Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Elliott's94Z
LMAO X2
Old 03-10-2009, 07:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by RamAir95TA
Unbelievable.

You wouldn't give AI your business because a board member you don't like uses their product?

Think about that.

Yep. 100% correct. There's more than 1 way to go fast in case you didn't know. It's the EXACT same reason why I stick with an LT1 and won't go to an LS1. Listening to the local retards around here who are 20 years old and don't know dick about cars and think that nothing ever ran 12's before the LS1 came along.

I don't want to give them the satisfaction, or my money.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What does someones attitude have to do with what you purchase and bolt to your engine? He has an LT1, so why do you?

Your logic baffles me.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

What does someones attitude have to do with what you purchase and bolt to your engine? He has an LT1, so why do you?

Your logic baffles me.
It's the way he talks down upon everyone elses combo that isn't AI as though it's total ****. It bugs me. Like his blistering 11.95's in 50 degree weather (12.20's when it's warm ) are a sight to behold. Ai makes some great stuff, BUT so do a lot of other people, and he simply refuses to accept that.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by joelster
It's the way he talks down upon everyone elses combo that isn't AI as though it's total ****. It bugs me. Like his blistering 11.95's in 50 degree weather (12.20's when it's warm ) are a sight to behold. Ai makes some great stuff, BUT so do a lot of other people, and he simply refuses to accept that.
He doesn't talk down about my combo and I don't use Ai's stuff...Speed had issues with his last set up and he's now running the mph he should using Ai...I'm glad the stuff works and its very cool to be in the 120plus mph club...Don't care who he used...

--Alan
Old 03-10-2009, 09:34 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im not sure but I think he was talking about 96capricemanager.Anyone on here over the years knows how he is.Probably the biggest dick on ls1tech.Sorry but how many different threads are out there with him totally downing other peoples combos?And just pissing people off.I will be the first to admit that he really knows his stuff but damn he doesnt know how to make people want to listen to what he says.Some people know how to help others with respect but he hasnt got the point yet.I doubt he ever will.He makes me want to stay away from A.I.Even when I know A.I. can make my car run like a bat out of hell.I may be wrong but thats the way i feel about that.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

It just baffles me you guys take it so personally that you won't even use the parts he has on his car. Utterly amazing.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:53 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

224/230 107 lsa 106 icl lift was in the low 600's. A cam that trashed a set of springs within an oil change interval and obviously was not tested for longetivity or reliability before being sold to the pulbic doesn't exactly impress me.
Yeah that was a Bert Bauer cam for sure.

I got a story to tell!

I went to Bert after hearing he was a great cam guy for LT1s. I told him my goals and that the car was a daily driver that saw some track time and some long trips now and then and what not. The cam I was given was 224/232 .605/.605 107.5 LSA cam. I had just put all kinds of money into my LPE heads having them freshened with new valves, springs retainers, valve job, couple new seats and guide liners etc. I also freshened my stock short block with a hone, moly rings, Clevite H bearings, etc

Put the motor together with proper length pushrods and set the springs where old Bert told me to set them. It lasted almost 1,400 miles 9600 of which was my one way trip to PA from NC) before dropping the intake valve on the #1 cylinder. It took a real big toll on my Lingenfelter cylinder heads and also destroyed one piston and rod. When I took it apart and tested the springs most only had 80-90lbs of pressure at the installed height they were set in at. The pressure was 135lbs when the heads were assembled 1,400 miles earlier.

I had to put nearly $1,000 in my heads to have them fixed CORRECTLY after the damage. This included welding in several areas, surfacing, new springs again, a few guides, a few guide liners, retainers, seals, locks, and locators. That cam really took a toll on my heads. All I reused was the castings. If anyone wonders why I spent so much to fix them instead of scrapping them, it was because I already had so much in them and couldn't afford to get a set of AI heads at the time.

It was a pretty bad experience for me. I had just got done building a motor, it lasted 1,400 miles and then had to build another one? Nope, my money was gone. My car was down for 7-8 months due to this.

Notice Lloyd Elliot no longer uses the self proclaimed valvetrain guru's cams. The guy didn't know what he was doing. He was using us for guinea pigs and some **** ran and some didn't. Worse yet some broke like mine. Needless to say I never have any good to say about that guy.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:58 PM
11 Second Club

It just baffles me you guys take it so personally that you won't even use the parts he has on his car. Utterly amazing.
It makes everyone want to use someone else just to beat him and shut his *** up! Ive tried agreeing with him and he is just a so stuck on his combo he cant appreciate anyone elses!
Old 03-10-2009, 10:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Listen to yourselves! I seriously can't stop laughing.

For anyone who beats a LE car with an AI combo, there will be an AI combo beating a LE car. But hey, whose counting?

