LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

How much is my engine worth?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 12:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow 2 guys w/ 10 sec. cars talking **** to each other saying
"my car is faster than yours...

no mine is faster cause its a 6-speed and is built for the highway...

well I am going to falsly acuse you of not being able to drive for no reason...

well I am going to falsely accuse you of not being able to drive because you have 2 petals, and i know you cant shift a standard......."
WTF!

damn both of yall get a grip! Yall both have fast cars... damn I'm stuck with a low 13 sec LT1 (with A/C ), but I love my car, and maybe one day it will be a 12 sec car... ne-way this LTx VS. LSx bashing **** is pointless...

stop highjacking! LOL
Old 09-01-2009, 12:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Very well said.

I wish I could get rid of my habit of fighting back when I see some bs come my way..

All I see is I stated my opinion on something and a little bs shot was sent my way and I got riled up.

That's my flaw.

Everyone should be happy with what they have no metter what it is.. alot of us put a **** ton of work into them to make them the way they are.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by the_merv
Lol.. You set it up for the track and talk **** to me about it.. I set mine up for the highway and said come play my game where I'll bust your ***..and ofcourse the typical response.."that's ricer stuff..bla bla bla.."

I set mine up for highway cause I know that is where the T56 shines, there are plenty of us here that do the same.

Ya I don't know how to drive and I have a Stick car..you are a pro with them 2 Petals there sir.
I wouldn't exactly call a h/c 402 lsx that couldn't pull away from a h/c LT1 a highway monster.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:39 PM
Teching In

Honestly IMO, you'll never get $9k out of that engine. Period. It won't happen. I'd just keep it and race if I were you.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FASTFATBOY
4-6 grand LMFAO...ooook. This aint some STRIPPED longblock. EVERYTHING is there. You dont need a tune, headers you need NOTHING. Drop it in and hold on. I am thinking about a LSx swap. I cant use anything. Whoever buys it gets it ALL. ECM, headers, water pump, intake the whole deal.

dude you gotta understand something when the guys say its worth something but it will sell for something else... yeah of course all you have to do is add up all your reciepts if you want a un realistic estimate... hell if thats the case i have an engine thats worth over $14,000 with the turn key setup but in REALITY, my engine and YSI blower everything being brand new never even had oil in it yet would only sell for around $8,000 and the blower was $3,200 by its self... a good rule of thumb i usually use when selling used stuff is take what it was brand new and then knock off 50% and thats about what you will get for it!!! good luck with the sell though and it seems you do have a stout NA setup... jake
Old 09-01-2009, 02:05 PM
TECH Addict

It's worth whatever someone will give you for it, If you hang on to it long enough im sure someone will eventually buy it a price close to what your looking for. But who knows how long it would take
Old 09-01-2009, 02:39 PM
Staging Lane

Very well said.

I wish I could get rid of my habit of fighting back when I see some bs come my way..

All I see is I stated my opinion on something and a little bs shot was sent my way and I got riled up.

That's my flaw.

Everyone should be happy with what they have no metter what it is.. alot of us put a **** ton of work into them to make them the way they are.
I know, i defend way too much also, but I love my LT1... and will NEVER sell it. I will drive it till the wheels fall off of it, hell maybe someday I'll own an LS1 for a DD and my LT1 as a weekend cruiser... LOL
Old 09-01-2009, 03:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Well... IBTL
Old 09-01-2009, 03:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Lol.. You set it up for the track and talk **** to me about it.. I set mine up for the highway and said come play my game where I'll bust your ***..and ofcourse the typical response.."that's ricer stuff..bla bla bla.."

I set mine up for highway cause I know that is where the T56 shines, there are plenty of us here that do the same.

Ya I don't know how to drive and I have a Stick car..you are a pro with them 2 Petals there sir.

LMAO, there is no "roll racers association". I was driving stick cars when you were shitting green boy.

That WHOLE response above is STRAIGHT off a damn Honda message board.

If you KNEW anything you could set up the t-56 to run AT THE TRACK
Old 09-01-2009, 04:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Drift_king2007
wow 2 guys w/ 10 sec. cars talking **** to each other saying
"my car is faster than yours...

no mine is faster cause its a 6-speed and is built for the highway...

well I am going to falsly acuse you of not being able to drive for no reason...

well I am going to falsely accuse you of not being able to drive because you have 2 petals, and i know you cant shift a standard......."
WTF!

damn both of yall get a grip! Yall both have fast cars... damn I'm stuck with a low 13 sec LT1 (with A/C ), but I love my car, and maybe one day it will be a 12 sec car... ne-way this LTx VS. LSx bashing **** is pointless...

stop highjacking! LOL

Correction, MERV has never been in the 10's...even with is high tech LSx engine LOL.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Back on topic...........

I thought the engine would bring a little more because it was turn key pretty much.Headers, intake, throttlebody, fuel rails, injectors, water pump, balancer, flywheel, ECM WITH the tune in it etc.

But I will keep CRACKING Ls1's with it and watching them squirm......kinda like MERV lol.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

David just keep it dammit!!! Now where did I put them drawers?!!!

--Alan
Old 09-01-2009, 04:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 68lemans
Hey Dave how ya bin ?? Just put your drive train in a notchback he he and sell the body ? might be easier ??
Did i get you thinking about the LSX ?? I sold all my 398ci lt1 in parts and built me a carbed LS?.

Here a pic with no motor and with the hole shot wheels

New fresh LS?

My old school engine would go STRAIGHT into the 9's on motor in that chassis, I have thought about...ALOT.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by ABA383
David just keep it dammit!!! Now where did I put them drawers?!!!

--Alan
Times a waistin' 5 weeks left.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:11 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh and I'm getting married on 10/10 so comin down for the cruise is probably not the most "healthy" decision I could make...

--Alan
Old 09-01-2009, 04:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by FASTFATBOY
But I will keep CRACKING Ls1's with it and watching them squirm......kinda like MERV lol.
Lol.. you track yours and make yourself happy, I highway mine and make myself happy.

We should agree to look at it from that standpoint, that is where I stand.

My new timeslips will be coming this spring, then we will have accurate info to discuss.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:31 PM
10 Second Club

This motor might not bring 9K but lets give him a little credit for building a stout combo. Anyone that wants to stay with the LTX platform would get a solid running combo, put it in a car that has a little weight reduction say 3300 and your looking at 10.1's 10.2's **** a good set of ported heads for an LT1 is 2k to 3k and I know people with more than that in their heads. Then you ad machine work to clearance the block for the stroke and ad up all the good parts in the motor I would think with the right buyer he could pull 6k. Hell there are guys on here everyday dropping 3k plus for head,cam,headers installed on their LT1's that won't come close to running his numbers why not throw a few more K and be done.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think everyone here for the most part kinda gave him props on building a beat ride... but he was asking if his engine was worth $9,000 so we were trying to explain to him that it wasnt... its just realistic talk here and sometimes it causes arguments but in the end everyone was being nice about it really, it just happened to get off course
Old 09-01-2009, 04:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

merv's input was the most useful in this thread IMO

it convinced fastfatboy to stay LT1 just to spite those "LS1 punks" lol
Old 09-01-2009, 04:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Is it worth 9k? Sure! Probably waay more. The struggle here is finding a buyer. There is a buyer for everything, just sometimes it takes more time than it's worth waiting over.

Quick Reply: How much is my engine worth?