LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

2011 LTX Shootout ROLL CALL and smack thread....(yes i know its early lol)

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 06:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CamaroRacing12
If someone double bulbs me and i dont stage until he backs up what happens then?
If he backs up you are OK. If he doesn't and the starter doesn't make him there's not much you can do, but burn him down. If he double bulbs and you pre-stage you have made your own choice. As stated before, there is no guarantee that your oponent will give you time to deep stage. I will warn you that the Pro tree comes on fast. You might miss the tree if you are not on the ball. You would probably be better off working with a cheap practice tree than trying to deep stage on a Pro tree. I think that your results would be random at best.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:32 AM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Bring it biatch! Geeze it must be weird going from a pro tree to a sportsman tree all in the same day.

Oh btw darren is deep staging allowed in street stock? I cant remember what we decieded on
Ohhhhh I'm gonna be bringing it all year up a NED....gotta keep an LT1 in the winners circle this year....wheter its me or you lol

Originally Posted by mrchyzy16
Where is it going to be this year? or is it not in stone yet? Would like to go this year. Never made it last year.
Bowling Green, KY Beech Bend Dragway

If someone dosent follow courtesy staging can the opponent jus not stage and wait until the other guy backs up and out or?
that didn't happen to me at the shootout but if I'm racing brackets or heads up thats my procedure if someone does it........ill just sit there and not stage untill they back up........

Originally Posted by GIZMO
As you know, I race Stock Eliminator. Normally everyone knows each other, so they play nice. But, every once in a while, you get a guy who wants to play staging games. Sometimes it even starts with lane choice. That's why I try to hit both lanes during qualifying. If someone double bulbs they will usually back up. They will not get disqualified, but they have triggered the start timer. If they continue to mess around they can get an automatic red light.

I try not to get into a lot of this, but if my oponent double bulbs and doesn't back up, I will often take my time. Especially if they get on their converter, because I know they are cooking their stuff. Intake heat equals slow times.
Yep.....exactly i just sit there and watch them bake their stuff.......

Yea thats pretty much my take on things also. Always hit both lanes in qualifying/testing. But if i end up planing on going deep i want to make sure courtesy staging is enforced because id hate to have a guy double bulb me when i want to go in deep. If someone double bulbs me and i dont stage until he backs up what happens then? Ive never run pro tree with auto start and honestly have never really raced anyone who plays staging games jus because we are all friends in the local ET bracket series.
I had that happen to me one friday night in new hampsire tony.......there was a huge KOTH field and the pot was pretty big i made it to the finals and the genious next to me decided to dial in a 10.34 on my 10.32 with his 8 sec car and then tried to stage me like that.....he fully staged before i pulled up.......so i tripped just my first bulb and i sat there and idled for 30 seconds then the tree operator looked at me and tried to tell me to go forward.....i called him over and said when he backs up ill go forward.....we both backed up and then had another 30 second dual re-staging the cars.........i ended up taking his computer launched car down with my good old foot brake launched street car

and the list is updated!!!
Old 02-28-2011, 09:46 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can go ahead an put me down for street stock.
Running a 96 Blue Z28.
I just hope the car will be done in time...and be competitive.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

K i jus think if courtesy staging is in effect it should be enforced and the starter should be told about it. Jus trying to cover all my bases.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:21 PM
Teching In

Put me in Street Stock with a Teal 94 Formula
Old 02-28-2011, 01:24 PM
TECH Addict

K i jus think if courtesy staging is in effect it should be enforced and the starter should be told about it.
Sometimes easier said than done! At these types of races a lot of guys don't know that they are doing wrong. They also don't tend to pay a lot of attention to the starter. It's one of those things that aren't worth getting mad about, so you have to find ways to deal with it. If I were running you in an eliminations round and I knew that you liked to stage first, I might be tempted to shoot in there and stage first just to throw you off....
Old 02-28-2011, 02:14 PM
11 Second Club

Sometimes easier said than done! At these types of races a lot of guys don't know that they are doing wrong. They also don't tend to pay a lot of attention to the starter. It's one of those things that aren't worth getting mad about, so you have to find ways to deal with it. If I were running you in an eliminations round and I knew that you liked to stage first, I might be tempted to shoot in there and stage first just to throw you off....
oh i definetly understand that. thats half the race is staging games! but i just want to make sure if courtesy staging is in effect it is enforced.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:37 PM
TECH Addict

oh i definetly understand that. thats half the race is staging games! but i just want to make sure if courtesy staging is in effect it is enforced.
The best thing that you can do if your oponent double bulbs is to not pre-stage. If the starter does not make them back-up and you stage, there is not much that the organizers can do but tell the starter to do better next time.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:21 PM
9 Second Club

that street stock list is growing..........but we need more lets go!!!!!
Old 02-28-2011, 03:44 PM
11 Second Club