Old 03-10-2009, 10:03 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by fergymoto
Yeah that was a Bert Bauer cam for sure.

I got a story to tell!

I went to Bert after hearing he was a great cam guy for LT1s. I told him my goals and that the car was a daily driver that saw some track time and some long trips now and then and what not. The cam I was given was 224/232 .605/.605 107.5 LSA cam. I had just put all kinds of money into my LPE heads having them freshened with new valves, springs retainers, valve job, couple new seats and guide liners etc. I also freshened my stock short block with a hone, moly rings, Clevite H bearings, etc

Put the motor together with proper length pushrods and set the springs where old Bert told me to set them. It lasted almost 1,400 miles 9600 of which was my one way trip to PA from NC) before dropping the intake valve on the #1 cylinder. It took a real big toll on my Lingenfelter cylinder heads and also destroyed one piston and rod. When I took it apart and tested the springs most only had 80-90lbs of pressure at the installed height they were set in at. The pressure was 135lbs when the heads were assembled 1,400 miles earlier.

I had to put nearly $1,000 in my heads to have them fixed CORRECTLY after the damage. This included welding in several areas, surfacing, new springs again, a few guides, a few guide liners, retainers, seals, locks, and locators. That cam really took a toll on my heads. All I reused was the castings. If anyone wonders why I spent so much to fix them instead of scrapping them, it was because I already had so much in them and couldn't afford to get a set of AI heads at the time.

It was a pretty bad experience for me. I had just got done building a motor, it lasted 1,400 miles and then had to build another one? Nope, my money was gone. My car was down for 7-8 months due to this.

Notice Lloyd Elliot no longer uses the self proclaimed valvetrain guru's cams. The guy didn't know what he was doing. He was using us for guinea pigs and some **** ran and some didn't. Worse yet some broke like mine. Needless to say I never have any good to say about that guy.
Brett or LLoyd? I know for a fact tons of guys swear by BB cams still.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thread has reached a point where you guys are representing both products poorly. STOP your crying and move on. From what it looks like "RamAir" you don't run either so STFU and AC, find something better to do with your time rather then waste your time with these ****** and go drive your car.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:11 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't follow your question. Bret or Llyod what?
Old 03-10-2009, 10:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ROWDYZ28
This thread has reached a point where you guys are representing both products poorly. STOP your crying and move on. From what it looks like "RamAir" you don't run either so STFU and AC, find something better to do with your time rather then waste your time with these ****** and go drive your car.
Only folks crying here are the whiners about 96caprice. And thanks for being so concerned about my time, but it's my time. If you don't like what I type, don't read it.

And if you must know, I'm running AI's 200cc package, along with the ported intake on a forged 383, 12.5:1 compression, with LPP long tubes, CPT 4L60E transmission, 4000 Yank, with a Wolfe cage, all BMR suspension on top of Weld Prostars, all through a Ford 9".

Capiche?
Old 03-10-2009, 10:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

Speaking solely in statistics, compared to his old LE package, the new AI setup is performing better. Why is that so hard to believe?

Sorry for calling it like it is. Results don't lie.

And I find it amusing for folks to bash either one. Both companies are providing services to the LT1 crowd that didn't exist 5 years ago. Both provide comparable gains at comparable price tags, and have comparable customer service. Sure, there's going to be all kinds of competition between the two, but everyone forgets the similarities.

I, personally, am going with AI.
Only folks crying here are the whiners about 96caprice. And thanks for being so concerned about my time, but it's my time. If you don't like what I type, don't read it.

And if you must know, I'm running AI's 200cc package, along with the ported intake on a forged 383, 12.5:1 compression, with LPP long tubes, CPT 4L60E transmission, 4000 Yank, with a Wolfe cage, all BMR suspension on top of Weld Prostars, all through a Ford 9".

Capiche?
Not trying to get involved with you and whoever here but your being kinda contradictory. Are you going with an Ai package or do you actually run a Ai package???
Old 03-10-2009, 10:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

I have the AI package. Engine is assembled at the shop. Waiting for an opening in the garage to get it in.

Sorry for the mix-up.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

I have the AI package. Engine is assembled at the shop. Waiting for an opening in the garage to get it in.

Sorry for the mix-up.
NP...BTW Hows your CPT Trans? Was going to have Frank do mine but I can't get ahold of him??? Can't beat his prices and all the good I've heard but seems like he fell off the face of the earth.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:47 PM
TECH Resident

It's just annoying to hear someone constantly bashing setups. I don't understand how people are that way. It does seem like he bashes any setup that isn't his. I know you guys know who I'm talking about. He never shuts up. To the OP good luck with the setup man I'm sure you'll be happy.

Quick Reply: Finally have some track results for my Ai 200cc heads/cam combo