LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Why are we still holding on to these dinosaurs?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 07:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by speed_demon24
Here's the fastest n/a LSx list, how do you compare?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...s-any-c-i.html
LMAO!!!

We've got plenty of guys like this too where I am. They are so quick to whip out the infamous LSx "fastest" lists. The "cam-only" list, the "stock internal" list, lol. Who gives a ****. Obviously people take their LSx stuff 100x more seriously then just about any other platform out there. That is why the lists are so strong. People know about the lists. I can name 4 LTx cars in single digits that aren't even on the LTx fastest lists. Ben Moore 9.90, Joe Overton 9.18 (I think), Mike Jacobs (nitrous record 8.95), Rick Abare 9.54, i'm sure there's LOTS more. Wanna know why? Because they don't care about an LS1tech list. Just keep in mind that FASTFATBOYS car is 100% a street car that isn't nearly on the diet that most of those LSx race cars are from that list. I'm not saying that all of them are race cars, but i'd be willing to bet there are quite a few of them running 14-1 compression aluminum rods, insane valvesprings, etc, etc. Yeah sure they could throw plates on and take a 5 mile cruise to the burger joint once a month, but how about a 25 mile trip on the highway? Put FFB's motor in my car (it's light) and let me drive it (i'm 195lbs) and it would rip a bottom 10 and maybe crack a 9.99.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Well, I dont see any LSX owners starting a thread like this, so why this comment?

Obviously people take their LSx stuff 100x more seriously then just about any other platform out there.
It seems to me the ones over thinking stuff are some guys from the LTx crowd.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Look real hard at that list. Almost every car is GEN IV not GEN III. You do know the difference, right? There is no reason that a GEN II shouldn't run with a GEN III, cube for cube, equal head flow, matched cam, etc. A GEN IV is better compared to a Big Block.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to much money invested, plus the looks and the sounds are way better
Old 08-16-2010, 08:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GIZMO
Look real hard at that list. Almost every car is GEN IV not GEN III. You do know the difference, right? There is no reason that a GEN II shouldn't run with a GEN III, cube for cube, equal head flow, matched cam, etc. A GEN IV is better compared to a Big Block.
This is funny. Imagine us bragging about our top ten LT1 times with gen 3 blocks/heads/such.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by chaman
Well, I dont see any LSX owners starting a thread like this, so why this comment?

It seems to me the ones over thinking stuff are some guys from the LTx crowd.
LMAO! No they don't start a thread, they just build a forum.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by joelster
LMAO! No they don't start a thread, they just build a forum.
...and is in this forum where your guys started this thread! Yeah, it makes a lot of sense...
Old 08-16-2010, 08:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

I feel like I'm listening to my kids.....lol
Old 08-16-2010, 08:09 PM
Staging Lane

i just picked up an LT1 car because I love the style and the price was right. LSx cars seem to be a premium for low mileage cars (at least where i live). i didn't want a car payment and i picked up a 33k mile LT1 T/A for $8k. where i live i would never find a LS1 for that price unless it had 80-90k on the clock. yes, the LS1 can still be strong at 90k but i'm happy with what i bought and don't need to be the fastest car on the road. i'm happy to have a T/A again and have the looks and sound with no monthly payment!
Old 08-16-2010, 08:16 PM
Village Troll

Received 536 Likes on 388 Posts

...and is in this forum where your guys started this thread! Yeah, it makes a lot of sense...
Good one, and it's true. I've never read a thread from the LSx crowd talking about LTx mods in any sort of comperable fashion.. These threads pop up and you get those who are always threatened about LSx results and are quick to compare.
Anyone know how many LTx cars made the finals in any of the Comp Cams pump gas drags events?
Originally Posted by WS Sick
I feel like I'm listening to my kids.....lol
The logic and reasoning are right there.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The majority of LS based cars of 408 cubes or less that are normally aspirated that run in the tens or better are DEDICATED RACE CARS, I got a DAMN good mind to gut the FAWK outta my car, put a damn CAM in it instead of this sissy *** street cam. Put some gear in it, install a turbo 400 with a brake, tune it on 110 and shut some people the fawk up.

But its a lost cause, I enjoy the HELL out of cracking LS cars. 99% around here HAVE to spray me to get around me LMFAO.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:18 PM
TECH Veteran

There is a new trend now: soon there will be a lot of threads saying something like this, "Thinking of trading my 2010 Camaro SS for the new Mustang Boss!" Wait for it....
Old 08-16-2010, 08:26 PM
TECH Addict

There is a new trend now: soon there will be a lot of threads saying something like this, "Thinking of trading my 2010 Camaro SS for the new Mustang Boss!" Wait for it....
....or you might find one of these in the mix....

....yes it does have a HEMI!!
Old 08-16-2010, 08:33 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by GIZMO
....or you might find one of these in the mix....

....yes it does have a HEMI!!

bleh! i'd rather have a L98 TPI car than that pig
Old 08-16-2010, 08:33 PM
Village Troll

Received 536 Likes on 388 Posts

Originally Posted by FASTFATBOY
The majority of LS based cars of 408 cubes or less that are normally aspirated that run in the tens or better are DEDICATED RACE CARS, I got a DAMN good mind to gut the FAWK outta my car, put a damn CAM in it instead of this sissy *** street cam. Put some gear in it, install a turbo 400 with a brake, tune it on 110 and shut some people the fawk up.

But its a lost cause, I enjoy the HELL out of cracking LS cars. 99% around here HAVE to spray me to get around me LMFAO.
Where you live is not an example as to what's happening around the nation. Check the sig of the OP of the link SpeedDemon posted. Her car is a 408 and was street driven. Those running similar CID and running your times or less are extremely retarded.

Definitely. The new GT is going to tear **** up.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:35 PM
TECH Addict

This is funny. I've already thought this with my car. The new 5.0 motor is awesome. And the mustang is the better car now. Color me a ford fan. The new camaro is ok, but meh.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we are in an abusive relationship hoping things may change someday.

It was my dream car, for me when I was 16 the lt1 was it. I think it all comes down to how much you can buy the car for, it you can get a clean lt car for 3500 buy it if all you can find is a ls car for around 6500 well do the math.

Long live the lt1
Old 08-16-2010, 09:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Man, some of you guys do need to wake up.

Both platforms are great, LSX has 100x better aftermarket support though, which is truly a big deal.
Sooner or later, the LSX platform will be replaced, and the cycle will continue.

I respect and will always do so to any rightly built car, I used to think big *** cam only LS1 cars were cool, then I learned what "real" bolt-ons and a good setup could do compared to a huge *** cam getting choked by stock heads car.

ETs > dyno HP.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...s-any-c-i.html
He comes in 6th, which is amazing considering the top so-called LS1s are actually custom built C5R racing blocks. C5Rs have nothing to do with the production LS1s that grenade at 500hp because of the crappy block. A stock LS1 block is too unstable once you get into the serious HP. Just look at your list for proof vs his street driven LT1.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:17 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by happysem
......then I learned what "real" bolt-ons and a good setup could do compared to a huge *** cam getting choked by stock heads car.
Really? (unported LT1 castings)

Quick Reply: Why are we still holding on to these dinosaurs?