LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

07 impala SS with dioblo sport?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 07:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have also noticed a huge improvement of Instant MPG's. I have 91 no DOD with -3% slope and +3%PE and have seen around a 25% increase at crusing speeds(65-70mph) up from around 21-22mpg to 25-26 with the same driving habbits. For anyone who has the Diablo be sure to do yourself a favor and have some fun with the logs. I am brand new to the tuning scene but might already be hooked with the help of 06MonteSS. I hope this bug doesn't ruin my bank roll with mods I hadn't planned on. I'm going to try to hold out for the 36K warranty to expire before I do anything besides FWI, tune and maybe exhaust.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:14 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

be back in a few guys... got some stuff goin' on in the garage... (like heat-shielding the MAF housing and intake tube)

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 03-14-2007, 10:48 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Bigpritch
I have also noticed a huge improvement of Instant MPG's. I have 91 no DOD with -3% slope and +3%PE and have seen around a 25% increase at crusing speeds(65-70mph) up from around 21-22mpg to 25-26 with the same driving habbits. For anyone who has the Diablo be sure to do yourself a favor and have some fun with the logs. I am brand new to the tuning scene but might already be hooked with the help of 06MonteSS. I hope this bug doesn't ruin my bank roll with mods I hadn't planned on. I'm going to try to hold out for the 36K warranty to expire before I do anything besides FWI, tune and maybe exhaust.
NICE!!! good mileage increase! WOOHOO!! How are you liking the new-found power too??

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
Old 03-14-2007, 11:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
NICE!!! good mileage increase! WOOHOO!! How are you liking the new-found power too??
Car really does become a beast. It's unreal the amount of pull you gain from a 30mph roll compared to the stock tune.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:10 PM
On The Tree

Hey 06Monte;
Gulfstream here. Been looking at the second log with the improvements you suggusted and am slowly starting to get the hang of this. Here's what I've found. At WOT my air/fuel is pretty much in line, .88x to .90x-.91x most of the time. My short term fuel trims locking in at 0 (I think as they should), but my long term fuel is still sitting around 4.688-5.469. Srill too rich do ya think? Am using the non DOD Diablo tune and the -2% injector slope and the +4 PE. Think maybe try -3 to -4 on the slope and 5-6 on the PE, what do you think?
Old 03-14-2007, 11:30 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Hey Gulf... WOT PE looks good... if your ltft at normal driving/cruise is still +4 to +5, I would do another -4 on injector slope... so if you're currently at -2% on injector slope, go to -6% on injector slope. Leave PE alone. Reason being is that since it's already where you want it, the injector slope change will make it spray MORE fuel, so we don't want to add any more to PE.

short term fuel trims will always go to zero at WOT... we need to get the LONG term fuel trim to lock at 0 during WOT.

and just an f.y.i. for everyone... if you're getting positive (+) ltft's... that means you're running LEAN, not rich... you're running lean so the computer is ADDING that much more fuel.

and vice-versa... if you're getting negative (-) ltft's, that means you're running RICH and the computer is subtracting that much fuel...

Old 03-14-2007, 11:51 PM
On The Tree

Hey 06Monte;
Did some more looking at that second log and found something interesting. Started looking at more of the normal/highway cruise parts of the log and if you look at it from line 10,000 to around 13,000 (the numbers in the far left column of the log file I sent you) the ltft's are most all in the negative for quite a long time; anywhere from -4 to -12, and again that's at highway cruise speeds. What do you make of this? Where should the ltft's be at cruise on the highway?
Old 03-15-2007, 07:37 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

yeah, what's wierd is that you're way negative during normal cruise, but still go +4 and +5 when at WOT, which should lock at zero....

on mine, I'm right between the -2 to +2 range for ltft, and I lock at 0 when I go WOT. My current settings are -6% on injector slope, and +3% for PE in both RPM ranges.

We should reset/clear your fuel trims - sent you an email with info and a reply to yours.

also, set your injector slope to -5% and both RPM ranges in PE to +3%. do the fuel trim reset and go for a ride for a little while.

on your way back home, do a log and I'll bet those ltft numbers are straightened out from the way they were before in that last log you sent me... and let's see where they're at.

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 03-15-2007 at 08:05 AM.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:14 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

ya know what Scott... don't change the slope or pe at all yet - just pull the battery cable to reset/clear the fuel trims and go do another log - I want to see where those ltft numbers come in at.

Because if your ltft's at STILL that negative after, then we'll have to go + on injector slope - cuz right now you're averaging -5% ltft, which is a little low/out of range - we can get it in line though, not to worry...

Old 03-15-2007, 08:20 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Bigpritch
Hey Big... since we adjusted your injector slope and PE ranges,, do another log in a day or two and lets see where the ltft numbers are settled in at, and we'll see if any further adjustment is needed to get you any closer.

EDIT: also, was just taking a look at one of the logs you sent me last night - you don't need to log everything - you get a poor sampling rate and a very short log - only about 6-7 minutes - which isn't long enough to really tell anything.

