Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tx91z28

SS RRR

it does have pics .........in the begining lol
Old 06-07-2009, 02:12 PM
On The Tree

i know

it could use some sweet random pics of various crap tho....
Old 06-07-2009, 02:17 PM
On The Tree

i know

Old 06-07-2009, 02:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tx91z28
i know

if i knew how i would
Old 06-08-2009, 08:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SS RRR
Proof positive it is impossible to reason with retards.
Who needs proof when you can just claim anything and the next day its a proven fact on the internet?
Old 06-08-2009, 09:24 PM
11 Second Club

Received 217 Likes on 167 Posts

Hey look everyone.. it's SS RRR's nut hugger..how cute.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by the_merv
Hey look everyone.. it's SS RRR's nut hugger..how cute.
lol
Old 06-08-2009, 10:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

... and here is more of your concrete data:

Merv sorry man but thats funny
Old 06-08-2009, 10:33 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ponch95
Merv sorry man but thats funny
Oh I thought it was funny too..it goes along perfectly with his Optispark post..lol

The only thing that isn't funny is this is a guy that's 39 doing this.. I was expecting some highschool ricer. That aspect of it is kinda disappointing..
Old 06-08-2009, 10:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well hell I'll be 42 come Sunday and I thought about throwing a little crap around... then I realized I was almost 42 and I'm to old for this ****.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:48 PM
11 Second Club

Yea.. I feel ya..I'm only 25 and some of this **** gets monotonous..
Old 06-08-2009, 11:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

some people just need to realize that others not as fortunate or experienced in such matters post on here to get help or suggestions. Not to be put down or have their thread argued on to the point where the OP doesn't even get onto his thread any more.
No offense to you merv, you have given me much useful information on either my threads or by reading others and just learning about things before i jump into them. I have actually had the same thing happen to me on a few threads i have started.

OP the intake that you have made will work very well and dont let others monotonous argumentative statements keep you from posting up questions or other things that you have done. There are plenty of people here that are more than willing to help and give their own personal experiance to try and help you out.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:03 AM
11 Second Club

I hear you man..I'm not offended. What offends me are the people that want to chase for every possible fact. Some things you won't get..like my Timeslips that I got my info from, they are long gone. It still doesn't mean that it didn't happen so I explained it with facts and how I got my numbers, IMO that's pretty much the next best thing.

There are just too many trolls out there that have nothing else better to do than to pick at people for no reason.

The funny thing about the guy is I PM'd him twice and he cowered away. I tried to resolve it and I got nothing back..that shows alot right there.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im curious to know where you got the materials.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:04 PM
TECH Addict

I got my pipe from drgas and my silicone couplers from ebay. I ordered 2 3.5" couplers and 1 3.5" to 4" coupler and the K&N filter from autozone

But you will have to loose the AC to do a filter setup like the 1 I'm doing. The OP managed to keep the AC condenser but using couplers.

Last edited by Turnin20s; 06-12-2009 at 05:23 PM.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:31 PM
Village Troll

Received 536 Likes on 388 Posts

Originally Posted by the_merv
I hear you man..I'm not offended. What offends me are the people that want to chase for every possible fact. Some things you won't get..like my Timeslips that I got my info from, they are long gone. It still doesn't mean that it didn't happen so I explained it with facts and how I got my numbers, IMO that's pretty much the next best thing.
Do you ever stop crying when questioned?
What "facts" have you displayed here? All I see is a bunch of hillbilly logic that "it werks and don't question how..."
You have absolutely no proof or logic or factual info regarding your claim. Read again. It's all right here. Anyone who has experience drag racing knows that ET's which you have victoriously claimed as an improvement can easily be affected by weather changes, driver error and track conditions all in the same day. That is fact. That is something you cannot contest, therefore you have no basis for your claim unless you have concrete proof of what you say is fact. You can't.
There are just too many trolls out there that have nothing else better to do than to pick at people for no reason.
There's plenty of reason to pick on you for the very reasons stated above. Please stop crying.
The funny thing about the guy is I PM'd him twice and he cowered away. I tried to resolve it and I got nothing back..that shows alot right there.
There was no intention of resolving anything from your PM's. Because you seriously lack any sort of reasoning power then I see it as a waste of my time to return PM's. I am trying to have a debate related to LT1 performance regarding claims you have made. You have been challenged. You don't like it and are now whining to the enth degree.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:43 PM
11 Second Club

I tried the PM's to keep this crap out of here, you obviously don't want to go into PM's cause you get some sort of ego/self esteem boost by taking your weak shots at anyone on here.

E-thug FTL..

There's plenty of reason to pick on you for the very reasons stated above. Please stop crying.
Wow that is really mature of you. For someone that is 39 you have an epic failure in that area.

I lolz at your posts and anything that has to do with you..for someone that harps on facts you do a good job of showing none yourself, just excuses.

When I grow up I want to be just like you, you are my hero..

I'm suprised the Mods don't you, expecially after you admitting that you have a puropse to thug it up on here..

I am trying to have a debate related to LT1 performance regarding claims you have made. You have been challenged. You don't like it and are now whining to the enth degree.
The only challenge I have to you is to prove what you have done to make yourself king of the technical world. I want to see something worthy of reading instead of the argumentative that you spew on here.

Like I said, I tried to PM you, you wanted to keep it going here. I made the mature attempt to resolve this, you apparently don't have the mental capacity for that matureness yet.

Last edited by the_merv; 06-12-2009 at 06:00 PM.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:53 PM
TECH Resident

The gains from the lid vs standard cold air are well documented time and time again. The .25 gain may not have been all the lid conversion, but it definately helped out, no arguing that. Could have been alot of things, dirty filter to clean one, better air, track prep, whatever. But everyone should be able to agree that a straight path is better than 2 90's.

SS RRR stop shitting on everyone, people are losing respect for you. Merv your probably better off just ignoring what SS RRR says.

-Dustin-
Old 06-12-2009, 06:01 PM
11 Second Club

Yea..I'm just trying to get the guy to see what he could stop being a douche at. Some things are just a lost cause.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:01 PM
Teching In

uuuuhhh....wow....so....yeah

I have not been monitoring this thread, or this site since my last post in this thread. I thought this thread was long gone, and it was, at least for useful information.

I wanted to share my Idea with those of you whom where looking for a lid style alternative, with out cutting up the core support, or the underside of the hood.

It is functional, and does feel faster. I didn't spend a lot of time with it, but I did draw it up and take measurements beforehand. Too bad it didn't fit like I had hoped, so I had to slightly modify my original plan.

My radiator support was very brittle, and the cuts I made are rough, as It cracked the whole time while cutting it.

To me, I find this hobby most interesting when sharing ideas, and trying new things, not just building a cookie-cutter hotrod. And I hope my idea leads somebody here to a new and improved version that they will share.

Yes my motor and engine bay are filthy. That goes with a stock 15 year old car with 174xxx miles. I plan on pulling the motor and re-doing the engine bay after I have a garage to store it in. In the mean time, I have been working on the body, the suspension, and hopefully soon the exhaust.

I'd like to thank the people here who weren't idiots even if you didn't like it. I think constructive criticism can be helpful.

Quick Reply: Made my own custom intake (Large pics)