LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

is it hard to make my 94 LT1 a stroker???

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 02:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is it hard to make my 94 LT1 a stroker???

I was looking up making my 94 LT1 a stroker and im not the biggest gear head so im still kinda new at this stuff. what I want to know is if it is worth it, what kinda money i will have to put in it, and how hard it will be to do and what is the best way to go about doing it. My bird is not a DD so theres no problem there im just looking to get as much HP as possible and still make it a weekend driver and take it to the track once in a while.
Old 01-09-2010, 03:12 PM
Launching!

just by what ur saying u should just do a nice stout 355....if your on a budget this is the way to go. you will still make great power and get it to run nicely. also remember if u want a nice stroker motor or even the 355 way. numerous of things u have to change to handle the extra hp/tq levels as well as suspension etc etc. theres soooo many variables out there to make a combo. if you know how to do some work yourself thats a huge plus. if your going to take it to a shop for everything..then be well prepared to spend couple of grand and im being on the low side. a nice head/cam package will run ya anywhere from 1200-1500 for a nice street package. plan on spending thousands if your going to be getting all this done at a shop.

but please shop around wisely and there are many great lt1 guys on here and sponsors like lloyd elliot and a.i. talk and speak with them. lloyd elliot is by far one of the nicest guys and very very helpful over the phone. he actually helps you out dont be afraid to ask anything.

Last edited by gixxer75094lt1; 01-09-2010 at 03:21 PM.
Old 01-09-2010, 03:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If HP is your concern and the stock rotating assembly is in good shape, why not do a heads/cam package? Doing a 383 by itself on a stock valvetrain won't do you any good.

What kind of budget do you have, existing mods, year, transmission, etc.?
Old 01-09-2010, 04:27 PM
Teching In

well I had planned on getting heads and cam and stall and new intake manifold and RR's and lifters and many other mods I just didnt know if making it a stroker would be worth the time and money I have a good start so far if you take a look at my profile my next investment will be 3.73 gears for my M4 I make pretty good money and dont have to many bills and things but if just going the full bolt on route is the better and less expensive route for what I want to do, then I will most likely go with that I'm just looking to have bad *** bird that people know is a beast and its my baby so its not getting driven a whole lot either, like I said mostly just weekends and nice sunny days and I would like to take it to the local drag track here and there, and it's one of those cars where when I'm 50 or 60 I still want it around. It still runs strong even though I just hit 150000 I also wanted to possibly just do a decent rebuild to make it where its not gonna break down or blow up once i start doing bigger mods but im not to sure how to go about that either lol.
Old 01-09-2010, 05:20 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by shocka4
well I had planned on getting heads and cam and stall and new intake manifold and RR's and lifters and many other mods I just didnt know if making it a stroker would be worth the time and money I have a good start so far if you take a look at my profile my next investment will be 3.73 gears for my M4 I make pretty good money and dont have to many bills and things but if just going the full bolt on route is the better and less expensive route for what I want to do, then I will most likely go with that I'm just looking to have bad *** bird that people know is a beast and its my baby so its not getting driven a whole lot either, like I said mostly just weekends and nice sunny days and I would like to take it to the local drag track here and there, and it's one of those cars where when I'm 50 or 60 I still want it around. It still runs strong even though I just hit 150000 I also wanted to possibly just do a decent rebuild to make it where its not gonna break down or blow up once i start doing bigger mods but im not to sure how to go about that either lol.

well dont spend the money on a new intake manifold just yet. stock ones are the way to go they are fine unless ur heads are ported to the extreme than u need to get the intake port matched. also what have you currently done to the car? good starting point would be headers, exhaust, cold air intake, torque converter and gear for your car. but selecting a head/cam package will determine what stall/ratio you will need. but by just reading what you want i think you will be more than happy with a full bolt on cam only car. as it seems like you have only played around with stock type cars. 150k miles is alot on a factory longblock. you should look into getting a rebuild and do a heads/cam package. i think you will be more than pleased.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:38 PM
TECH Veteran

How much money do you have to spend?
Old 01-12-2010, 04:06 PM
Teching In

I think I will just go ahead and do all bolt on mods get heads and cam and a rebuild and do everything I can with my stock block it should be just fine for everything I want thanks a lot guys I appreciate a ton!!
Old 01-12-2010, 09:02 PM
Banned

If you're going to do all that work, go atleast 383.

Quick Reply: is it hard to make my 94 LT1 a stroker???