LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

How much is my engine worth?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 04:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FASTFATBOY
Correction, MERV has never been in the 10's...even with is high tech LSx engine LOL.
gotcha!
Old 09-01-2009, 06:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow! That's a nice setup. The sad truth is that the LT1 market is slowly dying, so much so I've meet people who don't even know what they are. 9k for your set up is probably a bit expensive but I only say that because no one really has that kind of money for an LT1 when they could get a lot more bang for the buck with an LSX. Unfortunantly that's the way it is. I am currently trying to sell my car and I can't even get someone to make an offer or test drive the damn thing. I thought my car was nice but maybe not! My car is an auto, teal, and an LT1. I wanted a black, 6spd, ls1 but just couldn't afford it when I bought mine, 3 years ago. Oh well its all in what you like and you'd probably be better off keeping it and just running the **** out of it. You already have, why not? If for no other reason than to shut up merv...well hell, that wouldn't be hard, my V6 stang would probably out run him.....in reverse!
Old 09-01-2009, 07:13 PM
9 Second Club

david get a converter and get some wt out. no reason that car should not be in the 9's
Old 09-01-2009, 08:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by myltwon
merv's input was the most useful in this thread IMO

it convinced fastfatboy to stay LT1 just to spite those "LS1 punks" lol
Hey whatever works I guess..

Chris I'm kicking you in the ***** next time I see you. I'll have to see your wife to get them..
Old 09-01-2009, 08:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by the_merv

Much slower huh.. about .6 of a sec and 6mph, I don't think that's much slower..
Where I come from that is about (2) bus lengths (probably more along the lines of a short bus... you know all about those, I'm certain of it based on your comments)... or a "he got his skull drug"... "look at that *** whippin!"... "that dude got his *** WALKED"....

I've heard it all at the race track...

Seriously Merv, you need to stop now. You've already proven you don't know much when a MID 250s cam is LARGE... and a solid roller requires adjustment every week....

Last edited by ATLSS; 09-01-2009 at 08:29 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SS RRR
Nothing smartass about what I stated. It's fact. You have absolutely no knowledge of owning/maintaining a solid roller setup and would rather regurgitate uneducated tales you've read or heard from other blowhards... and bragging about doing 120mph w/ a big cube LSx in a 3300lb car?

This dude has your number Merv... you need to stop now man...
Old 09-01-2009, 08:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Lol.. You set it up for the track and talk **** to me about it.. I set mine up for the highway and said come play my game where I'll bust your ***..and ofcourse the typical response.."that's ricer stuff..bla bla bla.."

I set mine up for highway cause I know that is where the T56 shines, there are plenty of us here that do the same.

Ya I don't know how to drive and I have a Stick car..you are a pro with them 2 Petals there sir.
I think we just found the biggest tech idiot EVER....
Old 09-01-2009, 09:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ATLSS
Where I come from that is about (2) bus lengths (probably more along the lines of a short bus... you know all about those, I'm certain of it based on your comments)... or a "he got his skull drug"... "look at that *** whippin!"... "that dude got his *** WALKED"....

I've heard it all at the race track...

Seriously Merv, you need to stop now. You've already proven you don't know much when a MID 250s cam is LARGE... and a solid roller requires adjustment every week....
This dude has your number Merv... you need to stop now man...
I think we just found the biggest tech idiot EVER....
Where did this guy come from?

Old 09-01-2009, 09:52 PM
11 Second Club

I don't know man.. his avatar speaks for himself..I don't have to say anything..
Old 09-01-2009, 10:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by FASTFATBOY
Back on topic...........

I thought the engine would bring a little more because it was turn key pretty much.Headers, intake, throttlebody, fuel rails, injectors, water pump, balancer, flywheel, ECM WITH the tune in it etc.

But I will keep CRACKING Ls1's with it and watching them squirm......kinda like MERV lol.
"Bolt-on only" LS1's have cracked the mid 10-second barrier my friend. While decently quick, Mid 10's @ 125 ain't too much to brag about. That's just full bolt-ons and a 150 wheel shot away for the average full weight LS1 car, stock intake, heads & all. Nothing fantastic.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:24 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Demon 383
"Bolt-on only" LS1's have cracked the mid 10-second barrier my friend. While decently quick, Mid 10's @ 125 ain't too much to brag about. That's just full bolt-ons and a 150 wheel shot away for the average full weight LS1 car, stock intake, heads & all. Nothing fantastic.
The LT1 is on all motor....... no spray....
Old 09-02-2009, 01:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

The sad thing with building cars is in reality you are LUCKY if you get 50% of your investment. In reality, you will most likely get 25-40% back. Cars are a terrible investment if you aren't committed to keeping them for a long time. Not all of us have the huge money trees in our back yard to make up for the losses on our high performance parts.

