LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

rwhp numbers LE vs AI

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 04:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by blackz6sp
Not with a M6, I could trap a good 3mph faster in my buddy's car than he could, driver is a big factor in a M6 car

Ok I'll concede to that statement about you goofy third pedal guys... but in general you can screw up a launch and still trap high...and I've seen way too many folks with huge dyno numbers and low traps...I beat a 434ci C4 Corvette last year with a 466 rwhp dyno sheet, both in ET and MPH...That should not happen...

--Alan
Old 03-04-2009, 04:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ABA383
Ok I'll concede that statement about you goofy third pedal guys... but in general you can screw up a launch and still trap high...

--Alan

Agreed
Old 03-04-2009, 04:23 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ABA383
Ok I'll concede to that statement about you goofy third pedal guys... but in general you can screw up a launch and still trap high...and I've seen way too many folks with huge dyno numbers and low traps...I beat a 434ci C4 Corvette last year with a 466 rwhp dyno sheet, both in ET and MPH...That should not happen...

--Alan
i hate to be a 'r but ABA383's car seriously inspires me to keep my baby cam, get some nicely ported LE2 heads and possibly just to a 355 or 383 if money allows. His car is plain nasty and i just love saying, yea its just got a lil baby cam
Old 03-04-2009, 04:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
i hate to be a 'r but ABA383's car seriously inspires me to keep my baby cam, get some nicely ported LE2 heads and possibly just to a 355 or 383 if money allows. His car is plain nasty and i just love saying, yea its just got a lil baby cam
Hahahaha! Thanks...I love telling folks I run a lil 226/234 cam...I have to credit Joe Overton for that...I could have gone bigger and most said that Joe's selection was wayyy too small...He assured me that the car would drive look a stocker and run like a race car...Thanks Joe...Remember that my first cam was an even weenier LPE 211/219...

And I'm still at 3625 lbs or something like that...Hate to think what would happen with a little weight reduction...Hell I lost 35 lbs since my divorce...mmmmmm..... And I think Ai carries a similar cam...That would be a good choice..

--Alan
Old 03-04-2009, 06:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
Elliot, not bashing or starting a flinging war. . . but you have LE yet just said AI F.T.W. you just go with the LE for budget reasons?

thats great i was waiting for someone to say some stupid ****!
I was just screwing around bro I wouldn't have gone any other way. Regardless if I had been sitting on a BIG stack of $$$

Originally Posted by whammer33024
i think elliott was joking...
Yes Sir!

Honda Power F.T.W.
I'm being serious this time
Old 03-04-2009, 07:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by whammer33024
so you're saying i should send my athlete to one of the coaches listed above and see what their methods are to get the most out of my athlete?
ROFL Yes... yes that's exactly it!! Joking aside though... I don't think anyone would say what they exactly do, hence the saying "Tricks of the Trade". It's their trade craft and they've developed special tricks that they feel work better than most others I actually wouldn't be all that surprised if they didn't offer any pics either, Lloyd's site doesn't in the LT1 section, it's all text.

In the end there's just too much to differ. I mean look at our engines, some are factory freaks and some are run of the mill. I'm not sure how much of the motor is assembly line built, but like the new Nissan GTRs, from car to car that Top Gear tested there was about 35hp difference between the two. I wouldn't even believe numbers until there were at least 5 stock vehicles dynoed and track driven between each. Mind you, that'll never ever happen, so it's pretty much just an estimate :\

Originally Posted by djjab57
well on the driverside i have an LE head and on the passengerside AI, i keep doing burnouts to see which side laid down more rubber
hah That's sig worthy!! Fricken hilarious dude
Old 03-04-2009, 07:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Same car, same mods, same tuner. LE setup had a ported intake manifold and the Ai setup has a stock unported intake manifold. My LE2 setup basically fell apart after 3000 miles so I made the switch and haven't looked back. Not to mention there is a very long lost of problems and false advertising I got with the LE2 heads but I'll save that for a different thread. There's a lot more to heads than flow #'s or dyno charts. IMO the heads from both parties aren't even comparable to each other in quality/machinework/results.

LE2 setup

Ai 200cc setup. (miss was from a lose rotor in the opti)

LE2 time slip (right lane)

Ai timeslip (right lane)
Old 03-04-2009, 07:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Both of these companies make some real good stuff. I just think that the AI advertising is a leeeeeeetle bit misleading. You go to their website and what do you see? You see a race car that is throughly tweaked and prepped running some incredible times. Then there's the text on the same page, proclaiming that , that very car is running the same stuff that you too can buy!!!! When talking strictly about N/A numbers, i've seen lots and lots of AI cars running 12's, lots running 11's, a handful in the 10's, and 1 in the 9's. I'm not sure if there are any LE cars running N/A in the nines, but I would guess that the overall spread of LE cars are very similar, a lot of them in the 12's/11's and a handful in the 10's.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by joelster
I just think that the AI advertising is a leeeeeeetle bit misleading. You go to their website and what do you see? You see a race car that is throughly tweaked and prepped running some incredible times. Then there's the text on the same page, proclaiming that , that very car is running the same stuff that you too can buy!!!!
What stuff is that car running that you can't buy from them or another vendor? Also can you show me where they claim that anyone that slaps the same heads/cam setup will run the same times as him?
Old 03-04-2009, 07:44 PM
Staging Lane

