LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

backordered parts...

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 06:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default backordered parts...

If I new that my parts were going to be on backorder I would have paid the extra $10 somewhere else.

To me not having items in stock should be information made known BEFORE I ORDER.

Anybody else hate this crap?

2 weeks with no news.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Theres no way for companies to check everyday for every customer, usually they just call you once the parts arrive. It sucks & Ive waited months for parts to come in.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:55 PM
scj
TECH Addict

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

same here.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:03 PM
On The Tree

did that for new upper control arms from gm 3 weeks till i got them
Old 08-17-2010, 09:16 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by AChotrod
Theres no way for companies to check everyday for every customer, usually they just call you once the parts arrive. It sucks & Ive waited months for parts to come in.
Yes there is. I work at a tiny store and I'm able to do it. Inventory is registered online. Simple.

MANY websites I've been to have this too. I just want to start tearing my motor apart, but I want to be able to throw it back together quickly if I get an emergency need to drive fast.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

cant the op call his credit card company and dispute it? i think i would seems like you might be getting ready to get screwed if you havent already been screwed.

heck whomever he ordered the part or parts from pretty much lied to him at the time of purchase if it was backordered, which would result in the dispute anyways..

nowadays it doesnt take 2 weeks to get a part from anywhere in this country.. hell i can get tires from california in 4 days fed-ex or ups.. and anymore the us postal service is pretty darned quick...
Old 08-17-2010, 09:43 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by brucer
cant the op call his credit card company and dispute it? i think i would seems like you might be getting ready to get screwed if you havent already been screwed.

heck whomever he ordered the part or parts from pretty much lied to him at the time of purchase if it was backordered, which would result in the dispute anyways..

nowadays it doesnt take 2 weeks to get a part from anywhere in this country.. hell i can get tires from california in 4 days fed-ex or ups.. and anymore the us postal service is pretty darned quick...
It's not to that point, and I doubt it will be, but I'm pretty sick of waiting and I'm clearly impatient.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:09 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LSWHO
It's not to that point, and I doubt it will be, but I'm pretty sick of waiting and I'm clearly impatient.
I hear ya dude. I waited 7 months to get my McLeod twin disk With adjustable master, after I was under the impression it was in stock and ready to ship.

As for companies not being able to see if there products are in stock or back orderd is BS I work for the biggest crane maufacturer in the world and we can do it just fine, and there is branches all around the world.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:44 PM
TECH Resident

did you order from summit i wanted like 2 months on some MLS gaskets from them
Old 08-18-2010, 12:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

I had an issue with a popular source that's actually located in Greensboro, NC during my build last fall. I ordered a knock module and a timing set. The "do not reply" email said the module was backordered, and I could simply send an email to customer service and remove the backordered item from the order so the rest could ship. 2 1/2 weeks and 5 unanswered emails later, I found the number for their parts dept. (GM dealership) and got someone there to transfer me to a person in the "online sales division." I'd have waited until March before any of it would have shipped. The followup email from them said they had no idea what happened to my order, blah blah blah, maybe I clicked something wrong, yada yada yada, didn't want to own the problem.

I now have a relationship with a smaller dealership in Raleigh that takes interest in my projects and matches the prices at the other dealership. And they're 5 minutes away.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:27 AM
TECH Resident

Who did you order from? I waited almost 2 months for long tubes, site didn't even say they were out of stock or back ordered...
Old 08-18-2010, 07:43 PM
11 Second Club

Im telling you I work at the largest flooring store in Chicago and there's no way I would know if a customers order got delayed unless I looked into it and its impossible to look at every customers order everyday to see if it arrived.
Two ways I would find out
A. cust calls and I check
B the company I ordered from sends a B.O notice.

If part B doesnt happen how would I know???

BTW a lot of time suppliers dont say a word if something is on B.O for the fear of losing a sale. B.O dates change all the time so even if they do give you one its not a guarantee. It pisses me off because I need to deal with the customer and they always blame us.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

This is why I love living an hour away from summit.

I call, "Do you have this part in stock"
Them, "Yes"
Me, "Ill be there in 45 minutes to pick it up"

I even pay over phone to make sure they dont sell it before I get there.

Im a summit
Old 08-18-2010, 08:26 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LSWHO
If I new that my parts were going to be on backorder I would have paid the extra $10 somewhere else.

To me not having items in stock should be information made known BEFORE I ORDER.

Anybody else hate this crap?

2 weeks with no news.
I have found this to be the case from many vendors on here, along with a lack of information that should have been provided about the parts they sell. Not mentioning names of course
Old 08-19-2010, 05:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

I get so sick of this crap! I went to autozone to get 2 vette front brake hoses for my ls1 brake swap. the only thing i need to be able to drive my car after the rebuild. and as my luck goes, when i ordered them some jackass accidentally voided the order and no one up there told me til today.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:59 PM
TECH Addict

Almost a full month on it's "no more than 7-10 day backorder."

Funny, they've had my money since 8/3.

Thinking about canceling my order and going somewhere else.
Old 08-29-2010, 04:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's why I order almost everything I can from summit. I've had some bad experiences with sponsors on here.
Old 08-29-2010, 04:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im telling you I work at the largest flooring store in Chicago and there's no way I would know if a customers order got delayed unless I looked into it and its impossible to look at every customers order everyday to see if it arrived.
Two ways I would find out
A. cust calls and I check
B the company I ordered from sends a B.O notice.

If part B doesnt happen how would I know???

BTW a lot of time suppliers dont say a word if something is on B.O for the fear of losing a sale. B.O dates change all the time so even if they do give you one its not a guarantee. It pisses me off because I need to deal with the customer and they always blame us.
This isn't flooring... These are performance shops that keep their inventory updated in the computer so there's no excuse for it.
Old 08-29-2010, 04:28 PM
TECH Addict

It pisses me off because I need to deal with the customer and they always blame us.
I'm only pissed at the vendor because I was CHARGED previous to being backordered. And the backorder is now TRIPLE the time they quoted.

They shouldn't charge the customer for something they don't even have in stock to sell. What if they never get it?! What if they go out of business? What if the manuf. never ships them out? It's bad/tacky business to do it backwards.

I still won't release the company name as I don't thinks it's right to do so at this point.
Old 08-29-2010, 05:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thats why i said to dispute/cancel it..

even if its from a vendor on here i would let it be known... that is simply bad business and these companies that are doing it are simply shady and they dont deserve to be a sponsor at that point...

Quick Reply: backordered parts...