550 Hp LQ9 408

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 12:22 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 550 Hp LQ9 408

I just bought this from a friend of mine. HE drove it for less than 5,000 miles, then replaced it with a 427 F1R blown motor. I have pics of it and I can send you some pics if you want them from Auctane_71@excite.com, The engine was dyno'd at 544 RWHP through a 12 bolt and slicks. It has the following componets:

Ported and Polished 241 heads
-Fierra Valves
-PRC dual springs
-Stage III P & P
-flow 325 cfm .600 lift
-Harland Sharp 1.8 rockers

Intake
-LS6
-Non-EGR
-90 mm P & P throttle body

Internals
-Lunati 6.125 billet rods
-Mahale coatted pistons w/ 2cc valve reliefs
-Comp Star Pro rings
-4" Lunati Stroker crank
-custom CAMotion grind at 26x
-Crane gold lifters

Block
-6.0L LQ9 Iron block bored .030
-all machine work done by a CNC machine
-All Clevite Bearrings
-All ARP bolts
-Cometic gaskettes

Fuel System
-36# SVO injectors
-Z06 fuel rails

Misc
-LS6 ported oil pump
-Jessle Double Roller Timing Chain
-Custom oil pan

This will be sold with everything you need to start right up besides waterpump, valve covers and coil pack setup.

This cost over $10,000 to build and that was because he done all of the work himself. I traded a 71 Chevy truck plus $5,000 for this engine alone. I will sell this engine right now for $7,500 obo.

I also have a tranny that I originay bought from him rated up to 700 TQ. I will include it for only $1,000 more.

I also have the other half to his latest setup that was with the 427 F1R blown motor. It is rated at 1000 HP and was modeled after the FLP Stage 5 4L60-E. He bult it himself as well. I am selling it for $3500 If you have any questions, feel free to email me, thanks for looking.

Last edited by cyphur_traq; 04-30-2005 at 10:57 AM.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:34 AM
On The Tree

How streetable was this setup? Will it run from an ls1 pcm?
Old 04-29-2005, 02:01 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You say there is 5000 miles on it.
So your telling me he got a LS2 block that has only been out for a short time did all the machine work to it, added a sleave kit which has been available even less time as the block, and put 5000 miles on it already? And now has it out because he has already had enough time to build a 427 blower motor.
Thats damn impressive.
I think you might want to go over the build sheet again.

Maybe this is a LQ9 block and not LS2 block.
Also what sleave kit makes 408 cubic inches without a different size crank? A 4.125 sleave kit is only 393 I believe on a LS1/LS6 block and wouldn't be much different on a LS2. A 4" crank in a LS2 ='s 402 cubic inches and I have never seen a sleave kit for .030 for our motor's.
Something just dosen't add up.
Sorry if I offend you but I think you might want to do some additional research and find out what you have exactly before selling it.

Edit, hey Auctane while your figureing everything out verify that is a 90mm TB you have.
It says a LS6 intake with 90mm TB.
The TB hole would be to big to have a good fit with the intake. I am not saying it isn't possible, just unlikely.
Again sorry for looking like the *** here, but if this was someone else's thread and you were interested I am sure you would be thanking me instead.

Last edited by JZ'sTA; 04-29-2005 at 11:51 AM.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:48 AM
On The Tree

Something is fishy about this guy.
Old 04-29-2005, 08:27 AM
Teching In

Just a thanks to all the guys that post in suspicious ads. It is nice to know that fellow Chevy guys are watching our backs for scammers.................................
Old 04-29-2005, 08:31 AM
Banned

Default he he he

Fishy and owned huh guys?? OK I am only putting what Voss sent me in an email. I will actually get him to send me the build sheets and scan it for you guys to see no prob. And by the way, just because you couldn't do what he did, don't be jealous, lol, all he did was work on his car, sorry if I offend you, but don't post stupid stuff in my post, unless it deals with my engine, I welcome your challange JZ's TA, i see your point, but when someone just posts "OWNED" and "Fishy", with no back up, it kind pisses me off, I hope I can help you guys out with a sell as well.

Now for the 1st question, yes the car was very streetable. He ran a custom built 2200 HD stall converter. I am not saying that all of the stats were true, but he has never gave me any reason to doubt him
Old 04-29-2005, 08:36 AM
Restricted User

2200... thats more then low too... A lot of people daily drive 3600+/- stalls with way less hp... That's weird that he only used that.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

JZ, his list includes a lunati crank.

i'm not vouching for the guy, just pointing something out.

Acutane_71, post up the build sheets or present a credible explanation for the descrepencies for the motor, please. Is it a 6.0L block or a true LS2? Clearing things like that up will help keep people from messing with your thread once they see its legit. Right now however, pictures to back up your story(casting numbers) may be necessary.

Guys, give him some time to back up his story. I think its been established that there are some things he needs to clear up. No more useless comments or crap.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:53 AM
TECH Junkie

Hey Auctane, quite buyin other **** and throw that money into finishing ur car!!!!
Old 04-29-2005, 11:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by cyphur_traq
JZ, his list includes a lunati crank.

i'm not vouching for the guy, just pointing something out.

Acutane_71, post up the build sheets or present a credible explanation for the descrepencies for the motor, please. Is it a 6.0L block or a true LS2? Clearing things like that up will help keep people from messing with your thread once they see its legit. Right now however, pictures to back up your story(casting numbers) may be necessary.

