LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Made my own custom intake (Large pics)

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 09:56 AM
Village Troll

Received 536 Likes on 388 Posts

Originally Posted by the_merv
I'll just throw out here that I actually PM'd you to discuss this and keep the BS to a minimum..but you obviously ignored that. I guess you have something to prove. Kinda hard when you have quite a few of the same facts from various individuals in front of you.

Just keep diggin that hole..

What honestly have you contributed to this whole conversation besides ?
All I have simply asked is for you to prove your claim and you've done nothing but cry a HUGE river of vaginalava all over this thread.
So now the 48mm TB almsot outflows the stock LT1 bellows? Holy ****, what's next...
"omg.. if u puts the ventilated optisparkz tubez on teh airz pump u'll gets postive booooooooooostezez! u'll need booozt gauge to seez it!1111 just dont axez me to proovez it!1111 cuz i'll wah on u!11111"
Old 06-07-2009, 10:03 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ Holy **** this guys 39 years old!
Old 06-07-2009, 10:35 AM
11 Second Club

Received 217 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by SS RRR
All I have simply asked is for you to prove your claim and you've done nothing but cry a HUGE river of vaginalava all over this thread.
So now the 48mm TB almsot outflows the stock LT1 bellows? Holy ****, what's next...
"omg.. if u puts the ventilated optisparkz tubez on teh airz pump u'll gets postive booooooooooostezez! u'll need booozt gauge to seez it!1111 just dont axez me to proovez it!1111 cuz i'll wah on u!11111"
Wow..epic fail.

Originally Posted by moderate Z28
I know right..it suprised me when I saw that too. You think that age would bring maturity..

To the OP.. I apologize for this crapfest..hopefully when you make another thread about this it doesn't get **** on.

I agree with it's time to lock it down..the failboat has sunk.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by moderate Z28
^^^^lol
Old 06-07-2009, 10:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

maturity doesn't hit till 40 for some people its proven around my neighborhood lol
Old 06-07-2009, 10:46 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by DisturbedTA
maturity doesn't hit till 40 for some people its proven around my neighborhood lol
Careful.. he may ask for a timeslip on that..
Old 06-07-2009, 10:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Careful.. he may ask for a timeslip on that..
lmfao and ill tape it for proof lol
Old 06-07-2009, 11:11 AM
Village Troll

Proof positive it is impossible to reason with retards.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

it is impossible to reason with retards.
we know we tried to reason with u and you still dont get it lol
Old 06-07-2009, 11:18 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Turnin20s
....I'm getting pretty sick of this site lately, you can't start a new topic or ask a question without getting into a big pissing match about nothing.
Yah, were all on the internet and your ego is HUGE congts now grow up
Well Capt. Wiseguy says if the internet frustrates you that much then maybe it's time you found another hobby!
Old 06-07-2009, 11:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by arctic '00
well capt. Wiseguy says if the internet frustrates you that much then maybe it's time you found another hobby!
2nd that the internet aint for everyone
Old 06-07-2009, 11:27 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i feel like half the people on this forum are ******* 13 and trolls. why cant people just comment on the guys intake and leave it be? im not talking about the people who were comparing it to a lid, but the people who bashed this guys hard work, and then tried to say a lid wasnt worth any gains. stop trolling this thread. go find another site to cause trouble at. to the OP, im interested to see how the intake turns out. this thread needs to be locked to shut up all the dumbasses on here
Old 06-07-2009, 11:33 AM
11 Second Club

Ha, I wish a lock was that easy to get the tards out of here. Then again if it was that easy the world would be a boring place..
Old 06-07-2009, 11:34 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ha, I wish a lock was that easy to get the tards out of here. Then again if it was that easy the world would be a boring place..
haha very true. the mods will get around to it
Old 06-07-2009, 11:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i like the mod he did it looks better than any thing i could make
Old 06-07-2009, 11:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Proof positive it is impossible to reason with retards.
I bet you feel pretty tuff hiding behind that keyboard huh! about half the threads I read that you have posted in, you are callin somebody out on something way off the ******* topic. Ed wright had even said there are gains to be had with a lid, so call him and he will brief you, ***!!!
Old 06-07-2009, 01:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Even if I picked up 1/10th I would be ecstatic, I think I would want to do a lid or similar setup just so that there is a lot less clutter under the hood. Someday it will happen. If anything pulling the filter off the end of a CAI to clean it is a pain in the ***.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Not to stir the pot any more, but it really seems like common sense to me.

The gains noted are for the most part on big strokers with drastically different air requirements then a stock cube LT1, like Merv's 402ci. Like Triple R said, the more air the engine needs the more benefit from intake mods. For the other guys with stock Lt1 builds claiming track gains I cannot explain how .

Now, like noted earlier, the stock TB already flows less then the stock elbow(coincidence, or GM engineering?? ). TB is maybe 650cfm, and I do not have the hard numbers on the elbow but it is of course a lot more then that. Okay...so what??? Is there not already the general consensus that going to bigger TBs does nothing for peak power on a stock engine. Search the stock vs 58mm TB threads that pop up every week.

...So if a bigger TB does not help when the elbow already outflows it, how does a bigger intake on a stock TB help if it is already outflowing the throttle body?

Personally I am still adamant on my personal back to back dyno results. 1LE elbow -> K&N FIPK made 1.3 less hp then a totally open TB with elbow removed. Car was a stock shortblock LT1 with H/C and all supporting mods. Back to back runs, car never came off the rollers or was allowed to cool down. That is near zero restriction, and the only results that I have personally seen verified.

For these big 2 tenth gains on a stock cube car the lid setup would somehow have to outflow nothing at all by a considerable amount. That does not sound right to me.

Don't use "ram air" as a defense unless you have a sealed front opening ram air hood. The stock lid setup is NOT sealed to the atmosphere and is NOT ram air...and even if it was I'll open another can of worms and say that most of the LTX tiny little ram air kits are almost always near useless as well .

Now, of course this is all not only assuming a stock cube LTX build, but also of course all IMO as well. Take it or leave it .

***EDIT***
PS:
Old 06-07-2009, 01:26 PM
Village Troll

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
I bet you feel pretty tuff hiding behind that keyboard huh! about half the threads I read that you have posted in, you are callin somebody out on something way off the ******* topic. Ed wright had even said there are gains to be had with a lid, so call him and he will brief you, ***!!!
I know, calling people out on their stupidity is a ******* travesty on this forum because there are so many whiners it's baffling...
I don't know how many times I must say this to get it through the retarded skulls, but of course the possibility of gains are there, but it soley depends on the air pump's demand behind the intake. I am asking for proof on numbers claimed yet the individual who made such claims fails to provide and would rather slop off and deflect from a subject that very well deals with this thread.
There, I tried to reason with retards again... will it work this time?
Old 06-07-2009, 01:29 PM
On The Tree

SS RRR

Quick Reply: Made my own custom intake (Large pics)