Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 11:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice Buff....btw the yankees suck.
Old 04-05-2008, 07:54 PM
On The Tree

Does this HU come with a hook-up for a rear view camera??? If so this will definatly be the unit Ill be buying for my IMP.
Old 04-05-2008, 09:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yup, the d3 has the spot for the camera. Pioneer makes a camera for it, but it's $200 (ouch)
Old 04-06-2008, 12:55 PM
TECH Addict

I heard the BOLO (or BOYO?) rvc is the one to get. Inexpensive, comparatively.
Old 04-06-2008, 01:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BuffaloSS
Thanks Rob. There are better units out there, but for this price, I don't think there is any one that has these features w/o paying a few hundred more. Kenwood makes a good unit, and Panasonic has a decent one.

Everyone bitches about having to R&R the disc when using the nav in the D3, but for as often as I'd need it (nav assistance)...if I'm going somewhere that I don't know...I'm not changing my mind in the middle...so the route is set and will stay there. What's nice, too (if I already didn't mention it) is that it will update the directions in the best way if you decide to take an alternate route...and it will do that w/o the disc, as it stores the main route and surrounding areas in memory so you can pop in a DVD (if P-brake bypass is done) or an MP3 cd and enjoy the ride.

I think the coolest feature is the iPod control on the screen...and I don't even have a damn iPod. (gonna have to steal my little bro's next time I'm there)

You should replace the Yankee logo with this

Old 04-06-2008, 01:44 PM
TECH Addict

LOL...uhhhh, yeah...I prefer a team that has won SOMEthing in 100 years, thanks.
Old 04-06-2008, 02:56 PM
TECH Junkie

LOL...uhhhh, yeah...I prefer a team that has won SOMEthing in 100 years, thanks.
I think the Angels have?
Old 04-06-2008, 03:03 PM
On The Tree

Old 04-06-2008, 08:16 PM
Staging Lane

Yankees fan here!~
Old 04-06-2008, 08:26 PM
Teching In

Looks good, enjoy..
I just installed a Z2 myself. The bluetooth feature is awesome.. I like how it automatically syncs and lets you receive calls in the car or call POIs on the map..
Old 04-07-2008, 12:36 PM
On The Tree

If Im not mistaken doesent OnStar have the calling feature??? If you have verizon you can add a line to your plan and the minutes you use from your on star comes out of your regular cell phone mins.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RedLS
If Im not mistaken doesent OnStar have the calling feature??? If you have verizon you can add a line to your plan and the minutes you use from your on star comes out of your regular cell phone mins.
Yea. However, you're still paying for the extra line(albeit only $9.99 probably, but still) and it's still a seperate phone number you'd have to use. I used to use the OnStar phone until I put the D3 in mine with the Bluetooth. It's so much nicer. Automatically connects to your phone when you get in, don't have to give people a different number. Works great. The OnStar phone works well if you're on the stock HU, but if you upgrade, the bluetooth is a must add-on. Also nice having your entire phonebook saved in there too.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:53 PM
TECH Addict

...and I don't have Verizon, or else I'd be using that feature, too. However, my wife's phone is a POS and won't connect via BT, AND she regularly forgets it at home, so it's nice to have OnStar as a backup.

And since this thread was bumped, I'll add that the Metra/Axxess GMOS interface for the Onstar and chimes does NOT connect the VSS signal for you, which is contradictory to what Metra says. You need to run a line to the VSS signal wire itself, which is located on the 10-pin harness bolted to the driver's side strut tower. I couldn't find a grommet to get through the fire wall, so I went from the tower to the headlight, up the fender, through the rubber boot at the door frame, then under the dash to the head unit. Not at all pretty, but it get's the job done and makes the GPS more accurate.

Originally Posted by FAsnakes
Looks good, enjoy..
I just installed a Z2 myself. The bluetooth feature is awesome.. I like how it automatically syncs and lets you receive calls in the car or call POIs on the map..

Really? I did not know that! Wonder if it's the same with the D3?
Old 04-09-2008, 12:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 20SS07
Automatically connects to your phone when you get in, don't have to give people a different number. Works great. The OnStar phone works well if you're on the stock HU, but if you upgrade, the bluetooth is a must add-on. Also nice having your entire phonebook saved in there too.
It is a different number, but when your in the car, you can program the phone to forward your calls to the cars onstar system. You do have to reprogram the numbers though.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Interesting, still easier and less hassle with the Bluetooth. I didn't want to pay for an extra line just for that. Don't get me wrong it's a great tool if you're still running the stock headunit, I made plenty of use out of it. But after the D3 it just seemed silly not to add on the Bluetooth.

Quick Reply: Installed AVIC-D3!