The best thing that you can do if your oponent double bulbs is to not pre-stage. If the starter does not make them back-up and you stage, there is not much that the organizers can do but tell the starter to do better next time.
kkkkk now i def gotcha. now i know, ifsomeone double bulbs i will jus wait and idle until the starter makes him back up. thx for the clarification darren

Originally Posted by quik95lt1
that street stock list is growing..........but we need more lets go!!!!!
i freakin love it! keep em coming guys! its gonna be such a sick event!

hey guys check this out. im taking a web design class at school and am just getting my feet wet but we r making a website for class and since all i can think about is this event i decieded to make a site about my car/the event and i kinda jus messed around with it. let me know what u guys think.

http://camaroracing12.com/Project2/index.html

Last edited by CamaroRacing12; 02-28-2011 at 03:58 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:59 PM
11 Second Club

1. Tony Shepherd-------------------Outlaw!
2. Formula383
3. YZF------------------------------SPECTATE
4. POPO8----------------------------SPECTATE
5. MISS POPO8----------------------SPECTATE
6. BLUEBOTTLEZ---------------------SPECTATE
7. LEADFOOT------------------------SPECTATE
8. Phstratton
9. Finnv3
10. 95formula383lt1
11. Torchie94
12. SexyTransAm
13. BLK95-Z
14. Z8's-------------------------OUTLAW
15. muddyjimmy----------------Street Stock - Bracket
16. Tarheel'Z'
17. AChotrod--------------------Mod PA/NA
18. proace4
19. 96LT1355Z28
20. doferrell
21. alan
22. CamaroRacing12------------street stock bracket
23. ZGOBYBY--------------------ES P/A
24. BIG CAT---------------------modified power adder.
25. Badhawk--------------------Extreme Street Na.
26. n2ocamaro
27. am_muscl
28. Black94z28
29. 79LT1Monte
30. LT1_Fireman
31. Chased
32. kline454
33. roadtrip120
34. faust
35. QC97Z
36. CamaroZGuy
37. Nocturnal Z(X's 2 cars)---------'96 Z28 Ex Street NA, '91 Z28 Street Stock
38. KALL----------------------------Street Stock
39. abeane4
40. SSmity
41. Roger
42. jallen100
43. 94Blackbird
44. hvyss
45. 1FastSS
46. Gump - Daren Poole-Adams------------ MOD N/A
47. 3DFORMULA----Darrell Driggers-----Street Stock/Bracket
48. The LT1 THAT COULD-----------------Street Stock & Bracket or Index

hey mike this is the list over at ltxtech.com maybe you can add a class for spectators and what not. fit all these guys on there so we can truley see how big of an event its gonna be and how big the classes are gonna be!
Old 02-28-2011, 04:29 PM
TECH Addict

kkkkk now i def gotcha. now i know, ifsomeone double bulbs i will jus wait and idle until the starter makes him back up. thx for the clarification darren
Keep in mind that there is also the possibility that the starter will pressure you to stage.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:44 PM
11 Second Club

Keep in mind that there is also the possibility that the starter will pressure you to stage.
see thats what i mean. if courtesy staging is in effect and is a rule. i think maybe tony or someone should notify the starter to abide by it.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:47 PM
TECH Addict

see thats what i mean. if courtesy staging is in effect and is a rule. i think maybe tony or someone should notify the starter to abide by it.
What I am trying to say is that I am sure everyone will do their best to enforce it. For Street Stock we can have our own drivers meeting for about ten minutes and explain to everyone what is expected of them.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:52 PM
10 Second Club

I will be there again.

Jeff Stark Black 1994 Firehawk Extreme Street Na.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

hey guys check this out. im taking a web design class at school and am just getting my feet wet but we r making a website for class and since all i can think about is this event i decieded to make a site about my car/the event and i kinda jus messed around with it. let me know what u guys think.

http://camaroracing12.com/Project2/index.html[/QUOTE]

Looks cool bud, good job.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:02 PM
10 Second Club

Very cool I think it looks good. I would list all the classes like you did the other two though with pictures.

Looks great though.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:42 PM
TECH Resident

tyler daniels street stock in a teal/green '94 (somebody tell me exactly what color this is?!)
Old 02-28-2011, 10:32 PM
11 Second Club

What I am trying to say is that I am sure everyone will do their best to enforce it. For Street Stock we can have our own drivers meeting for about ten minutes and explain to everyone what is expected of them.
Kk gotcha! Sorry darren and guys i didnt mean to make a big deal out of it. Jus want to cover every situation possible. Thx for your responses.

Originally Posted by BADHAWK51
Very cool I think it looks good. I would list all the classes like you did the other two though with pictures.

Looks great though.
Thx guys! Yea im jus gettin my feet wet that page was jus a quick in class project we did. When finished in may it should be pretty complete with a full write up and pictures of the life of my car and also full shootout pages like the one there.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:52 AM
9 Second Club

Updated!!!

Quick Reply: 2011 LTX Shootout ROLL CALL and smack thread....(yes i know its early lol)