LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

2009 LTX Shootout classes and rules have been posted

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 10:53 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I might come out in N/A if the car count is good and if 10.50`s will be enough to give me a chance

are trasbrakes allowed and is it a .400 protree?

Last edited by Dave J; 11-22-2008 at 11:05 AM.
Old 11-22-2008, 11:54 AM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

Originally Posted by Dave J
I might come out in N/A if the car count is good and if 10.50`s will be enough to give me a chance

are trasbrakes allowed and is it a .400 protree?
Your car should be competitive in the Modified NA class.....there might be a few cars capable of more...but they still have to make weight and run the # pass after pass.

We tried to make the weight minimums reachable for the majority of the cars in the class without having to do heavy cutting on the cars.....its always easier to add weight than take it out.

And as stated before the Extreme street class was designed around the average "street' build....I think the 275-60-15 MT radial will be able to hold the power those cars will make.....now will they be able to do 7000 RPM dump the clutch launches...maybe not, but they shouldn't fight traction on those tires.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:29 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
What would be holding you up Mech? Just won't be the same with out us drinking watching you do an opti swap
Can always count on you Ellis. The car is running well actually. Cant make it because the race is so close to my daughters graduation date. Other setbacks have developed of late. My vision is impared because of a stroke. Still kicking though. With one eye patched, I can still hold it sraight for 10 seconds or so. If I,m still alive, count me in for 2010!

Mec
Old 11-22-2008, 12:51 PM
Grr
TECH Fanatic

LTx Extreme Street PA, how will a roots blower come into play here? I may be making a new sheetmetal intake, but possible still using parts of the stocker. Not going to be making HUGE power or anything, maybe 550whp but this is the class i will be running in.
Gary
Old 11-22-2008, 02:08 PM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

it will all depend on the roots blower you are using.

something like some of the smaller Eaton blower will most likely be OK...but if you are talking about an 8/71 or 14/71 we might have an issue
Old 11-22-2008, 02:15 PM
11 Second Club

I think I just might have a couple classes to run in! See you all there!!!!
Old 11-22-2008, 02:20 PM
Grr
TECH Fanatic

just an eaton, use of wipers and such requires no cutting of the cowl, all gonna be under trhe stock hood so it shouldnt be a problem then
Old 11-22-2008, 02:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Grr
just an eaton, use of wipers and such requires no cutting of the cowl, all gonna be under trhe stock hood so it shouldnt be a problem then

You should be fine. what size is it? I am guessing up to a 2.2 shpould be ok.

Sorry to hear that Mech if there is any thing we can do pick up the phone and call!
Old 11-22-2008, 06:43 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Sorry to hear that Mech if there is any thing we can do pick up the phone and call!
You Da Man Ellis.
Old 11-22-2008, 06:54 PM
Staging Lane

Whats up with the street class and not allowing th350 trans or th400s that sucks?
Old 11-22-2008, 07:31 PM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

Originally Posted by nonosvt
Whats up with the street class and not allowing th350 trans or th400s that sucks?

its strictly because we had to draw the line somewhere....Extreme street is for the avg, mild daily driver type street build....the TH350/400/powerglide brings in a whole new type of car into this class.

We feel the avg NA car in this class will be a mid/low 11 sec car...there might be a few cars that might be able to run in the very high tens but they won't be the meat of the field.

Tire, transmission, and intake manifold are the main limiting factors for this class....if we allowed any tire or trans options in Extreme street this would allow many cars that should be running in the Modified class to drop down to ES and dominate the AVG guy.

Extreme street = Avg street build
Modified = street/strip bruisers
Outlaw = The Big Dogs

We knew that some of the changes we were making were going to move some people out of classes they were hoping to run....but its really hard to make rules that will get the end result of what we are wanting but still make everyone happy.

I hope people can understand we are trying to have a solid foundation of rules that will allow people to build a car to the rules and not make the rules fit every car.
Old 11-22-2008, 11:27 PM
Staging Lane

Hmm well that sucks I have a high 10 sec street car with a th350. The only reason i didnt go with a 4l60 is b/c there like 2 k for a good one that will hold up. Well i'll just run a bracket class i guess.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

try ur luck in modified too...
Old 11-23-2008, 08:00 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the outlaw rules. I wish the other classes weren't as restrictive, but I definetly see the need for it.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:50 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
I like the outlaw rules. I wish the other classes weren't as restrictive, but I definetly see the need for it.
im sure ur talking about the weight minimums... i agree too.... us low HP guys need some way to go fast
Old 11-24-2008, 09:37 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ Pretty much. With everyone only running 1 engine I think it would be cool if the weight breaks were more on an even level. Say you gave someone who is running stock heads a 25lb weight break over another who is running AFR raised runner heads. Things of that manner would make it slightly more complicated, but also make the event more of a level playing field for those who don't have a lot of money.

I'm building an LT1 engine out of all the spare parts I have to put in my 95. I'd love to attend this event, but at the cost of driving out there, hotel, etc it doesn't make sense when you know you aren't going to be close to competitive to attend. If my Frankenstein combo could run competitively due to weight breaks I'd be rushing my *** off to finish it.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

so the old fat man is a bit interested maybe ill make it out and if i can get the right tire i think that extreme street class will give me a real good chance and then the modified power adder class as well not as much of a chance there but will still be strong. now i just gotta finish my project test and tune it and hope for that low 10 high 9s DD
Old 11-24-2008, 02:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Guys, good job upping the turbo to 70mm in the LTX Extreme Street Power Adder Class! It will surely make for a more competitive class!

Jon
Old 11-24-2008, 03:34 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
^ Pretty much. With everyone only running 1 engine I think it would be cool if the weight breaks were more on an even level. Say you gave someone who is running stock heads a 25lb weight break over another who is running AFR raised runner heads. Things of that manner would make it slightly more complicated, but also make the event more of a level playing field for those who don't have a lot of money.

I'm building an LT1 engine out of all the spare parts I have to put in my 95. I'd love to attend this event, but at the cost of driving out there, hotel, etc it doesn't make sense when you know you aren't going to be close to competitive to attend. If my Frankenstein combo could run competitively due to weight breaks I'd be rushing my *** off to finish it.
i agree, but i think that would make it way to complicated... u would be tearing into so many cars and making so many notes it would be crazy...

i heard they have showers at kcir.... hmmm maybe stay in the trailer or truck all weekend? haha
Old 11-24-2008, 03:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CamaroRacing12
i heard they have showers at kcir.... hmmm maybe stay in the trailer or truck all weekend? haha
ha that'd be awesome throw an air matress in the trailer inhale gas fumes all night wake up nice and fresh in the morning lol

Quick Reply: 2009 LTX Shootout classes and rules have been posted