LS1 powerdyne supercharger setup for sale

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2004, 07:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS1 powerdyne supercharger setup for sale

Hello everone,

I have a Powerdyne supercharger for an LS1 for sale. It is the cast 6# setup. It includes the following.

Powerdyne 11a head unit with a 6PSI pulley
mounting bracket
Belt
All the necassary charging lines
Upgraded K&N cone filter (just cleaned and lubed)
Bosch bypass valve
Instructions
intercooler from 89 supra (perfect for the front mount)
Superchips power programmer (with the tune for the supercharger)
couplers and clamps

The Head unit has just had a full rebuild with upgraded bearings and an upgraded kevlar belt. I had this on my car for about 100 miles before i had it rebuilt, and now it has no miles on it at all. Did i also mention, it has a 11 and half months of warranty on it still?? It is transferable too, from the rebuilder. Hope this helps out The burrs have all been debured so the belt is safe not to break at all and it stays cooler.

This system is perfect for people that want horsepower and dont want any one to know about it. With the silent drive belt it is hard to hear the supercharger. The rebuild was done at a proffesional powerdyne facility and was not cheap i must add, after all the upgrades to it. I love the supercharger but i think i want to go a different route now. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

PRICE MSRP is about 3995.00

MY PRICE is 2000.00 OBO, throw prices at me too OBO

Thanx
Dan

Last edited by dans91; 10-28-2004 at 10:30 AM.
Old 10-24-2004, 09:23 AM
Staging Lane

what kind of #'s did you put down with your current mods and the powerdyne?
Old 10-24-2004, 11:02 AM
TECH Addict

Send pics to :

parbreak@comcast.net

Thanks
Bryan
Old 10-24-2004, 04:48 PM
On The Tree

sent yall a reply on the other ls1 sight

Lataz
Dan
Old 10-24-2004, 09:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KissMySS98
what kind of #'s did you put down with your current mods and the powerdyne?
IN HIS PAST POST HISTORY:

dyno'd only 379 RWHP WTF!!!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok i put on my powerdyne supercharger, 42# injectors and i have at least 7 PSI due to removing some of the piping and going with a cone filter. I am running a 2000 camaro z with an auto. I dynoed 364 RWHP at Keiths (force fed perf.) before the supercharger and now i get down to LA and i dynoed only 379 RWHP. . I dont know why i am not running any higher, you would think i would get more than 15 HP from a 6# setup. My fuel pump was upgraded to a 220 also. I dont know what could be possibly going wrong. I know my tranny just went out so maybe that could of caused it but DAMN i dont think so.

ANY UPDATE AS TO THE HP SITUATION?
ARE YOU THE FIRST OWNER/BUY IT NEW, IF NOT WHY THE REBUILD AND HOW MANY MILES DID THE PREVIOUS PERSON PUT ON IT?
ARE YOU INCLUDING THE BIGGER INJECTORS?
I'M INTERESTED AND WILL SEND AN OFFER, BUT PLEASE TELL US MORE ABOUT THE PROBLEMS.

Last edited by Magred2001vette; 10-24-2004 at 10:05 PM.
Old 10-24-2004, 10:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^Wow, good luck getting the kit sold now.
Old 10-25-2004, 01:02 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 5POINT7
^^Wow, good luck getting the kit sold now.
WOW, didnt think i would get this kind of response on such a smart board, hmmm.

I have a question for yah, do you really think it is the superchargers fault???
I have replied on ls1.com if you have any questions about WHY i had a number like that. For one Mike Morgan tuned my car on a POS dyno. A Z06 on that dyno only dynod 320 to the wheels??? Let me tell you why. On a real "REAL" dyno, you would want to put some air in front of the car, which i had no air at all, they just put my car on a dyno on a 110+ day in a storage shed looking place, with no air conditioning in front of my car, no fans nothing. HMMM that is a good reason right there, i also broke one of my plugs when i installed so i had to go with ONE different spark plug from the rest of them. I did not have my bypass valve hooked up because the vaccum line burnt on the header, it was a very bad day all in all. In fact i can take it somewhere else and have it dyno tuned but i really dont want to because they are so far away from me. If you want to pay for another dyno tune i will show you there is alot more power in this kit. Quit flamin me man and think about your comments before you speak. It is a 6 psi setup and i think that the supercharger cant be at fault, it is in the tunning!!!

