LSX Series Beltdrive Vacuum Pump Kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 10:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LSX Series Beltdrive Vacuum Pump Kit

I was going to use it be I am holding off for a little while.

Price from GZ Motorsports is $749.00

Sale price is $650.00 or open to trades plus cash.

Here is what you get. (see below pic) I am missing one spacer you can get at a hardware store and will try to locate before shippment. :damnyou:

Write up about it.

Our LSX Series kit is for the popular LS1-LS7 Series Chevrolet engine and specifically designed to fit perfectly in C5 and C6 Corvettes, Firebirds, Camaros and the GTO. LS1/LS7 Chevrolet engines are well known for a lot of blow by and resultant contamination of the intake charge with oil forced past the rings into the combustion chamber. This kit eliminates that and allows the rings to seal more affectively, thus adding horse power as well as eliminating unsightly oil leaks.

This new LSX Kit uses the popular GZMS Sportsman vacuum pump (VP101A) which is bolted to the head on the passenger side with a custom stud bolt and set of spacers. A custom designed brace bracket attached to the vacuum pump and the head. The stock tensioner pulley is replaced by a custom designed billet aluminum pulley that is slightly larger (3.5" dia), 6 rib serpentine with a 14 tooth Gilmer pulley combined to drive the pump. The pump is driven by a 5.4" 46 tooth Gilmer vacuum pump pulley using an included 22.5" long Gilmer belt, which results in a perfect pump speed of 63% engine speed. The inlet from the pump is attached to a custom designed billet replacement oil fill cap (VCB103), which also holds the vacuum control valve that comes with the kit (VCV103). The outlet of the pump goes to a custom designed double baffled aluminum breather tank (BT3) that sits snugly between the frame and the radiator on the passenger side. 5' of #10 Stainless braided hose and (2) #10AN 90's, (2) #10AN straights along with the necessary fittings for the pump and the tank are supplied with the kit for an even more simple installation. Also included are the stud bolt and spacer for the head and the bracket with 10 mm cap screw.

Everything is easily installed on the engine with the only typical modifications being to bend the AC line out of the way of the vacuum pump pulley and sometimes needing to loosen up the radiator reservoir and moving as far outward as possible to avoid the end of the brace bracket. The provided Gilmer belt is the correct length and varies between tight and loose depending on engine temperature. The installed kit makes in excess of 15 or so inches of vacuum without the vacuum control valve, which can be adjusted lower to suit the owner and engine builders desires
Old 01-16-2008, 10:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default LSX Series Beltdrive Vacuum Pump Kit

(Mods only reason its posted here is cause 9times out of 10 a FI person would use this)

I was going to use it be I am holding off for a little while.

Price from GZ Motorsports is $749.00

Sale price is $650.00 or open to trades plus cash.

Here is what you get. (see below pic) I am missing one spacer you can get at a hardware store and will try to locate before shippment. :damnyou:

Write up about it.

Our LSX Series kit is for the popular LS1-LS7 Series Chevrolet engine and specifically designed to fit perfectly in C5 and C6 Corvettes, Firebirds, Camaros and the GTO. LS1/LS7 Chevrolet engines are well known for a lot of blow by and resultant contamination of the intake charge with oil forced past the rings into the combustion chamber. This kit eliminates that and allows the rings to seal more affectively, thus adding horse power as well as eliminating unsightly oil leaks.

This new LSX Kit uses the popular GZMS Sportsman vacuum pump (VP101A) which is bolted to the head on the passenger side with a custom stud bolt and set of spacers. A custom designed brace bracket attached to the vacuum pump and the head. The stock tensioner pulley is replaced by a custom designed billet aluminum pulley that is slightly larger (3.5" dia), 6 rib serpentine with a 14 tooth Gilmer pulley combined to drive the pump. The pump is driven by a 5.4" 46 tooth Gilmer vacuum pump pulley using an included 22.5" long Gilmer belt, which results in a perfect pump speed of 63% engine speed. The inlet from the pump is attached to a custom designed billet replacement oil fill cap (VCB103), which also holds the vacuum control valve that comes with the kit (VCV103). The outlet of the pump goes to a custom designed double baffled aluminum breather tank (BT3) that sits snugly between the frame and the radiator on the passenger side. 5' of #10 Stainless braided hose and (2) #10AN 90's, (2) #10AN straights along with the necessary fittings for the pump and the tank are supplied with the kit for an even more simple installation. Also included are the stud bolt and spacer for the head and the bracket with 10 mm cap screw.

Everything is easily installed on the engine with the only typical modifications being to bend the AC line out of the way of the vacuum pump pulley and sometimes needing to loosen up the radiator reservoir and moving as far outward as possible to avoid the end of the brace bracket. The provided Gilmer belt is the correct length and varies between tight and loose depending on engine temperature. The installed kit makes in excess of 15 or so inches of vacuum without the vacuum control valve, which can be adjusted lower to suit the owner and engine builders desires
Old 01-16-2008, 11:32 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wish you had decided to sell that thing a bit earlier man!!
Old 01-16-2008, 11:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 88GT&69ss
wish you had decided to sell that thing a bit earlier man!!
Tell me about it. I am going to go with a Gen TTR twin kit and be 100%street car so its not needed.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:59 AM
Launching!

sounds sweet! man should be awesome!!
Old 01-16-2008, 01:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

$650 Shipped $600.00 Local
Old 01-17-2008, 06:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

TTTfor Today
Old 01-18-2008, 06:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Someone asked the question via pm if I take paypal. The answer is yes and I can take all of your wonderful credit cards too via paypal.

Due note I am leaving work today at 10am so if anyone is interested please give me a call on my cell so I can pack and ship over the weekend. Cell 832-866-7406

-Tim
Old 01-18-2008, 05:57 PM
Launching!

Bump for a sweet vacuum pump setup.....i bought one for my car after i seen his! really cool setup` easy to install!
Old 01-21-2008, 06:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sold for $650.00 Sat morning Thanks ls1tech!