LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Fastest DD LT1's on ls1tech

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 06:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would love to tell you to go **** yourself demon, but im not going to pretend to be a hard *** over the web. Its people like you that have ruined this forum. I have seem time and time again people blasting kids because they simple dont know how to put on an Optispark, install headers, etc.so and ask a simple question. Not just this thread but all over. Help the OP or stay the **** out.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LT1John
I would love to tell you to go **** yourself demon, but im not going to pretend to be a hard *** over the web. Its people like you that have ruined this forum. I have seem time and time again people blasting kids because they simple dont know how to put on an Optispark, install headers, etc.so and ask a simple question. Not just this thread but all over. Help the OP or stay the **** out.
I posted information in this thread that pertained to the topic while you haven't. It seems as if you are one of the people ruining the forum.

And it takes 2 seconds to do a quick search that brings up tons of header and optispark install threads. These cars are almost 20 years old and people aren't doing anything that hasn't already been done.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:21 PM
On The Tree

I agree with the search tool, but like i said its putting people on blast when a new member does not think to do a search first. (or taking the time to tell OP that their thread is worthless) Its not just you, its ALOT of people on this forum. Notice my post count, I do not bother getting into everyones bullshit on here. I come on here to learn about my car, and have continually read **** like this.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:31 PM
Staging Lane

I see where you both are coming from. But the way I see it, if you do a search on opti replacements you have 6 pages of people responding with "do a search" and the information gets lost in useless comments. And just like demon said, nothing on here hasn't been done before. Soooooo, if no one goes over this stuff once in a while (rather than complaining), the site dies.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

After we get this sticky can we get a sticky for the fastest green LT1's with MSD opti's on LS1Tech?

Thanks.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:50 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RedLT1Z
After we get this sticky can we get a sticky for the fastest green LT1's with MSD opti's on LS1Tech?

Thanks.
My MSD opti has stranded me twice so I wouldn't call it fast.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Mine is not daily driven because I have company vehicle. I could get in the car and drive it anywhere if need be. Would cost an arm and a leg for fuel but I could. Car have current registration and full coverage insurance. I choose to keep in the garage because I can.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:39 AM
Village Troll

Received 536 Likes on 388 Posts

I could drive my car anywhere. It still has A/C, heat, cruise and a decent stereo. Nothing has been removed from the car except the spare tire and jack. That's all fine and well, but that would then warrant more frequent examinations of the valvetrain and replacing springs more often than not. I hate changing springs.
Originally Posted by LT1John
I agree with the search tool, but like i said its putting people on blast when a new member does not think to do a search first. (or taking the time to tell OP that their thread is worthless) Its not just you, its ALOT of people on this forum. Notice my post count, I do not bother getting into everyones bullshit on here.
speed_demon is good people. His **** is a turd, but he's alright nonetheless. He's brought good info as well as extremely controversial info to the table on this board and CZ28.com and has been on this site a lot longer than you have. What you don't understand is questions like this and many other generic questions have been asked since f-body message forums have been in existence. The info is out there. The answers are not going to change.
I come on here to learn about my car, and have continually read **** like this.
Not sure why you even mention this. I don't consider you to be of the upper echelon because of it. What you are complaining about regarding the fading of these kind of boards has absolutely nothing to do with content. It has to do with people losing interest in the f-body and moving on with life. There were tons more smartass threads/posts/replies/members here, cz28.com and all kinds of local f-body message boards years ago yet those boards thrived. Please try and refrain from believing you have everything figured out and pointing the finger at any one person. It's retarded.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:16 AM
On The Tree

I don't think most people are trying to be dicks, it's just that the question is ambiguous and the OP has a fairly unreasonable expectation. You can look at the fastest list and see that most people running tens have a forged motor with a power adder, a stroker, and/or a real big cam. You can easily see the amount of time and work put in.

You're never going to have another list because what one person calls a race car another might drive on the street all the time.

If he wants to know what it will take to run a certain time and how that car will behave, he should ask that.

And if you want to run 10s, you will probably save money by buying a second car to use. If that second car is a tow truck you'll save even more when you break something at the track, or crash because traction on the street for your 10sec car is a joke.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 126 Likes on 98 Posts

Search works half the time..it's nice to see the repetative threads every now n then cause they all have different info and opinions. It's just the snobby kno it all douches that get all butt hurt about them. Here's an idea: don't click on it..
Originally Posted by SS RRR
speed_demon is good people. His **** is a turd, but he's alright nonetheless.
You two do have alot in common, when y'all gettin married?

You can badmouth that block of mine all ya want there bud..lol..it's runnin faster times than yours by far.

**** my camaro is wrecked and it's faster idling..
Old 11-10-2010, 12:10 PM
TECH Addict

Good thing the arguing guys once again have a moderator in their pocket. Otherwise somebody might actually do something about them.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:10 PM
11 Second Club

Received 126 Likes on 98 Posts

Not in their pocket bud..more like in the front crotchular area of the moderators pants..
Old 11-10-2010, 01:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

All of you are right I didn't word it correctly . See people. At my job are telling me to stay away from AI 200cc heads and the 226/234 .569/.570 sides cam. I have an m6 95 z28 with 3.73. And bolt ons. Are 200cc heads to big for a daily driver they told me to stick with 180cc
Old 11-10-2010, 01:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Why can 10sec fbodys be safe for the street? I'm not gonna be gunning it to work. A lot of sti. Evos. Ls1. And supras are daily driven and are 10sec cars here in cali some have time slips to prove it. But I have an lt1 motor so they can't really help me out. And as for smog I pay under the table
Old 11-10-2010, 01:36 PM
TECH Addict

you can have a 10 second DD LT1. More than likely there will be a lot of track prep needed, but it can be done.

Heads/cam/a4 is easily 10s capable and DD capable when done RIGHT. Not every car nor every setup can run 10s and drive daily. Most can't. I'd say the ones with slips are the only believable ones. The others are fast and furious.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lol. Anything between 10sec and 11 is what I'm shooting for. With the right parts. What are peoples thought on the AI setup I mentioned above
Old 11-10-2010, 02:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

mine ran 11.5@121 last weekend with a **** 1.7 60. its my only car and is my dd.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

the 200cc ai package is a great setup. i dont see any reason daily driving it would be a problem. i had the cam mentioned in my old engine and daily drove it just fine.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:07 PM
10 Second Club

No real prep here except changing the wheels/tires and adjusting shocks. Yup, sold the CTS-V, daily duty it is...finally quit driving on the Hoosiers and front runners and put these on.

<copied from the LTXtech forum>
anyway, i know there was talk about how streetable the Extreme Street class really was...so here ya go, its a daily driver now and has been mostly since the shootout. Dropped the kids off at school, scared the **** out of the kids and mommys in the drop off line, but that's another story. Rowdy and stanky FTW!

runs 10s on slicks, low 11s on radials (radials in drag pics)

Old 11-10-2010, 03:16 PM
Launching!

I've gone 7 30's in the 1/8 at 97 back when I was daily driving my car. That was with a 383 and a t trim leaving off the foot break. I changed to a bigger blower which will get it to the low 10's but the drivability hasn't changed. Those old numbers were with a stock stall converter so the car acted like stock.

Quick Reply: Fastest DD LT1's on ls1tech