LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

07 impala SS with dioblo sport?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 11:35 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, but what is this "flash" thing y'all are talking about w/the diablo?
Old 03-14-2007, 11:43 AM
On The Tree

Sorry, but what is this "flash" thing y'all are talking about w/the diablo?
the force back up option is in diag,troubleshooting,and the back up,flashing the ecm is changing the programing.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I wonder if it's the bad battery cell syndrome that a few people have encountered - me included. for a couple days my car seemed to hesitate when starting - then one day, nothing! starter wouldn't even click - deader than a doornail. jumped it and drove to the dealer, turned it off - 1 minute later they went to pull it into the shop and it was totally dead. Turned out to be a bad cell in the battery - so they gave me a new one, and better than the original too.

And if your battery isn't fully charged, the tunes won't load/flash into your ECM anyway.
Excellent point here...I didn't even think about that.
kpssmonte, if you were flashing the car several times today, and the battery was not healthy, you may have run it down to where it was too low to flash the PCM.
I do hope this was the case.
Keep us informed as to what the dealer says.

Thanks
Mike
Old 03-14-2007, 01:27 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by kpssmonte
the force back up option is in diag,troubleshooting,and the back up,flashing the ecm is changing the programing.
Okay, I guess I should have asked about the forced backup. What exactly is that and why would you need to do it? when your battery dies? Thanks.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:34 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

in case something goes "wrong" with doing a tune, the tool can (try to) force your original backup back to your car. but you need to call Diablosport to do it, because there is a code that needs to be entered in before it'll letcha do it.

and apparently, that code is randomized each time, so there's not just one code that can be used all the time and distributed around the 'net. If it gets to that point, Diablo probably wants to talk to you anyway to see what you were or were not doing when things got ugly.

But if your battery dies or is too low, you won't be able to do anything anyway.

I also replied to all your questions over on the diablosport.com forums...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 03-14-2007 at 01:48 PM.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:41 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by kpssmonte
I've done a dozen flash's tring to get the most hp,and have done it all the same except today I forgot the performance meeter was pluged in to the cigaret lighter,that caused the first forced backup upload,my fault.Then I was extra carefull the next couple times and then out of nowhere agian happened.Now the forced backup wont even work tried a couple of times.
if your battery was still good - did you try disconnecting your negative battery cable for about 20 minutes?? then you want to turn the headlight switch on and press the brake pedal a couple times - that will get rid of any stored/residual power in the system. (be sure to turn the lights back off, or put on auto) then reconnect it quickly to avoid any arcing from the post to the cable.

I and a couple other's I've helped with this trick had a couple annomolies that occured to our cars, and after disconnecting the neg. battery cable for a bit and then putting it back on - everything was fine and working normal again.

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 03-14-2007 at 01:51 PM.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:49 PM
On The Tree

Hey 06MonteSS,
Alright son, I've got a log that I have done, but you'll have to walk me thru the desiphering of what all this stuff means. And actually, I would post the log on here to you could look at it, but I have no idea how to get it off of the dataviewer onto this website so you can look at it. (Not the most computer savy person there has ever been.) I would just but the numbers I got down here in a post, but as I look at the log, the numbers for the parameters I chosen are just for that particular second in the log. I thought the dataviewer would give an average of all the parameters for the whole 20min. of the log. Am I looking at this right or am I all screwed up? Let me know who to read these numbers or how to get that log on here (step by step if you could) and I'll post it.

Thanx
Old 03-14-2007, 01:58 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Hey gulf... just sent you a PM...

also, let me know what tune you have loaded in your car, and if you've made any adjustments to the injector slope or PE yet.

thanks!
-Lew

Old 03-14-2007, 01:58 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
when you switch the Predator between vehicles, before you go to log anything, do the Live Table Reset. This enables the unit to read the current vehicles setup as far as what it's able to log for that particular vehicle. It'll also prompt you to select the type of tranny - auto or manual - so it knows what logging parameters to load up.
Interesting. It kept saying "vehicle not responding"...

However, i was able to check for codes...none found.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:01 PM
On The Tree

Excellent point here...I didn't even think about that.
kpssmonte, if you were flashing the car several times today, and the battery was not healthy, you may have run it down to where it was too low to flash the PCM.
The battery didn't seem any weaker, but could have been just slightly discarged,I drove 5-10 min after each tune I don't know if that is enough to keep the battery fully charged,a loose connection would mess me up to.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:03 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by BuffaloSS
Interesting. It kept saying "vehicle not responding"...

However, i was able to check for codes...none found.
I haven't had a chance to try it on the wife's Equinox yet...

did you do it with the car started up??

when you're doing the codes and logging, you can/should have the car on and running...

other than that, I can't think of any other reason why it wouldn't work... unless it can't LOG other cars and ONLY reads codes...

and for codes, it only reads the Engine ECM codes at the moment anyway, since there's no tranny support in these units yet. so any codes thrown by any other computer/system in the car won't be readable/detectable anyway.

