Jensen 7" touchscreen in-dash, PICS INSIDE

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 07:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Jensen 7" touchscreen in-dash, PICS INSIDE

Jensen VM9511TS 7" motorized touchscreen DVD player. This was the best Jensen unit out a few months back ( I think they came out with a new unit since then). Anyways, this unit includes a TV tuner, DVD playback feature, NAVI ready (just needs the navi brain), plays SD cards, DVD cd's,
mp3 cd's..you can view pictures, etc.

This is nearly brand new...was installed back in January, but my car was hit in the front shortly after and was in the shop for almost 4 months...so this has been used for maybe 20 hours all together. Furthermore, I have been very particular with the screen, and it has no scratches, and neither does the rest of the unit. This comes with 2 controllers, preamp's for your subs, and a hook up box for your IPOD (Ipod hook up cables ARE included with the unit to get you up and running; jensen J-link cables also included), and other A/V units.

This thread shows some crappy-quality pics of the unit in my car when it was first installed, nothing's changed since then: http://www.srtforums.com/forums/show...light=vm9511ts

I bought this back in January for 549.95 from Sounddomain.com.

Anyways, here are all the specs (copied from sounddomain):
The VM9511TS is the most complete all-in-one mobile theater from Jensen, and then some. The VM9511TS can play DVD, CD, or MP3 discs, send a second source to a back-seat screen, and read your SD (Secure Digital) memory cards full of MP3/WMA/JPEG files. Full touch panel control with on-screen menus and icons makes operation a breeze. The VM9511TS is a single DIN receiver that incorporates an AM/FM tuner with a DVD/CD/MP3/WMA player, a UHF/VHF TV tuner, front-panel SD memory card reader, a 7" motorized widescreen display, and 20 watts x 4 internal power. The VM9511TS also has an auxiliary A/V input, jLink iPod input cable with A/V dock connector, rear video output, and 6-channel preamp outputs. Multi-zone control allows for more than one audio/video source to be enjoyed by front seat and back seat passengers simultaneously. You can even add a full GPS navigation system or satellite radio tuner (available separately) for more options. A full-function A/V remote is included, as well as a simplified "Kid Zone" remote and an on-glass TV antenna.

FeaturesTouch Panel Display
Slide Out 7" Widescreen TFT Screen
High Pixel 1440 x 234 Resolution
Motorized Multi-Stage Tilt
Front Panel LCD Display
Selectable Viewing Modes
MP3 & WMA Playback from CD & DVD (GIGA MP3)
Front Panel SD Memory Card Reader
DVD-R/W, DVD+R/W, & CD-R/W Compatible
ID3 & WMA Tag Readout
Built-In UHF/VHF TV Tuner with Included Antenna
MPEG, VCD, SVCD, JPEG, AVI, & Photo CD Playback
On-Screen Display (OSD) & Menus
Dual Zone - Front Audio & Rear DVD Video
Parental Control with Password
Selectable Jensen Plus Worldwide AM/FM Tuner with Presets
Satellite Radio Ready & CD Changer Control
5.1 Channel 2V Preamp Audio Outputs
Subwoofer Preamp Output with Level Control & Crossover
Auxiliary Audio/Video Input
NAV100 Navigation System Input
Dedicated Rear Camera Input with Reverse Override
jLink iPod Connection Cable with Audio/Video Input
Included iPod Interface Cable has an Apple-Approved Dock Connector
Rear Zone Audio/Video Outputs
4-Channel MOSFET Amplifier
Compact Media Center Hideaway Box with A/V Inputs
Full-Function Remote Control
Simplified "Kid Zone" Remote Control
On-Glass TV Antenna Included
1/8" Mini Jack & F-Connector TV Antenna Inputs

