dig it out.

lol
i can dig out pics of my 280 buried roof high

hehehehe
i was sick last week
it sucks

the trims still bother me
Old 02-13-2007, 10:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

This is what we had last week - plows did a final scrape today, now we get hit again ... snow banks were over the top of the doors.

Monte kept motoring - fun pulling out in front of 4WD's and making them wait for me for a change.

Buffalo might have got hit harder .. I saw some dude on NBC Nightly News shoveling like 3' of his roof today in New York.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:10 AM
Launching!

I did not get that much, but what I did get was nothing but ice. I had to turn TC off to get moving.

Once I hit a plowed section, I run pretty well. I will try to get a picture.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

ya know, being that it is below 22 degrees here. im thinking the car is going to be adding fuel anyways. my dsm's in the past acted wierd in the winter time. got me.