Just like allways the bad thing about this and every forum someone has to bash everything said. if you dont like the thread why even bother posting in it that you dont like it or its stupid, that just maked it take longer to look at whats being said. We all know that there are many variables to everything the guy just wnted to know in general what you have and what you made. So now that everyone hates me thank ya verry much, sorry couldnt hold it in anymore
Old 03-04-2009, 07:46 PM
Village Troll

Received 536 Likes on 388 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMWi7CLoZ2Q
Old 03-04-2009, 07:49 PM
11 Second Club

Lol!!!!!
Old 03-04-2009, 07:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by speed_demon24
What stuff is that car running that you can't buy from them or another vendor? Also can you show me where they claim that anyone that slaps the same heads/cam setup will run the same times as him?
I'll give you an analogy that way you can understand where i'm coming from.

It's exactly like opening up a bodybuilding magazine like FLEX (or any other), and seeing a picture of Dexter Jackson (current Mr Olympia) holding up a can of Cell-Tech protein powder.
1. Yes, Dexter does actually ingest Cell-Tech protein.
2. No, you will not ever be as big as him.

BTW, your dyno on the LE stuff looks like you had an opti issue at high rpms, like 5800+rpm, the way it was scattering.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by joelster
Both of these companies make some real good stuff. I just think that the AI advertising is a leeeeeeetle bit misleading. You go to their website and what do you see? You see a race car that is throughly tweaked and prepped running some incredible times. Then there's the text on the same page, proclaiming that , that very car is running the same stuff that you too can buy!!!! When talking strictly about N/A numbers, i've seen lots and lots of AI cars running 12's, lots running 11's, a handful in the 10's, and 1 in the 9's. I'm not sure if there are any LE cars running N/A in the nines, but I would guess that the overall spread of LE cars are very similar, a lot of them in the 12's/11's and a handful in the 10's.
if you look you can see a very detailed set up of the car. nothing too out of reach. and after talkin to AI they have said they have many cars in the 9s not NA but in the nines is impressive no matter wat. now im sure lloyd has cars the run hard lik that but if you go into AIs lt1 result section theres alot of normal heads/cam cars runnin awesome numbers. they hav a stock bottom end lt1 in the 9s on a 180 shot i believe.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by fergymoto
Why not some numbers that actually matter, luck track numbers?
That's probably one of the most retarded ways to compare the power being made from head/cam packages.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

this thread is going nowhere. we'll never know if one is better we just know that theyre both good at what they do
Old 03-04-2009, 09:23 PM
11 Second Club

My car will run hard this summer and well see what it can do.
Heres my LE2 dyno open and closed cut out. Since then I went TDs and Speedinc will retune for it soon
Old 03-04-2009, 09:28 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by speed_demon24
Same car, same mods, same tuner. LE setup had a ported intake manifold and the Ai setup has a stock unported intake manifold. My LE2 setup basically fell apart after 3000 miles so I made the switch and haven't looked back. Not to mention there is a very long lost of problems and false advertising I got with the LE2 heads but I'll save that for a different thread. There's a lot more to heads than flow #'s or dyno charts. IMO the heads from both parties aren't even comparable to each other in quality/machinework/results.

LE2 setup

Ai 200cc setup. (miss was from a lose rotor in the opti)

LE2 time slip (right lane)

Ai timeslip (right lane)
you gained 2 tenths and 2 mph and spent 2k on the new set up + whatever else you did? Doesnt seem like alot. A tailwind could give you that.
Not at all saying AIs is a bad set up but those slips are pretty close. So both rule!
Old 03-04-2009, 10:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

once again, both setups will make the power YOU decide how to put the power to the ground.

speed_demon youre just like any other Ai troll. you guys almost give Ai a bad name. they make good products, as does LE, but you come on here and spread bullshit.

my car made 390 rwhp with a big stall auto, stock heads with a valve job, and a cam that was "too big" for the engine. I didnt have anything from either Ai or LE.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by zigroid
once again, both setups will make the power YOU decide how to put the power to the ground.

speed_demon youre just like any other Ai troll. you guys almost give Ai a bad name. they make good products, as does LE, but you come on here and spread bullshit.

my car made 390 rwhp with a big stall auto, stock heads with a valve job, and a cam that was "too big" for the engine. I didnt have anything from either Ai or LE.
+1..His set up prob went wrong due to installing it wrong. Speed Demon seems to be the only one that's had problem with a LE set up and he loves to post up his time slips all over the place. You should just use them as your "SIG picture" already. Getting pretty old to say the least. LET'S SEE SOME PROOF OF YOUR FAULTY "LE" SET UP Until then can it.

Quick Reply: rwhp numbers LE vs AI