SpecificationsMain Unit Mounting Depth (DIN): 7"
LCD Resolution: 336,960 pixels
Playback Formats: DVD (region 1 only), MPEG, CD, VCD, SVCD, Photo CD, AVI, JPEG, HDCD, MP3, WMA
Video Format: NTSC/PAL Switchable (TV tuner is NTSC only)
DVD Frequency Response: 20-20,000 Hz
DVD Signal-to-Noise (S/N) Ratio: 95 dB
DVD Dynamic Range: >95 dB
Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): 0.05%
Preamp Outputs: 6 Channels Audio, 2 Composite Video
Preamp Inputs: 1 Stereo Audio, 2 Composite Video
Amplifier Power (Peak): 60W x 4
Amplifier Power (RMS): 18W x 4 (CEA-2006 Certified)
TV Tuning: ch. 2-69 UHF/VHF
FM Sensitivity: 9 dBf
CD Changer Control: Yes

Step-Up Features from the VM9511:
Touch Panel Display
Integrated SD Memory Card Reader
NAV100 Navigation System Input
Higher Power Amplifier
Shipping: 9.9 lbs
Warranty: 1 year

And here is the CNET review (copied from CNET):
The Jensen VM9511TS does about everything an in-car media receiver could possibly do. From its ability to play nearly every modern audio-format (including MP3, WMA, XM Satellite, and AM/FM radio and SD-card files), to its crisp DVD playback via a 7-inch widescreen monitor, to its TV reception and ability to act as a giant iPod, this is one heady head unit. Like the Jensen VM9510TS, its older sibling, the VM9511TS has two display interfaces. One is a blue, backlit dot-matrix LCD display, which is visible only when the unit is in stowed-away mode. The other is a pop-up TFT touch-screen that emerges from its single-DIN body with the whirr of a motor.

In stowed-away mode, the unit looks like a fairly commonplace stereo receiver--the subtle presence of an SD card slot is the only clue to its uberfunctionality. Even in regular, single-DIN configuration, there is still little to point toward the VM9511TS's usability. Two joystick ***** on either end of the faceplate and six preset buttons can be used to control the tuner and to navigate CDs, but there are no markings for the standard audio controls (play/ pause/ skip/ search). Users will have to experiment with the right-hand joystick to work out how to skip or pause tracks. (We found that pushing it upwards sometimes had the effect of pausing the CD, and sometimes it didn't.)

The backlit LCD display provides only track number and playing time for CDs, and no ID3 information is shown for MP3 or WMA CDs. But these gripes are mere bagatelles--with a press of the "open" button, the true character of the VM9511TS begins to emerge.

A cluster of logos on the bottom of the touch screen reveals an array of features about this receiver. It can handle MP3s, WMAs, CDs, DVDs (video and R/W), and auxiliary inputs. It is "Made for iPod" and is XM-Satellite ready. It plays audio in Dolby Digital Pro-Logic II at 60 watts per each of its four channels. And that's not all. A glance at the VM9511TS's standalone media module (through which it outsources all its media connections) shows that it can be hooked up to a TV antenna (included with the unit), as well as Jensen's Nav 100 car navigation system (sold separately). Also compatible is Jensen's optional iAux-3 module, which enables the connection of any portable MP3 player via an auxiliary jack and ports for composite audio and video.

Those who are going to invest in the Jensen VM9511TS multimedia receiver will have to set aside a day to install it. We connected the system to up to four main speakers, but there are also dedicated RCA cables to hook up an additional six speakers via an external amplifier, including a subwoofer and two rear surround-sound speakers. Other connections include provision for wireless headphones, two additional rear screens and a back-up camera connected via the reverse gear in the shifter.

Perhaps the most innovative feature of the Jensen VM9511TS is its dedicated iPod interface, which allows all iPod models to be connected and played via the head unit while simultaneously being recharged. With our iPod Nano connected in audio mode, controls on the MP3 player itself were disabled. Control of all functions devolved to either a virtual iPod dial on the touch screen (our preferred interface) or one of two remote controllers.

Using the touch screen's wheel, users can select play lists, artists, albums, or songs in a similar fashion to using the iPod itself. Using the remote control is a little less intuitive and requires reference to the manual to establish that the forward search button activates the iPod menu screen and the skip buttons scroll through the options.

One bug that we found with the iPod interface was that the unit sometimes failed to recognize our iPod when we plugged it in--a problem that we finally remedied by pushing the reset button on the side of the media module.

