Monsoon 6.5in Mid Bass (Sail Panel) Speakers FS

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 02:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Monsoon 6.5in Mid Bass (Sail Panel) Speakers FS

EDIT:Speakers are SOLD to coolguy.

These are out of a Monsoon equipt, 2000 Z28 with 14,000miles. I just bought these from another member here on the board (XtremeLS1Z28).

Unfortunately, I didn't do my homework prior to buying these, as I assumed they would work in a TA. After doing some research (and comparing the new speakers with mine) I learned that the mid-bass speakers from a TA have dual voice coils (total of 4 wires per speaker) while the Camaros have only one voice coil (2 wires per speaker). So, please do not make the same mistake I did. These will NOT plug into a factory TA harness, but they will work in a Camaro.

These speakers appear to be in brand new condition. Looking for $40.00 shipped to the lower 48 states. PM or post if interested. I can post pics if required.

Thanks,
Gary

Last edited by GC99TA; 08-24-2005 at 07:22 AM.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

are these the ones on the side of the back seats?? not the very back ones but the middle set?? if so ill take them
Old 08-16-2005, 03:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by coolguy
are these the ones on the side of the back seats?? not the very back ones but the middle set?? if so ill take them
That's correct. These are the 6.5inch speakers that are located right next to the rear seats. I can take paypal payment at whitetransam_m6@yahoo.com or a money order. Let me know and I can have them shipped out tomorrow. Thanks.

Gary

Last edited by GC99TA; 08-16-2005 at 03:48 PM.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:21 AM
Staging Lane

are the speakers still avaliable? will they fit a 99 camaro?

if so, could you send some pictures of them. i'm willing to do 35 shipped if possible.

Last edited by benoh; 06-21-2010 at 04:41 PM.
Old 08-18-2005, 06:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by benoh
are the speakers still avaliable? will they fit a 99 camaro?

if so, could you send some pictures of them to benaroooo@hotmail.com. i'm willing to do 35 shipped if possible.
Yes, I never heard anything more from the first guy who posted, so these are still up for grabs. And, yes, they should work just fine in a 99 Camaro. However, my wife just gave birth to our baby boy last night and I'm only home long enough this morning to feed the dog and check my e-mail real quick. The soonest I can see myself getting pics for you would be Saturday or Sunday. I'm sorry. I did receive your PM. If you would like them for $35 shipped, I'll do that, but please understand that they will probably not ship until Monday. Let me know what you'd like to do and I'll get back with you as soon as I can. Thanks.

Gary
Old 08-18-2005, 07:41 AM
TECH Resident

check pm's
Old 08-18-2005, 09:46 AM
Staging Lane

check PMs ...
Old 08-18-2005, 09:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want these for certain I will send you money as soon as you message me back!!
Old 08-18-2005, 10:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GC99TA
These are out of a Monsoon equipt, 2000 Z28 with 14,000miles. I just bought these from another member here on the board (XtremeLS1Z28).

Unfortunately, I didn't do my homework prior to buying these, as I assumed they would work in a TA. After doing some research (and comparing the new speakers with mine) I learned that the mid-bass speakers from a TA have dual voice coils (total of 4 wires per speaker) while the Camaros have only one voice coil (2 wires per speaker). So, please do not make the same mistake I did. These will NOT plug into a factory TA harness, but they will work in a Camaro.

These speakers appear to be in brand new condition. Looking for $40.00 shipped to the lower 48 states. PM or post if interested. I can post pics if required.

Thanks,
Gary
I have the sail panel speaker from a 2002 trans am. I made the same mistake as I have a camaro. So if you want it for $20 shipped let me know.
matt
Old 08-19-2005, 07:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

All PMs replied to. OK guys, I made it home again this morning. To be fair about this, coolguy was the first to reply to the post, and he PM'd me back very shortly after I posted yesterday morning. So, I guess, in fairness he has 'dibs', since he was the first to express interest and say he would take them. Thanks for all the intrest guys!

coolguy, you can paypal me at the address above (whitetransam_m6@yahoo.com) and I will ship the speakers out on Monday (we aren't coming home from the hospital until Saturday evening).

benoh, you are second in line. Again, I appologize but at my last posting I hadn't heard back from the original potential buyer (coolguy).

kelliente, you are third in line and I appreaciate your interest. I will post up when these are definately sold, and/or will PM you if the first two buyers change their minds.

Mattsls1, I guess we both learned a lesson, eh? Who would have figured that the same year F-bods would use two different styles of speakers in the same hole? I'll PM you to get your pay pal address and make the arrangements once I have some money in my paypal account and things settle down around here. Thanks.

Again guys, thanks for your interest and please bear with me on my shipping and responsiveness timeline.

Gary

Last edited by GC99TA; 08-19-2005 at 07:34 AM.