This is the same reason why I am investing while I'm just now in college so I can get out and decide what I want to do after. I'd feel foolish building my LT1 and then wanting a nice FRC or built/boosted 02 WS6
Old 09-02-2009, 01:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
The sad thing with building cars is in reality you are LUCKY if you get 50% of your investment. In reality, you will most likely get 25-40% back. Cars are a terrible investment if you aren't committed to keeping them for a long time. Not all of us have the huge money trees in our back yard to make up for the losses on our high performance parts.

This is the same reason why I am investing while I'm just now in college so I can get out and decide what I want to do after. I'd feel foolish building my LT1 and then wanting a nice FRC or built/boosted 02 WS6
Yeah, I'm taking it easy right now. Going to spray the car as-is probably then just leave it until I finish school. That way I can afford a nice daily and then use this as a toy and possibly go big block.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:55 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Drift_king2007
The LT1 is on all motor....... no spray....
You don't understand bro.. LS1's are hitting 10.50's with boltons and cam only..still stock heads & bottom end..no need to be stroked with big heads.

That's probably why Dave up there keeps trashing on me about mine running what it did. Look how much had to be put into his to get it to do what he is doing though..big difference in builds.

I still haven't got mine to the track yet so the new numbers will be alot different. Honestly I don't see why numbers from an engine that no longer exists should matter..
Old 09-02-2009, 01:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Why can't we all just get along?
Old 09-02-2009, 03:02 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I need that motor for my 2400lb rx7, lol.

I agree it's not worth the 9k, sucks, but you have to be realistic. Best of luck if you keep going with it, dial it and push it toward the 9's n/a.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:20 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cam only GUTTED 3000lb LS1 RACE CARS are in the tens. Get up on the interstate with that pile of racecar for an hour at 75 mph and see what happens. Aint nuthin streetcar about any of those cars.

A cam only 3300lb LT1 ran 11.18. Put him at the same weight(3000 lbs) and he is in the 10's.

Any swinging dick can put a pile of spray on a car and go quick. Doin it normally aspirated in a car you can ACTUALLY street drive is a whole different world, I can promise you that. How many 408 LS cars do you see in the 10's? Not many, even fewer streetcars.

MD I will need about 40 more HP to get in the 9's I think, 129-130 mph should do it. I got a line on making that happen, its in the works. 4 hole throttlebody and a retune. We gonna try that first and see what happens. If needed I will have the intake ported along with the above.

As far as you Merv, I think I smell a hint of jealousy.....?

And whats up with all the PM's Merv? We can handle this out here right?

As far as the statement that I didnt build my car, it sat for 4 years while it was being built at my house, in my shop. You need pics of the build for proof?

Last edited by FASTFATBOY; 09-02-2009 at 07:30 AM.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:36 AM
9 Second Club

get a bigger cam and converter.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:44 AM
Staging Lane

You don't understand bro.. LS1's are hitting 10.50's with boltons and cam only..still stock heads & bottom end..no need to be stroked with big heads.

That's probably why Dave up there keeps trashing on me about mine running what it did. Look how much had to be put into his to get it to do what he is doing though..big difference in builds.

I still haven't got mine to the track yet so the new numbers will be alot different. Honestly I don't see why numbers from an engine that no longer exists should matter..
cam only! duh cam only would be 10's in a LSx! Oh and bolt-ons doesn't include cam...... I was just stating that the OP is on all motor no spray and this demon guy bolted in and demanded that Lsx's run 10's all day with SPRAY........
Old 09-02-2009, 08:04 AM
11 Second Club

Jealously....hardly..lol

Pm's are an attempt to keep the bullshit out of here..

Me and you are the same, we are going to defend our heaps as much as we can cause we are proud of em. You've got your Auto Track queen 383 LT1 with a ton of things into it that you were wanting to sell so you can upgrade..and I have my 6spd Street-fun 408 LQ4 Stroker that has alot of room to gain, and I'm just barely scratching the surface.

I guess when you get the hint that all this **** you are spewing won't change and really doesn't affect me or what I have then you'll be alrite.

Quick Reply: How much is my engine worth?