All you need to log is this:

Air/Fuel Ratio
Commanded Throttle Position
Engine Speed
Oxygen Sensor Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 1
Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 1
Long Term Fuel Trim Bank 1
Total Knock Spark Retard

So when you go to do a log, don't select the whole short list, you want to go in and "select from a list" - that way you can select just the above 7 parameters only, and you'll get about a 20-25 minute log with a much better sampling rate, and more useful data.

EDIT #2: K, just looked at one of your other logs that you sent - with just the 7 parameters logged looks like you can probably get a little more response outta her by going to -4% on injector slope, since you're averaging about +3.5.... no change is needed in the PE ranges, those look good.

-Lew

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 03-15-2007 at 08:52 AM.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:54 PM
TECH Resident

I just installed my 1st tune, but when I did, it didn't ask what kind of transmission I had. When I first got the Predator, I pluged it into the wall, to see if it and the adapter would boot up. When they did, to advance further, it asked for my transmission. I think, more like hope, I answered automatic, but to tell you the truth, I'm not 100% sure. Is there any way to check?

I tried to post this on the Diablosport forums, but everytime I try to pull up the site, I keep geting this Dell/Google search page. Can anyone else pull up the site?

Well, I'm about to take the car out, so we'll see. I hope all is okay.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:33 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

go into the Options menu - that's where you'll find the "transmission type" selection and you can check/change it.

and Diablo's site is down for maintenance.

Old 03-15-2007, 03:58 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks 06MonteSS.

Well, all I can say is WOW!!! This thing is definitely worth the money. I couldn't believe how much harder the car pulled. My daughter was in the car w/me and many times before I have gunned it from about 20 mph w/her in it, but today was the first time she's ever said, "Daddy, don't go so fast!"

I installed the tune w/DOD, so I can't wait to try the non DOD tune (Isn't it supposed to have a little more?). I hardly felt the "surge", and it was only sometimes, not really worth complaining about IMHO.

One last thing. If I didn't know any better, I would swear that my exhaust sounded a little quieter. Is that even possible? I don't know, maybe I'm really used to it now?

Anyway, I'll be doing some logs, then installing my CAI, hopefully this weekend. Later!
Old 03-15-2007, 04:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

When it's not in 4cyl mode its a lot quieter. Use the DIC to watch when it switches between 8 to 4 and then back to 8 and you will hear the change.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:11 AM
TECH Resident

Hey guys, I need a little help on doing some logs.

Do I start the car B4 plugging in the Diablo, or do I plug it in while the car is running? Does it matter?

Second, can I set what parameters to monitor before I take it to the car, or do I have to do that while I'm in the car, ready to drive around?

Finally, any recommendations on where to place the thing while I'm driving, so it doesn't get in the way?

TIA!

Maybe MikesimpalaSS should change the title of this thread to "Diablosport Predator Help."
Old 03-16-2007, 04:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

You can't preselect the parms. I plug mine in before, start the car, select the parms, then wait until I'm ready to start loging before I select Yes when asked if I want to log the data. I put mine pn the pass seat so it's easy to grab and select yes or glance at the real time log.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:39 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

I plug mine in when the car's already running.... while it's warming up for a couple minutes I go through and select the parameters, get it all set to go, then after driving for about 15-20 mins to bring everything up to temp, I select "Yes" to start/save the log.

Correct, you can't preselect anything - you need to be connected to your car to do anything.

And yes, same as live2ride - passenger seat, etc etc...

Old 03-16-2007, 06:51 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Corny40
Thanks 06MonteSS.

Well, all I can say is WOW!!! This thing is definitely worth the money. I couldn't believe how much harder the car pulled. My daughter was in the car w/me and many times before I have gunned it from about 20 mph w/her in it, but today was the first time she's ever said, "Daddy, don't go so fast!"

Anyway, I'll be doing some logs, then installing my CAI, hopefully this weekend. Later!
do it in the reverse order you listed - install the CAI first, then do some logs. The CAI will tend to lean you out. Well, unless you want some before and after logs to compare... (just thought of that) but ultimately, we'll need to adjust the tune for the CAI install.

So install that, do a couple logs, and let's see where you're at.

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 03-16-2007 at 07:57 AM.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:37 PM
TECH Addict

WoooooHoooooo! Got the car back and all is well! Just uploaded the 91 DoD tune and love it...just gathering some info from the forums right now and downloading some log data to check my FT's...looks to be REAL lean, 10+ for most of the drive home from the dealer with the Stock tune. I'm going out to upload the DIablo tune and filler'up and have some fun til i gotta pick up the wife.

06Monte...expect an eMail to help me understand WTH i logged, LOL. I chose a ton of parameters, not remembering what you recommended, so there will be plenty of data to look through.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:34 PM
On The Tree

Well I'll finally get my monte back tomarrow.They ended up replacing the ECM and had to reprogram everything that has to do with the ECM. So this time I'll just do the tune where I was at and leave good enough alone for now.I hope the new ECM works with the diablo.

Quick Reply: 07 impala SS with dioblo sport?