LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

So Who's Afraid Of An LS1?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 12:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW.. stopped reading for two days and what happened??
Old 03-12-2010, 01:41 AM
11 Second Club

Received 220 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by 98PurpleT/A
WOW.. stopped reading for two days and what happened??
A SR 396 LT1 got owned by a stock Bolt-on LT1..that's what happened..
Old 03-12-2010, 08:44 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by the_merv
A SR 396 LT1 got owned by a stock Bolt-on LT1..that's what happened..
Funny..he'd own you too.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:53 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SS MPSTR
Funny..he'd own you too.
Lol..lets agree to disagree..

Nothing against Gizmo or what he's got..there is no need to bring an argument involving his car. He's got a really good thing going and doing it with them kids deserves alot of respect.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:55 AM
11 Second Club

Lol..no.
lol, I'd bet it would. What's your car run?

I see you edited your post, (presumably to alleviate the gross ******* arrogance of your statement) but I still think Gizmo's car would embarrass you, especially at an 1/8 mile track. Your only hope would lie at a 1/4 mile track where your car would hopefully make enough power to drive around him. That's quite a compliment to Gizmo's car and their collective achievement considering we're comparing a stock class LT1 car to a built 408 gen III series powered car.

Last edited by SS MPSTR; 03-12-2010 at 09:06 AM.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:13 AM
11 Second Club

Don't know yet..this is a new setup.

Old setup with blown Rings was kick'n out 7.1 1/8 miles, 11.19 @ 120 was the quickest in the 1/4.

I'm willing to bet with my new Gearing and new 408 setup it's got 6.9X's in the 1/8 and atleast a 125+trap in the 1/4 mile.

Question for ya there bud..why you trying to bring my car into it compared to Gizmo's? Just cause the other people that say they are quick don't have **** to show for it isn't a valid reason to bring me into it like I said something about my car compared to his.

I haven't talked Gizmo's down any, he's got a great thing going with them kids and that car is movin for what is it.

Dont blend in with the rest of the turds here startin crap.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:44 AM
11 Second Club

Don't know yet..this is a new setup.

Old setup with blown Rings was kick'n out 7.1 1/8 miles, 11.19 @ 120 was the quickest in the 1/4.

I'm willing to bet with my new Gearing and new 408 setup it's got 6.9X's in the 1/8 and atleast a 125+trap in the 1/4 mile.

Question for ya there bud..why you trying to bring my car into it compared to Gizmo's? Just cause the other people that say they are quick don't have **** to show for it isn't a valid reason to bring me into it like I said something about my car compared to his.

I haven't talked Gizmo's down any, he's got a great thing going with them kids and that car is movin for what is it.

Dont blend in with the rest of the turds here startin crap.
Pot, meet Kettle - you started the crap with a provocative and unnecessary shot at SS RRR's car. The comparison to anyone's street car in here to a stock class car is just stupid, even a comparison to yours is silly.

I never said you talked down about Gizmo's car - we both agree he's got a great set-up and program going.

And good luck to you on your new build - I will be building an LQ9 for my junk later this year. I'll be referring to your build thread along the way.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:32 AM
11 Second Club

I see you edited your post, (presumably to alleviate the gross ******* arrogance of your statement) but I still think Gizmo's car would embarrass you, especially at an 1/8 mile track. Your only hope would lie at a 1/4 mile track where your car would hopefully make enough power to drive around him. That's quite a compliment to Gizmo's car and their collective achievement considering we're comparing a stock class LT1 car to a built 408 gen III series powered car.
Yes, I did edit it to avoid any kind of extra squabble over nothing. I see you added to yours as well.

You think what you want to man..you are the one comparing here..I have no reason to compare..two completely difference class of cars. I'm not here trying to race the guy. They busted their asses to get where they are..and it's payin off.

As far as mine goes, I have yet to find the full potential of my car, I plan to do that this summer when I get back from Iraq. It is quicker than you think, that's all I have to say.
Pot, meet Kettle - you started the crap with a provocative and unnecessary shot at SS RRR's car. The comparison to anyone's street car in here to a stock class car is just stupid, even a comparison to yours is silly.
I was just tellin what I gather happened..my opinion on the whole cause for the butt-hurt.
I agree with you, these cars here are in totally different classes, so why bring a comparison of mine into it?

And good luck to you on your new build - I will be building an LQ9 for my junk later this year. I'll be referring to your build thread along the way.
Good luck with yours too..there is alot of good info in that thread.

Last edited by the_merv; 03-12-2010 at 11:02 AM.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:03 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Dont see this thread going anywhere anymore, sorry i didnt lock it earlier Gizmo.

Quick Reply: So Who's Afraid Of An LS1?