The video features on the VM9511TS are impressive. The unit has a versatile 16-position tilting screen, and it offers video playback in a range of aspect ratios, including standard 4 x 3, widescreen 16 x 9, and "cinema" configurations. Picture quality is good for DVDs, although we had difficult getting a clear TV picture with the 16-inch rabbit-ear antennae, despite being on the 5th floor in a static office building; getting a clear episode of Oprah will prove to be even more trouble when on the move. A secondary tuner module enables the VM9511TS to be hooked up to a cable or satellite signal.

The VM9511TS is a high-end media receiver that will open up a world of in-car media options for those willing to take the time to install it.

I can copy the receipt if need be to prove what I paid originally.

PICTURES:

Also, just to prevent any further confusion, here are large pictures of the open view of both models...you can read right on their screens that some of the things written on the 95 is not on the 93 (dolby digital, mosfet, RMS wattage, navigation ready, etc.) and other obvious differences are visable.

VM9511TS---This is the unit I am selling

VM9311ts---This is NOT what I am selling, this is an older model

Hope that helps!

Looking for 420 shipped obo!!
Old 06-24-2007, 07:42 PM
On The Tree

if you still have it in a week i will buy it

thanks joe
Old 06-24-2007, 09:32 PM
Teching In

pm sent to you.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:58 AM
Teching In

bump for morning.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:44 PM
Teching In

pm's replied to.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:50 PM
Teching In

price?
Old 06-25-2007, 09:43 PM
Teching In

at the bottom of my first post, 420.00 shipped.
thanks
Old 06-26-2007, 01:54 AM
TECH Addict

where are you located?
Old 06-26-2007, 12:20 PM
Teching In

Ohio.

PM's replied.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:10 PM
Teching In

night bump.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:15 AM
Teching In

morning bump
Old 06-27-2007, 11:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

PM'ing you
Old 06-27-2007, 12:31 PM
Teching In

replied!
Old 06-27-2007, 06:21 PM
Teching In

bump!!
Old 06-28-2007, 11:45 PM
TECH Resident

Answer this why would I buy this if I can get it brand new for 380?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jensen-VM9412-DV...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 06-29-2007, 12:28 AM
Teching In

^ I think you need to learn how to read befor you try and bash someones post. The model that he is selling is alot better then the one you put the link to and is worth more. If you have no intention of buying it then keep your coments to yourself and go buy your ebay one
Old 06-29-2007, 12:55 AM
Launching!

Nice....
Old 06-29-2007, 01:24 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by speedbikelvr
^ I think you need to learn how to read befor you try and bash someones post. The model that he is selling is alot better then the one you put the link to and is worth more. If you have no intention of buying it then keep your coments to yourself and go buy your ebay one

Ur a dummy, Look at the features... WHATS THE DIFFRENCE? Moron, all Im saying is dont offer something that u can get for brandnew cheaper. What I posted in the 2007 model minus the USB port, Only diffrence... Jesus
Old 06-29-2007, 02:05 AM
Teching In

Are you kidding me, You are the moron. Like I said learn how to READ. The unit he is selling...Let me make this simple for you
His unit: The cheaper one you think is better:
60 watts x4 40 watts x 4
I-pod ready Need to buy a jLink $39.99
24 bit dac 18 bit dac
336,960 pixels 296,640 pixels

I can go on and make you feel more like the dummy, but consider this the end off it, and like I said

Last edited by speedbikelvr; 06-29-2007 at 05:03 PM.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:40 AM
Teching In

the stupidity of people on forums is baffling; yet another thread basher that is comparing apples to oranges...The guy's just mad because he lowballed me and I told him I was looking for a little more.

Thanks for the support speedbikelvr.

Guys, i'm not trying to rip anyone off here. I am selling THIS MODEL for a very fair price. Sure, there are other models that are cheaper. If you want them, then by them. But if you want a great head unit with great features at a very affordable price, this is the one you want!

Last edited by obselite; 06-29-2007 at 03:05 AM.

Quick Reply: Jensen 7" touchscreen in-dash, PICS INSIDE