Guys, give him some time to back up his story. I think its been established that there are some things he needs to clear up. No more useless comments or crap.

I do agree with what you said above. I didn't mean to make this turn negative for the seller, just pointing out some things that didn't even out.

As far as the Launti crank goes, It dosen't say what size. Run the numbers with a sleave kit and a 4" crank to equal 408 cubic inches and now you have a sleave kit that is .030 sleaved. This again wouldn't make since.
So then I ran the numbers using a 3.9" stroke and I couldn't get 408 cube's using a normal sleave number.
So then I tried the stock crank just forged like many people do. Again didn't add up.
I ran all this last night before my post.
I wasn't trying to make the guy look like a *** and was acturally looking at the thread for my own interest. When I saw the numbers and they didn't add up I started posting.
As you can see I did say that he might want a complete build sheet to make sure he didn't get riped off himself.

Sorry for the negative comments after I posted, but I am not sorry I made the post. What it was intended to do was make sure that the item you are selling is correctly discribed, and to try and help everyone interested in this item.
I would bet what you have is a LQ9 truck block with a 4" crank and bored 30 over not using any sleaves.
Then the math adds up perfectly.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by JZ'sTA
I would bet what you have is a LQ9 truck block with a 4" crank and bored 30 over not using any sleaves.
Then the math adds up perfectly.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking, a 408 is common for an iron block, but who is gonna sleeve a block just to make a 408 from a 402? Just not worth it, you'd bore it as much as you could and get the extra cubes!
Old 04-29-2005, 04:03 PM
Banned

Default sorry guys

sorry guys, I guess I am an ***, it is infact thje LQ9 block with the Lunati crank. I called him today and he said that yea he must have told me wrong. He is mailing me his build sheet. When I receive it, I will post it up with the help of someone else. No harm no foul guys, I just must have misunderstood, sorry for that. I will take $500 off for the mistake, does that work?? Does anyone want pics? I can send them to someone cand they can post them
Old 04-29-2005, 06:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Auctane_71
sorry guys, I guess I am an ***, it is infact thje LQ9 block with the Lunati crank. I called him today and he said that yea he must have told me wrong. He is mailing me his build sheet. When I receive it, I will post it up with the help of someone else. No harm no foul guys, I just must have misunderstood, sorry for that. I will take $500 off for the mistake, does that work?? Does anyone want pics? I can send them to someone cand they can post them

Thanks for explaining.
BTW so that everyone can figure this out it is a normal combo.
4" stroke and a 4.030 bore. There is no sleave kit included as the iron block dosen't need it for the 408.
It does weigh a little extra but is stronger then the LS1/LS6 blocks.
thanks to the seller for clearing this up.
I am still wondering about the 90mm TB and LS6 intake as I didn't realize it would fit.

BTW why aren't you using this combo?
Old 04-29-2005, 07:19 PM
Banned

ill take it off your back for 2K
Old 04-29-2005, 09:42 PM
Banned

Default Tb

Funny you ask about the TB because I asked him the same thing. I measured it though and it is a little less than 4 in, so isn't that 90 mm?? It was a stock TB I was told and ported alot, would that work, I will take a pic of measuring tape tomorrow accross the center of it JZ thanks for the help and questions.

Now I am not using this setup because, LME is building me one, and I just bought it to sell it. That is what I do for a job, I buy and sell car parts I am getting a 370, it just fits my needs better

Can someone host pics for me??
Old 04-29-2005, 11:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Auctane_71
Funny you ask about the TB because I asked him the same thing. I measured it though and it is a little less than 4 in, so isn't that 90 mm?? It was a stock TB I was told and ported alot, would that work, I will take a pic of measuring tape tomorrow accross the center of it JZ thanks for the help and questions.

Now I am not using this setup because, LME is building me one, and I just bought it to sell it. That is what I do for a job, I buy and sell car parts I am getting a 370, it just fits my needs better

Can someone host pics for me??
You do know the only diff between a 370 and a 408 is the crank, right? So why wouldn't you want the extra cubes?
Old 04-30-2005, 02:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Just a heads up on this seller

I have done business with him and is a great person to deal with! He bought my heads so this wasnt a little $200 or $500 deal
Heres the link to the thread
https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts-sale/284208-west-coast-racing-stage-2-5-7-heads-ato-2-400-stall-tc-comp-cams-lifters-hpp.html
Old 04-30-2005, 10:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Acutane, if you need pics posted up let me know, send them to cyphur_traq@yahoo.com and I'll get them posted. Same for the build sheet. Thanks for clearing it up! I've edited your post to reflect the correct information.
Old 04-30-2005, 02:57 PM
10 Second Club

For the money if all is true, it's a damn good price for a long block of this caliber.
Old 04-30-2005, 11:51 PM
Banned

Default ttt

Yea, thanks cyphur, he said he mailed it to me, I asked him why he didn't just scan it, he said it was better to send me a copy of the actual build sheet, so when it gets here I will scan it then send the pics and the build sheet to you cyphur. I hope I can get this sold by next week, I am really close to getting my car done on my own, with no money from sponsors, but hopefully a suspension sponsor will have mercy on me and help me out, lol. So TTT for Sat. night

Quick Reply: 550 Hp LQ9 408