Old 03-14-2007, 02:25 PM
On The Tree

Hey gulf... just sent you a PM...

also, let me know what tune you have loaded in your car, and if you've made any adjustments to the injector slope or PE yet.

thanks!
-Lew
Hey 06 Monte;
Sent of the log a couple of minutes ago. As stated in the email, running the Diablo tune with DOD and no other changes to the PCM from stock. Am running a K&N CAI as well. Anxious to hear back from ya here, other email, or by phone to see what you think.

Thanx again
Old 03-14-2007, 02:54 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by gulfstreamcpt
Hey 06 Monte;
Sent of the log a couple of minutes ago. As stated in the email, running the Diablo tune with DOD and no other changes to the PCM from stock. Am running a K&N CAI as well. Anxious to hear back from ya here, other email, or by phone to see what you think.

Thanx again
I've been busy going through your log and replying to your email, so I didn't see this in time ... "YOU'VE GOT MAIL!"

so depending on which place you check first, here's the reply I sent ya:

================================================

took a look at your log - did some filtering on it, and yeah - you got one WOT
run in there... I sectioned it out - if you open this log file and do a search
for "wide open" (without the quotes), you'll see where the WOT starts and ends.

Also, since you are running the tune WITH the DOD still enabled, that is
throwing off the normal cruise numbers when it switches to 4 cyl mode. What you
can do is, cruise around in 3 instead of D - that way the DOD won't kick in at
all.

But, judging by the WOT run that was in the log - your ltft is +1.563 at WOT -
which should actually lock at 0... and your O2 reading is low .85x, .84x...
so, if you haven't done any modifications to the tune at all yet, here's what I
would do:

for Injector Slope, go -2% and for the Power Enrichment ranges, go to +4% in
both RPM ranges.

If you have made changes to the tune already, add those adjustments to them -
i.e. if you already have -4% for injector slope, make it -6%... if you already
have +3% for the Power Enrichment (PE) RPM ranges, make it +7%.

Drive for a day or 2 with those new settings and then do another log and let's
see where you're at.

Again, when you do the log, drive around in 3 instead of D, that way the DOD
won't kick in and skew the numbers. Or, you can install the No DOD tune with
the adjustments I mentioned above and then drive/log while in D.

and yes, be sure get a couple WOT runs in the next log so we can see where your O2 reading is at after these adjustments have been made.

I'll be talkin' to ya...

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 03-14-2007 at 03:08 PM.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:13 PM
Staging Lane

Actually,

DOD kicks in gear 3 too. I was looking at Dashhawk and my mileage on DIC.

When dashhawk tells me I'm still in 3rd gear, the instant mileage went from 17 to 30. So, that means DOD still kicks in 3rd gear. D(4th gear) is just overdrive...You can live without anyways....

So I think he needs to load non-DOD tune???
Old 03-14-2007, 03:32 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

no it doesn't, not on the Monte's anyway... dashhawk is wrong then.. you have to be in D, be going between 25 and 75 mph for DOD to work... I can look for the specs if you like... but don't go by the dashhawk... go by the DIC where it shows you if you're in 8 or 4 cyl mode.

but I am 100% absolutely positive that DOD does not work/kick in if you are in 3... only in D.

Old 03-14-2007, 05:42 PM
On The Tree

DOD kicks in gear 3 too. I was looking at Dashhawk and my mileage on DIC.
Switch the driver info display to show cyl mode and drive in 3 and it should say 8 cyl all the time.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:18 PM
Teching In

Hey 06MonteSS... just sent you a PM...
Old 03-14-2007, 06:39 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Hey Big... just replied... but I'll be back in a bit - I'm in the garage playing around with my MAF and intake...

Old 03-14-2007, 06:49 PM
Staging Lane

no it doesn't, not on the Monte's anyway... dashhawk is wrong then.. you have to be in D, be going between 25 and 75 mph for DOD to work... I can look for the specs if you like... but don't go by the dashhawk... go by the DIC where it shows you if you're in 8 or 4 cyl mode.

but I am 100% absolutely positive that DOD does not work/kick in if you are in 3... only in D.
GXP does not show 4 or 8 cyl mode. I can only find out from instant mpg jump.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:02 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

well, don't go by that then... cuz that's wrong...

I can see that on my instant economy too, even with DOD disabled - I've got one good stretch of road on my way to and from work that's perfectly level or even a slight/undetectable slope, where either feathering it, or with cruise control on, my DIC instant economy goes from about 19 then on that stretch it goes up to about 28-29.

like I said, you have to be in D, be going between 25 and 75 mph, and no/light engine load for DOD to kick in.

If you drive around in 3, 2, or 1, you're always in V8 mode...

Quick Reply: 07 impala SS with dioblo sport?