Thanx
Dan
Old 10-25-2004, 01:12 AM
On The Tree

sorry i didnt post this in the above post. I did find out alot through billy at Force Fed in Sacramento. they told me that i had major detenation problems and i had air coming in to the system that the maf was not picking up on. I have not yet had it dyno tuned because i have been deployed to Iraq and the distance away is hard to get to because of the military hours that i work. Sorry, but i do go onto alot of other boards other than this one and i figured them out already, and no the injectors do not come with the set up unfortanantly , but you can find them for a pretty killer deal all the time

Dans
Old 10-25-2004, 08:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Still need to know these 4 questions:

-are you the first owner or did you buy it used?
-how many miles on it from you and previous people (before rebuild)?
-do you have all receipts/paperwork from powerdyne stating what all was done during the rebuild?
-still on the car or is it ready to ship out?

I see on LS1.com where you bought it from "toofast4you" with only 500 miles and all receipts.

AD:
powerdine 6lb. supercharger and a hot chips programer. Fits 98 to present camaro/firebird. $1,500.00. Call Tony (559) 805-6089 for more info. Will ship anywhere!

Are you neg. on the price without the import intercooler? If someone is planning on a custom tune, is there really any need for the programmer? If so, will you take $1250 for the basic kit....I know you have money in the rebuild, but the supercharger shouldn't have broken from the start(company's fault).

Last edited by Magred2001vette; 10-25-2004 at 09:12 AM.
Old 10-25-2004, 10:41 AM
On The Tree

yes, i am sorry. I bought it from my naval recruiter buddy along time ago where it sat in my garage forever (pre ranger school) then i put it on. I think the bearings whent bad or something because i thought i heard some noise coming from the car. I sent the supercharger in for just a regular rebuild but then changed my mind and went the whole 9 yards. The supercharger itself probably has only like a total of about 700 miles. I have the reciepts and the numbers for the dealer who rebuilt it, they can tell you all. It is on the car now, therefore it is not ready to ship, but it only takes me about 3 hours to pull it off of the car. I a having some rear end work done so car is idle. Pics will be up by today for everyone. I would love to take 1250 for it, but dayem that is way less then i was looking for. I can drop the price a little but not that much. I paid 1500 yes, but (yes there is a but) the supercharger was a junk load to rebuild and have all the goodies thrown at it. JLMK

Dan
Old 10-25-2004, 10:48 AM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by dans91
yes, i am sorry. I bought it from my naval recruiter buddy along time ago where it sat in my garage forever (pre ranger school) then i put it on. I think the bearings whent bad or something because i thought i heard some noise coming from the car. I sent the supercharger in for just a regular rebuild but then changed my mind and went the whole 9 yards. The supercharger itself probably has only like a total of about 700 miles. I have the reciepts and the numbers for the dealer who rebuilt it, they can tell you all. It is on the car now, therefore it is not ready to ship, but it only takes me about 3 hours to pull it off of the car. I a having some rear end work done so car is idle. Pics will be up by today for everyone. I would love to take 1250 for it, but dayem that is way less then i was looking for. I can drop the price a little but not that much. I paid 1500 yes, but (yes there is a but) the supercharger was a junk load to rebuild and have all the goodies thrown at it. JLMK

Dan
I might be interested, do you take Paypal? Lets see some pics...

Bill
Old 10-25-2004, 11:49 AM
Teching In

I'm interested, still selling?
Old 10-25-2004, 12:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm serious now and done all the research I need.....sent p/m
Old 10-25-2004, 06:33 PM
TECH Addict

Is this the head unit that break internal belts every so often? Any one know?
Old 10-25-2004, 08:20 PM
chronic masturbator

bill im pretty sure it is, its the same kit i was talking to you about this sat at norwalk, although it is a descent kit for a stock car, a car with a good set of mods will see almost no gain. BTW this is a pretty good deal

later
Gary
Old 10-27-2004, 01:27 AM
On The Tree

yes these have had problems of the belt breaking alot. With the rebuild i had done, he put higher performance bearings and a KEVLAR belt. He also grinded down the teeth a little so they werent so jagged, there should be no problems for along time. Hope this help yah out though

Dan
Old 10-27-2004, 06:37 AM
TECH Addict

Any pics of all the parts that I would get?
Old 10-27-2004, 11:26 AM
On The Tree

yes, but i cant take apart the supercharger to get pics of the inside. I can take pics of the outside for yah though.

Dan
Old 10-27-2004, 04:58 PM

ttt for ya.
Old 10-27-2004, 08:46 PM
On The Tree

Here is some pics

Overhead shot

Powerdyne supercharger plates

cone filter at bottom of car

bypass valve shot